ADVERTISEMENT

Not giving up on this team

[QUO 10th or lower butTE="Crimson Crush, post: 2479029, member: 56656"]Looking forward to our perennial 6th place finish and losing to Wisconsin on the hardwood (again). Really excited about that![/QUOTE]
Get over it RMK is never coming back and you just can tell about you tone that you can't get over RMK getting fired. We finished 5th last year in his first year after being picked to finish 10th or lower. We had the 10th ranked recruiting class this year and will have 2 of the top 6 players in the conference this year. I will be there next Saturday for HH and rooting the team on like I do every IU team.

G
Where have we heard that before? Just wait until next
year or basketball season.
Guess I need to be negative,we suck with no hope of making a bowl game.
Believe it or not,we are not far from being a good team.
We are in better shape than Minny,Illinois,Rutgers,Nebraska,Maryland,and
Purdue.We just happen to be in the wrong division.

[QUOTE="IU Scott, post: 2479230,
Get over it RMK is never coming back and you just can tell about you tone that you can't get over RMK getting fired. We finished 5th last year in his first year after being picked to finish 10th or lower. We had the 10th ranked recruiting class this year and will have 2 of the top 6 players in the conference this year. I will be there next Saturday for HH and rooting the team on like I do every IU team.[/QUOTE]

Scott - that is simply not true. Knight should have taken his own advice and moved on about 6 years earlier. By his own admission, things had soured for him because of our lousy administration and the results showed on the court as well. Our response to Knight’s dismissal was a goat rodeo in the way we went about finding replacements in Davis, Sampson and Crean.

This is why I think Fred Glass’ take is the right one: one team, 24 sports and don’t shelve football for basketball. There are plenty of schools that have figured this out and can shed labels and be solid in both.

If you go back 30 seasons (3 decades) you will see that IU has finished in 1st place in the conference in basketball regular season a total of 6 times (20%). We have finished 5th place or lower a total of 13 times (43%). Almost 1/2 of our finishes in that time are in the lower half of the division!
We have NEVER won a BTT championship.

Contrast that with Michigan State during the same time period who has won 9 regular season crowns (30%) and finished 5th place or lower a total of only 7 times.

This is simply unfathomable for a school that prides itself on basketball. We aren’t even the marquee program in our own conference. IU needs to “figure out” what MSU and Wisconsin did a go do it. But, alas, our past administration decided they would try to ride it out on jet fumes and pump no money into football or basketball, while other schools did.

Reactions: IUgradman
G

Guess I need to be negative,we suck with no hope of making a bowl game.
Believe it or not,we are not far from being a good team.
We are in better shape than Minny,Illinois,Rutgers,Nebraska,Maryland,and
Purdue.We just happen to be in the wrong division.
Would you care to explain that "better shape" statement??

Barring significant injuries I think we can get to 8-4.
My untrained eye has seen improvements since last year,we are getting deeper and we are getting stronger.
I believe CTA is the right guy for the job,he is big on accountability and I like that.
I could see this team being pretty damn good in about 2 years. Fire away.
No give up with this team. We just need to improve and move on to the next game. One game at a time...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT