ADVERTISEMENT

Noticed that Purdue sneaks by Maryland in Mackey 58-55.

I think that you forgot the W/L record over that same period.
I admit, they can win the close game, whether home or away. That’s what wins conference championships and without question Painter is COY, so far. But Purdue’s biggest foe will come.. in March! Can they win in the NCAA tourney?

Reactions: kkott
I admit, they can win the close game, whether home or away. That’s what wins conference championships and without question Painter is COY, so far. But Purdue’s biggest foe will come.. in March! Can they win in the NCAA tourney?
I think the better question at this point is can they beat a mid-major when it matters?

Well, I simply read what is written here by you knowledgeable folks. According to posts here, TJD and JHS are not back. Thompson is not back. Based upon his grandmother's comments, it is hard to see Duncomb back. That kind of leaves a very thin frontcourt in a physical Big Ten. It is difficult to be a successful team in the conference with a weak frontcourt given the nature of the play.

Haven't you seen the comments on this board by IU fans posting very reduced expectations for next year? I certainly have seen them.
Have got heard of the transfer portal? I know Purdue isn’t rich enough to get players from there, but many big name teams can reload exclusively through there. May want to wait a bit

Hard to be bitter when Purdue is ranked 1st in the country and clearly the best team in the big ten. From the sounds of this board, it looks like the bitterness is coming from a little further south.
Clearly the best team in the Big Ten?

Hard to be bitter when Purdue is ranked 1st in the country and clearly the best team in the big ten. From the sounds of this board, it looks like the bitterness is coming from a little further south.
We've been there plenty of times. 24 national championships to 1 ,5 to 0 in bb !!!

Reactions: hickorytree1
Have got heard of the transfer portal? I know Purdue isn’t rich enough to get players from there, but many big name teams can reload exclusively through there. May want to wait a bit
According to you, IU's NIL is a rich one and Purdue's is penurious. I am not so sure that is the case but let's assume that you are correct for a moment for the purposes of discussion. You are also always going on about ROI.

Well, based upon ROI, then #1 ranked Purdue (with that awful NIL as you claim) has to have a much better ROI than that invested in the "rich NIL" IU since at the time of this posting IU is not ranked. Some money is evidently spent wisely and apparently, some isn't.

According to you, IU's NIL is a rich one and Purdue's is penurious. I am not so sure that is the case but let's assume that you are correct for a moment for the purposes of discussion. You are also always going on about ROI.

Well, based upon ROI, then #1 ranked Purdue (with that awful NIL as you claim) has to have a much better ROI than that invested in the "rich NIL" IU since at the time of this posting IU is not ranked. Some money is evidently spent wisely and apparently, some isn't.
Your team is playing on national television and you are posting here? Get a life.

Purdue is only good because of Edey. When he’s gone next year Purdue will take a step back once again. You can’t afford to replace him in the portal. You proved that last year when you had miss after miss in the PG market.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Your team is playing on national television and you are posting here? Get a life.

Purdue is only good because of Edey. When he’s gone next year Purdue will take a step back once again. You can’t afford to replace him in the portal. You proved that last year when you had miss after miss in the PG market.
Suggesting Purdue lacks the resources to cover NIL for players is perhaps the dumbest comment I have seen here.

Glad to see you recognize which team has the better ROI. As for next year, I am confused. On this board, it is claimed that Edey has no NBA chance, so if that is true he is back, which obviates your claim that he won't be back. There goes the step-back claim.

Of course, if he is gone, then Purdue has Berg coming up already, plus Furst and Kaufman-Renn. Isn't the claim that the greatest growth occurs between the first and second years? Also, it looks like some pretty good HS centers are looking at Purdue as a destination. I think IU has a lot more prospective frontcourt issues than Purdue.

Suggesting Purdue lacks the resources to cover NIL for players is perhaps the dumbest comment I have seen here.
Another Purdue poster on an IU board during their nationally televised game.

The Boiler Alliance is giving each scholarship player $50k. That’s chump change.

I posted during halftime, not much going on in an 18-point lead at that point. I like close contests; blowouts are boring. I was reading a book for a lot of the first half with the game on in background. Izzo might like a second technical so he doesn't have to deal with a boring loss.

Reactions: PurdueSteve
Glad to see you recognize which team has the better ROI. As for next year, I am confused. On this board, it is claimed that Edey has no NBA chance, so if that is true he is back, which obviates your claim that he won't be back. There goes the step-back claim.

Of course, if he is gone, then Purdue has Berg coming up already, plus Furst and Kaufman-Renn. Isn't the claim that the greatest growth occurs between the first and second years? Also, it looks like some pretty good HS centers are looking at Purdue as a destination. I think IU has a lot more prospective frontcourt issues than Purdue.
Lol Berg? You can’t be serious. Kaufman has been awful this year.

You have no 2023 high school centers looking at Purdue.

I posted during halftime, not much going on in an 18-point lead at that point. I like close contests; blowouts are boring. I was reading a book for a lot of the first half with the game on in background. Izzo might like a second technical so he doesn't have to deal with a boring loss.
What a nerd.

Reactions: indiana ed

He's seriously here during a PUke game! The IU obsession comes first. WTF

He's seriously here during a PUke game! The IU obsession comes first. WTF
It's called multi-tasking, I am good at it. Like I said, the Purdue game is not very interesting. It's too one-sided in score. Kind of like the IU game last night, was not a very interesting game.

It's called multi-tasking, I am good at it. Like I said, the Purdue game is not very interesting. It's too one-sided in score. Kind of like the IU game last night, was not a very interesting game.
Go back to your book, nerd.

No, you need to get a life. You live here, even when PU is playing. WTF

Lol Berg? You can’t be serious. Kaufman has been awful this year.

You have no 2023 high school centers looking at Purdue.
Who said 2023? I was looking down the road? You have no idea what Berg is like. Didn't the TV guys just say a bit ago that Kaufman-Renn's future is very bright? I heard them say that.

Who said 2023? I was looking down the road? You have no idea what Berg is like. Didn't the TV guys just say a bit ago that Kaufman-Renn's future is very bright? I heard them say that.
That’s what they are paid to say. He’s been awful this year. Berg sucks. Who are the bigs you are counting on in future classes?

I posted at halftime. The present game is boring. Purdue is just coasting. I am going to switch over to the Rutgers game. Hopefully, it will be a close game.
Do you and your partner ever go out with friends? I’ve never heard you mention anything about it.

I posted at halftime. The present game is boring. Purdue is just coasting. I am going to switch over to the Rutgers game. Hopefully, it will be a close game.
and Heeeeeeeere they come.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Do you and your partner ever go out with friends? I’ve never heard you mention anything about it.
My wife and I have quite a good number of friends. We get together at each other's homes on occasion. But we are not big partiers if that is what you mean. We are involved in local civic groups and a cultural group.

My wife and I have quite a good number of friends. We get together at each other's homes on occasion. But we are not big partiers if that is what you mean. We are involved in local civic groups and a cultural group.
My goodness your life seems absolutely miserable. No wonder you spend so much time here seeking validation.

Reactions: indiana ed
I was at the IU game last night, it was very interesting.

That’s what they are paid to say. He’s been awful this year. Berg sucks. Who are the bigs you are counting on in future classes?
So I guess the same is true about what was said on the IU game last night, or does that only go one way? Malachi Moreno of Kentucky seems to be quite interested. We'll see how the recruitment turns out. I do believe Painter's (and Brantley's) success with Edey will attract attention. Proof is in the pudding.

As for Berg, he is said to be developing OK according to reports. Hard to say in the absence of seeing him. However, Edey's development does give the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: PurdueSteve
My goodness your life seems absolutely miserable. No wonder you spend so much time here seeking validation.
If a person spends 24/7 on their rival's website, including during their own team's games, this person doesn't have a life: it speaks for itself.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Sheep shearing competitions are "cultural groups" these days?

Yeeee Haaaaw
No sheep around here, (too close to a major urban area), we are learning a foreign language. Of course, knowing how to shear a sheep would be an interesting skill that I wish that I had. My not too distant ancestors likely had it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT