ADVERTISEMENT

Not giving up on this team

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Barring significant injuries I think we can get to 8-4.
My untrained eye has seen improvements since last year,we are getting deeper and we are getting stronger.
I believe CTA is the right guy for the job,he is big on accountability and I like that.
I could see this team being pretty damn good in about 2 years. Fire away.

My untrained eye has seen improvements since last year,we are getting deeper and we are getting stronger.
I believe CTA is the right guy for the job,he is big on accountability and I like that.
Totally agree about the future. Really cant see 8 wins at all. Not even sure where you found them but hey....were all guessing....vbg...but I only see 6...IF we beat PU...

Reactions: CC Mac
Agreed. Yes, IU had mistakes and missed opportunities last night. The biggest issue is the Sparty DL dominated last night. Even then, we still had our chances.

I love my Hoosiers and will until the Good Lord calls me home!

If IU doesn’t go to a bowl this year then recruiting will dry up. This program cannot afford another multi-year bowl drought. The fact is this program still steps on its **** when the bright lights are on and folds under pressure. A complete overhaul is needed in the mentality of this program, and it starts with a commitment by the university to winning. Replacing McRobbie would be a nice start. Glass is a namby pamby goody two shoes and that weak mindset filters down into the sports teams. Winning requires toughness and cracking a few eggs.

Last edited:
If IU doesn’t go to a bowl this year then recruiting will dry up. This program cannot afford another multi-year bowl drought. The fact is this program still steps on its **** when the bright lights are on and folds under pressure. A complete overhaul is needed in the mentality of this program, and it starts with a commitment by the university to winning. Replacing our fat Aussie president would be a nice start. Glass is a namby pamby goody two shoes and that weak mindset filters down into the sports teams. Winning requires toughness and cracking a few eggs.

Tom Allen is tough enough. Mike Debord isnt.

Reactions: toastedbread
Had to beat MSU.

Bowl hopes gone. Basketball season awaits.

Silly post by a fair weather fan.

MSU was beatable and IU didn’t close for sure, but if they have one of top run D’s in the country, that wasn’t a patsy game ever considered to be a gimme.

We are still halfway to bowling and can see min 3 wins available among:
Rutgers, MD, MN, PU & IA

That doesn’t mean easy, but believe team will do it.

Totally agree about the future. Really cant see 8 wins at all. Not even sure where you found them but hey....were all guessing....vbg...but I only see 6...IF we beat PU...
Maybe not but Rutgers,Maryland,Minnesota are not good.
We should win those 3 which gives us 6.Purdue and Iowa are both home games which at least makes them a toss up.

No reason to give up four games into the season. I don’t see 8 wins because IU has too many deficiencies (imo) to fix in a compressed timeframe, and they’ll have to do it against some solid teams (other than Rutgers, there are no opponents remaining who aren’t legitimate threats to beat IU). It starts next week against a Rutgers team that IU should beat, though VaTech can tell what happens when you forget to prepare and then overlook your foe.

IU needs to get back to running the ball, but they also have to start trying to establish some semblance of a downfield passing game. It’s clear the coaches lack confidence in Ramsey’s ability to go down the field, and I think IU’s receivers struggle to off the line, but they have to make defenses pay for stacking the box or more trouble awaits. Ramsey is accurate in the short game, but that’s not going to be enough against good defenses.

Up front, the O line isn’t quite the juggernaut some people made them out to be. Some of that is simply based on ability and physical size, some of it scheme, some of it inexperience (not much blocking help from the tight end position, and you need that when there’s no fullback).

Defensively, guys need to win battles, but they were left on the field too long last night. Without singling out individuals, the second level doesn’t look Big 10 ready.

Special teams need to tighten up. When the margin for error is thin, that’s an opportunity to excel. The punting has been very average and things like the fake FG can’t happen.

On to Rutgers.

If IU doesn’t go to a bowl this year then recruiting will dry up. This program cannot afford another multi-year bowl drought. The fact is this program still steps on its **** when the bright lights are on and folds under pressure. A complete overhaul is needed in the mentality of this program, and it starts with a commitment by the university to winning. Replacing McRobbie would be a nice start. Glass is a namby pamby goody two shoes and that weak mindset filters down into the sports teams. Winning requires toughness and cracking a few eggs.
Huh??? Pissy this morning aren't we. You know, not once did I see either Glass or McRobbie making tackles and blocks along the line. Take a deep breath...talk like that is irrational imo...its just a loss. Did you think we were going undefeated? Come on man...

Reactions: limestonecowboy
Had to beat MSU.

Bowl hopes gone. Basketball season awaits.
Got a bomb? I say...Just blow the whole thing up....really...its all over...never win another game...will never improve. play all the freshman....fire Allen...pull Ramsey's schollie...anything else you can think of while your crying like a 12 year old?

Good...the sun will shine again...we play Rutgers next...then we will win every game left on the schedule...beat OSU...get the Rose bowl...whoooops, tooo much?

Right...both arguments are...vbg

Reactions: hoosierfan35
We should win those 3 which gives us 6.Purdue and Iowa are both home games which at least makes them a toss up.
Only Rutgers is a “definite win” (hate to say that as an IU fan) among that group. Minnesota is probably the next most winnable game, but the other three will be toss ups, at best.

Reactions: IUCol and IUgradman
5-7 is the best case scenario at this point. I saw an undisciplined and physically and mentally overmatched team out there last night. I don’t know how many losing seasons under Glass there have to be before he gets fired. When you have the lowest paid coaching staff and some of the worst facilities in the Big Ten, losing seasons should be expected.

Ummmm...did you see Maryland play yesterday? I did and they aint bad. Matt Canada has them playing hard and they dominated yesterday...fast...big backs...they look like a team that will be playing well by the time we see them. Scratch them from that sure win list. And did you see PU play? I did and man they aint bad either...so scratch them too. What then?

More than anything else I was stunned to see IU's offensive line get pushed around so often last night. MSU's run defense was as good as advertised and the limits on O begin immediately at that point. As the game progressed, MSU put more and more pressure on Peyton and I don't think it would have mattered who was standing back there in the pocket you must have time to make something/anything good happen.

Here's hoping MSU's defense is the best (by far) IU will face this season. Certainly head and shoulders above the likes of Rutgers, Maryland, Minn . . .

One game at a time, Go Hoosiers!

More than anything else I was stunned to see IU's offensive line get pushed around so often last night. MSU's run defense was as good as advertised and the limits on O begin immediately at that point. As the game progressed, MSU put more and more pressure on Peyton and I don't think it would have mattered who was standing back there in the pocket you must have time to make something/anything good happen.

Here's hoping MSU's defense is the best (by far) IU will face this season. Certainly head and shoulders above the likes of Rutgers, Maryland, Minn . . .

One game at a time, Go Hoosiers!
Really solid post imo. But have you seen UM's defense? OMG they look world beaters yesterday. Ugh...oh well, coaches better develop a quick release, short drop passing game for anyone that can run a route and catch a pass. I have never been a "throw it down the field" guy. Some have been listening to idiot tv commentators a bit tooooo much...vbg. Throwing it more than 20 yds is a gamble every time it goes up...for any team. That about the db's more than the QBs imo.

Anyway, coaches have their work cut out for them. Now...we will see what they are made of...wont we?:rolleyes:

PS...Oh yeah...don't look at OSU's D either and still hold your lunch down. It don't get much easier...

Ummmm...did you see Maryland play yesterday? I did and they aint bad. Matt Canada has them playing hard and they dominated yesterday...fast...big backs...they look like a team that will be playing well by the time we see them. Scratch them from that sure win list. And did you see PU play? I did and man they aint bad either...so scratch them too. What then?
Did you see them get blown out by Temple?

I like the name of this thread and your theme. There's absolutely no reason to give up on the team. When posters made their season predictions over the spring and summer, most people pegged this game as a loss. I think some/many then got caught up in our 3-0 start and got a little giddy thinking we'd win this game, but the fact is we lost to a better team and one that I still think is among the best three in the conference. I also believe we got MSU at the worst possible time, after a bye --- and a loss.

I like our team. They're tough and gritty and, unlike teams in recent seasons, they play well in the fourth quarter. They were down 28-7, but came back and made a game of it. They went perfect in the preseason - - no bad losses to any mid-major teams, like we were accustomed to under the previous regime.

Where I do disagree is your projection for our final record. I think any chance for an 8+ win season disappeared last night, but a 6-6 or even 7-5 record remains very doable.

Beat Rutgers!

Reactions: IUCol
No offense to Ramsey. He knows his reads, knows the offense, commands the huddle, no question how tough he is. Without being able to push the ball down field- what was he 1-6 throwing the ball over 10 yards last night with an INT- we will never beat a good Big10 team. Defenses do not respect a QB that throws 2 yard stretch passes and that’s why State was bringing the pressure and loading the box especially in the second half.

PS...Oh yeah...don't look at OSU's D either and still hold your lunch down. It don't get much easier...
No clear-thinking person expects us to beat OSU. Thanks for your daily ray of sunshine, though.

No clear-thinking person expects us to beat OSU. Thanks for your daily ray of sunshine, though.
Still pissy huh? Get a grip. I believe in this team. Just don't think MSU is the toughest D we will see. There are still plenty of games to win. And I have said so over and over. Why are you so dark and argumentative? Wrong side of the bed?

Reality is only dark for those short sighted people. Are lawyers short sighted? Didn't think so why are you being sophistic? Why do you have to make this personal? Used to think you were above that. My mistake...

Last edited:
IU will beat Rutgers.

4-1 and then they'll get their next shot at the big win I'm seeing.

Let the season play out. My Hoosiers can play. I hated the bye week for MSU coming off a loss.

Reactions: td75 and IUCol
Ha ha. No. Still in Bloomington until they prove me wrong. When Archie has a few clunkers this year, you’ll turn on him too.

I will? Good to know you have your finger on the pulse of the IU fanbase.

But I know this MO. It's so typical for Indiana football fans to turn on the "basketball only" fans (which I most assuredly am not) when the football team does it's seasonal sh!tting of the bed. Carry on.

p.s. The same could be said about Tom Allen, right? Until proven wrong, it's the same old, same old in Bloomington, no? Better start winning some big games (what a perfect opportunity last night). Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Upset Alert
Where have we heard that before? Just wait until next
year or basketball season.

Reactions: IUgradman

But I know this MO. It's so typical for Indiana football fans to turn on the "basketball only" fans (which I most assuredly am not) when the football team does it's seasonal sh!tting of the bed. Carry on.

You proved my point:

You’ll turn on the football team at the drop of a hat but extend extreme patience to the basketball team. Gotta apply the same standards to both there buddy.

And, if you want to talk about “shitting the bed” maybe we shouldn’t lose by gobs at home to IPFW and ISU.

That was embarrassing. More so than a loss to a solid conference opponent last night.

p.s. The same could be said about Tom Allen, right? Until proven wrong, it's the same old, same old in Bloomington, no? Better start willing some big games (what a perfect opportunity last night). Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it?
So I guess that means your "basketball season awaits" comment was inappropriate...right..based on your own comments?

You proved my point:

You’ll turn on the football team at the drop of a hat but extend extreme patience to the basketball team. Gotta apply the same standards to both there buddy.

And, if you want to talk about “shitting the bed” maybe we shouldn’t lose by gobs at home to IPFW and ISU.

That was embarrassing. More so than a loss to a solid conference opponent last night.

Maybe reread my post...I was actually defending Tom Allen. And your hypocrisy is astounding. Gonna punk Archie who came in and had to replace an absolute train wreck of a roster and a program, but somehow Allen gets the benefit of the doubt as a transition from the previous staff...awesome.

But since you're so confident about the shortcomings of the basketball team, how about we make a wager that Archie and company will finish better than, what did you claim...6th in the Big Ten?

Last edited:
Reactions: Upset Alert
So I guess that means your "basketball season awaits" comment was inappropriate...right..based on your own comments?

Where did I post "basketball season awaits"...? Please show me. You've got to be effing kidding with this, right?

“Gonna punk Archie who came in and had to replace an absolute train wreck of a roster and a program, but somehow Allen gets the benefit of the doubt as a transition from the previous staff...awesome.”

He (Archie) had veteran players coming back and any way you slice it, you don’t lose to IPFW and ISU like that. That’s a cop out.

It was a disappointing game but we still have plenty of winnable games left on the schedule. We have to get to a bowl game this year. I believe we’ll respond well from this.

“Gonna punk Archie who came in and had to replace an absolute train wreck of a roster and a program, but somehow Allen gets the benefit of the doubt as a transition from the previous staff...awesome.”

He (Archie) had veteran players coming back and any way you slice it, you don’t lose to IPFW and ISU like that. That’s a cop out.
Both had bad first years. They both needs good seasons this year to not lose the fanbase and keep recruiting momentum.

Reactions: IUgradman
No offense to Ramsey. He knows his reads, knows the offense, commands the huddle, no question how tough he is. Without being able to push the ball down field- what was he 1-6 throwing the ball over 10 yards last night with an INT- we will never beat a good Big10 team. Defenses do not respect a QB that throws 2 yard stretch passes and that’s why State was bringing the pressure and loading the box especially in the second half.
Bingo.

Reactions: Mbooch12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT