ADVERTISEMENT

Now next to last in country

I know threes are critical in today's game, however, they are winning and playing decent as of late. I would say, look to Iowa's football team scoring this year....almost last in FBS in offensive production yet 10-3 this year? Maybe it's not all about threes....just saying. I would love to see more threes, but hate the live/die by threes.
You just compared IU hoops to Iowa football. 'Nuff said.

Against who are we shooting that high??
Also we are shooting 25% from 3
Yep and I said we will need to shoot around 35%. I think we will by the end of the year and I don’t want to see us taking more 3s. Just shoot the ones you are open for.

And as far as who we are shooting 60%+ against, that is for the year so far so that’s the average.

Yep and I said we will need to shoot around 35%. I think we will by the end of the year and I don’t want to see us taking more 3s. Just shoot the ones you are open for.

And as far as who we are shooting 60%+ against, that is for the year so far so that’s the average.
Ok so ware was 2-10 vs UConn and 10-11 vs harvard. Point I’m making is we need more Balance and better shooting in order for this team to do anything this year.

Reactions: DCDAVID
Ok so ware was 2-10 vs UConn and 10-11 vs harvard. Point I’m making is we need more Balance and better shooting in order for this team to do anything this year.
And what was Reneau against UConn? Don’t cherry pick a single players bad game.

MK played great that game. No doubt….in a 20 pt loss and we only scored 57 pts because….we can’t shoot
Because Ware had his worst game of the season, MM played like a freshman, and X only played 14 minutes. But keep thinking 3 pt shooting is the end all be all.

Because Ware had his worst game of the season, MM played like a freshman, and X only played 14 minutes. But keep thinking 3 pt shooting is the end all be all.
Never said that. It’s not our strength but it’s a significant weakness

Don't forget Woody pulled the starters with 5 min left.

Not all final 20 pt differences are built the same.

Reneau and X foul trouble had a heavy imprint on that game

Reactions: Beorik
That still doesn’t speak the fact that the OP is correct. Shooting is an issue for us. Until we play someone, the 6-1 record doesn’t mean a whole lot yet
It sure does mean a lot . . . it's 6 wins towards a winning season and a hell of a lot better than 6 losses.

Reactions: Beorik
It sure does mean a lot . . . it's 6 wins towards a winning season and a hell of a lot better than 6 losses.
No it doesn’t. We go below .500 in the BIG and those 6 wins don’t mean a thing because we don’t have any quality wins yet.

What's your objective?

If its to prove IU didn't play well against UConn, Congrats.....99.9% of the fan base agrees with you.
That our offense needs shooting. Poster you replied to thinks because have big guys shooting 60% we don’t need 3 pt shooting

Of course it does. 6 losses would really hurt.And, the season is still young and in my humble opinion IU is improving game to game.
Yes 6 losses is bad. Obviously but big picture, these 6 wins don’t mean much. Need to beat Kansas and get a quality non conf win

Reactions: Willdog7
I absolutely refuse to believe that every poster here wouldn’t like to see a few more 3s go in. Of course we will play through our bigs - they are our strength. However I really don’t think we finish top 1/3 BigTen making only 2-3 3s a game. No one is saying we should shoot 25 per game but we have to improve on next to last in the country in 3s made per game. So after one conference game we made 3 3s and we didn’t need to make more - fine. Oh by the way we shot 55% from the line in that game. We better not do both of those things poorly.

That still doesn’t speak the fact that the OP is correct. Shooting is an issue for us. Until we play someone, the 6-1 record doesn’t mean a whole lot yet
There are a whole lot of teams battling for a tournament shot wishing there was 6 - 1.

IU HAS A QUALITY SCHEDULE, what are you talking about?
Indiana College Pomeroy rankings and schedule rank.
2 PURDUE 10
50 BUTLER 110
66 INDIANA STATE 131
69 INDIANA 204
156 PURDUE FORT WAYNE 257
180 NOTRE DAME 74
255 BALL STATE 341
318 VALPARAISO 313
330 SOUTHERN INDIANA 145
349 IUPUI 233

Reactions: bsmitty08
2 PURDUE 10
50 BUTLER 110
66 INDIANA STATE 131
69 INDIANA 204
180 NOTRE DAME 74
255 BALL STATE 341
318 VALPARAISO 313
330 SOUTHERN INDIANA 145
349 IUPUI 233
That will change before the end of the month.

That will change before the end of the month.
BIG TEN Teams vs ranked teams this month

Illinois at Tennessee
Purdue vs Alabama
Wisconsin at Arizonia
Kansas at Indiana
Arizona vs Purdue
Baylor vs Michigan State

2 PURDUE 10
50 BUTLER 110
66 INDIANA STATE 131
69 INDIANA 204
180 NOTRE DAME 74
255 BALL STATE 341
318 VALPARAISO 313
330 SOUTHERN INDIANA 145
349 IUPUI 233
So Indiana State and Butler are ranked as better teams than IU……don’t think so.

….in 3 pointers made per game. That is sickening. How has it even come to this? We are better than only Houston Christian.
Uh, we are 6-1 and with what might be one of the best front courts in the B1G. We have 3 back court players out injured. Of course we need better outside shooting from deep to be really good, but as Knight used to say, you play with what you got. There were some really good signs against Maryland. They are getting better as a team, with better ball and player movement on offense and better perimeter defense. Hopefully X and Rayford will be back soon to make us deeper in the backcourt.

2 PURDUE 10
50 BUTLER 110
66 INDIANA STATE 131
69 INDIANA 204
180 NOTRE DAME 74
255 BALL STATE 341
318 VALPARAISO 313
330 SOUTHERN INDIANA 145
349 IUPUI 233
Yeah, post this now while you can Pukie

Uh, we are 6-1 and with what might be one of the best front courts in the B1G. We have 3 back court players out injured. Of course we need better outside shooting from deep to be really good, but as Knight used to say, you play with what you got. There were some really good signs against Maryland. They are getting better as a team, with better ball and player movement on offense and better perimeter defense. Hopefully X and Rayford will be back soon to make us deeper in the backcourt.
Not playing short handed would be a nice change of pace...

We scored 57 pts. SMH
Now everyone knows why your posting is what it is, you SMH to many times. The UConn game wasn't out of reach until the last 5-6 minutes. IU had the momentum and down only 7 with the rebound to only lose it and they turned it into a 4 point possession.

Now everyone knows why your posting is what it is, you SMH to many times. The UConn game wasn't out of reach until the last 5-6 minutes. IU had the momentum and down only 7 with the rebound to only lose it and they turned it into a 4 point possession.
You thought we were good offensively in that game? That’s what the conversation is about.

You have no idea if we can do both or not. We have our two best offensive players shooting better than 60%. We haven’t needed to shoot a lot of 3s yet and I suspect we won’t need to this season unless Ware/Reneau suddenly can’t score effectively. We need to make timely 3s. I don’t give a shit how many we make.
So dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT