ADVERTISEMENT

Nice to get the win.

Battimi

Senior
Apr 26, 2002
Always nice to see us play well enough to win against a big time opponent. I think SJ will prove to be a quality win. They played really hard tonight and their star player is legit. He might be a lottery pick - great player.

We have 3 wins but we have lost two 2nd halves. Good thing they play a 1st half!

To my eyes, SJ seemed to get easier shots in the 2nd half, they hit their free throws at a much better rate and they out rebounded us. Kind of out hustled us even though I think we played hard, especially on D for the 1st half and portions of the 2nd.

We have a lot to improve upon. We missed too many wide open looks - how do we fix that one? We took some quick shots that were not quality - hope we get this one fixed (noticed it in games 1 & 2 as well). We seemingly could not close out a defensive rebound for much of the second half. We missed a lot of free throws. I am sure Woody will get to work on this.

We are only three games into a long season but I think the best lineup we can put on the floor right now is: TJD, Race, Jordan, Tamar and X. Nothing against Kopp and Stewart. I hope they bang home 10 threes and next game and prove me wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT