ADVERTISEMENT

Next year a new coach would get

This post is stupid. Replace Archie with any coach and I bet it’s the same results. We have guards who can’t shoot! They never will! Wouldn’t matter who we have on the sideline!
Very true. It's not like a new coach comes in and the player goes, "Oh, you mean the ball is supposed to go, "through" the hoop. I got it." I am hoping Leal and Galloway are improvements in the outside shooting for this team.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Crean's recruiting was better than Archie's for the first handful of years.... then it fell off a cliff.... which is still having repercussions upon the program.

He's a joke of an actual coach.... as you can see by his results this year, even with the #1 NBA pick on his team this season.

Uhm, interesting, you think he could've taken a healthy Romeo 1 in 1m doubt it? As much as I don't like Crean and glad we are rid, I'm not sure he could even manage to lose 12-13 this year or last with that type of talent and average to above around him.

Very true. It's not like a new coach comes in and the player goes, "Oh, you mean the ball is supposed to go, "through" the hoop. I got it." I am hoping Leal and Galloway are improvements in the outside shooting for this team.

Yes, but can they get their shot away in college, in the B10? I once beat a D1 star in 1 on 1 in pickup, just because he didn't think I could hit like 10 extended 3's regularly, I couldn't stop him shooting 2's at all. He wanted to go again immediately and I said no way, I'm 30 and a light smoker, need one and a big Gatorade NOW! Point is there's a huge difference between HS and P5 ball, I just don't see these guys contributing any time soon.

Yes, but can they get their shot away in college, in the B10? I once beat a D1 star in 1 on 1 in pickup, just because he didn't think I could hit like 10 extended 3's regularly, I couldn't stop him shooting 2's at all. He wanted to go again immediately and I said no way, I'm 30 and a light smoker, need one and a big Gatorade NOW! Point is there's a huge difference between HS and P5 ball, I just don't see these guys contributing any time soon.
You have a point. We don't know if they can do it until we see it. This is why I never get too excited about recruits until I see them in game action. Then you can usually tell whether they belong on that level.

It didnt fall off a cliff. There were horrible recruits but he got bryant and JBJ still later on. Archies recruiting is is going downhill fast though imo.
We got Bryant because of the mess at Syracuse.

We got JBJ because Devin Booker picked UK earlier in the afternoon the day Blackmon “re-committed” to IU.

After Zeller, we lucked into enough to win the Big 10 in a down year for the league. But if Crean’s recruiting hadn’t “fallen off a cliff” we would have gotten at least 1 of the 4 kids (Kris Wilkes; Jaren Jackson, Jr; Paul Scruggs; Malik Williams) from the state in the 2017 class. We didn’t.

Im beginning to realize iu is incapable of making a good bbal hire. Crean had some bright moments compared to archie but overall was an average coach. Archie is a lower tier big ten coach. Our best chance to still get a big name was the sampson hire. We messed that up also when we could of had beilein. I think we are doomed.

I can’t help but wonder if how IU handled the Sampson situation soured us to some other coaches. What Sampson did, while at the time against the rules, wasn’t exactly the worst thing a coach could have done, and it’s permissible now. I just wonder if other coaches saw that and said to themselves “we all do little shit like that and I’m not getting f***ing fired and having my name dragged through the mud over stupid shit we all do or have done”.

Exhibit A in how ridiculous some people are. That anyone would suggest hiring Pitino as the answer is telling. He is the antithesis of our heritage.

His coaches paid for whores.

Please spare me the alibi he was unaware.

All the more sad on the day Coach Knight comes back. I'm not a Knight apologist, but his integrity in running a clean program is beyond reproach.

While "Just win, baby" is OK for the Raiders, Sampson, Pitino et al, it just isn't the way we do things.

I'm not happy with our situation either, but I don't ever want us to sacrifice integrity for success.

Non-grads are often (not all of course) far less concerned about the character and academic side of the puzzle, Common among big programs with lots of subway alumni.

He ain't getting shit, a new AD and rightfully so will negotiate a buyout after we miss the tourney, FG declines NIT to spare embarrassment AGAIN!, and not own another predictable dumpster fire next year, new AD can at least say "we gonna suck, but I'm going to fix it". IMO, it should be Matta if he wants it, there's no timing issue other than being behind on a shitty recruiting class. If we're in a new situation by month's end, there's maybe time to gain ground with someone competent in charge.

Lol.

Why the hell would Archie negotiate a buyout? Because you want him to? It's in his contract for a reason, but I would love for you to tell the reason why he would willingly lose all that money when there's no earthly reason he has to.

Reactions: minneman
My suggestion: Find something else - maybe a new hobby - to keep you busy and, most importantly, make it something YOU have control over. IU basketball is going to disappoint for years to come. For whatever reason, the magic is long gone.

My suggestion: Find something else - maybe a new hobby - to keep you busy and, most importantly, make it something YOU have control over. IU basketball is going to disappoint for years to come. For whatever reason, the magic is long gone.

For whatever reason? LOL. For the same reason that you were likely celebrating about 20 years ago.

Better take a break from posting. I know this has been a tough weekend for you.

Exhibit A in how ridiculous some people are. That anyone would suggest hiring Pitino as the answer is telling. He is the antithesis of our heritage.

All the more sad on the day Coach Knight comes back. I'm not a Knight apologist, but his integrity in running a clean program is beyond reproach.

While "Just win, baby" is OK for the Raiders, Sampson, Pitino et al, it just isn't the way we do things.

I'm not happy with our situation either, but I don't ever want us to sacrifice integrity for success.

Lets leave the hookers out of this

This is another apologist exc
wrong wrong wrong wrong a new coach that ran a freaking offense could easily succeed with these players, but he’d also be smart enough to go get a grad transfer or two

This is another apologist exc

wrong wrong wrong wrong a new coach that ran a freaking offense could easily succeed with these players, but he’d also be smart enough to go get a grad transfer or two
:rolleyes: How many shooters where available as grad transfers willing to come to IU? You bitch about not getting or taking players but you and many others blasted crean for taking every Tom dick and Harry. It seems as if you have one fix all view. You just argue for argument sake.

I would agree with that, he was largely cleared by those charged as the only coach that really did delegate so much he didn't know what was going on. Is that good, no, but I doubt he or Sampson would make that mistake again if given a 2nd chance. I personally prefer Matta, no ethics issues and a proven record of recruiting and winning, plus he's instantly available assuming he's healthy and would want it. He's not that old either.
A buddy of mine who was an Air Force recruiter in Oklahoma told me about our former coach's reputation down at OK. He was considered to be shady. Now I said, "he won't do that at IU. Everybody deserves a second chance". Guess what? He got us into hot water. Sometimes people don't learn. Who knows what he is doing at Houston. I would pass on Pitino because that is too much baggage. If healthy I would also want Matta if he is able to coach again at a high level. He is a proven winner.

:rolleyes: How many shooters where available as grad transfers willing to come to IU? You bitch about not getting or taking players but you and many others blasted crean for taking every Tom dick and Harry. It seems as if you have one fix all view. You just argue for argument sake.
How the hell should I know quit asking stupid questions that have no answers. Hey you know what I saw u drunk one night at this place and you passed out now prove that didn’t happen

A buddy of mine who was an Air Force recruiter in Oklahoma told me about our former coach's reputation down at OK. He was considered to be shady. Now I said, "he won't do that at IU. Everybody deserves a second chance". Guess what? He got us into hot water. Sometimes people don't learn. Who knows what he is doing at Houston. I would pass on Pitino because that is too much baggage. If healthy I would also want Matta if he is able to coach again at a high level. He is a proven winner.
He texted players puhhhhleeze

How the hell should I know quit asking stupid questions that have no answers. Hey you know what I saw u drunk one night at this place and you passed out now prove that didn’t happen
Answer the question with your vast all knowing knowledge. If you make a claim then back it up. You obviously don’t so it’s easier to attack someone.

TJD
BRUNK
DURHAM
SMITH
ANDERSON
HUNTER
PHIN
FRANKLIN
LEAL
GERONIMO
GALLOWAY
THOMPSON

that’s a tournament team.

I agree, this roster most definitely will be a tournament team next year.
CBI for sure, but hopefully the NIT.

lol ....

Sure you did, Shooter ..

Do you have any eligibility left?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Lol.

Why the hell would Archie negotiate a buyout? Because you want him to? It's in his contract for a reason, but I would love for you to tell the reason why he would willingly lose all that money when there's no earthly reason he has to.

Because he's not getting an extension and knows he'd be out after next year anyway, he might as well take a negotiated buyout, for less, but maybe one that he gets to keep all of

Because he's not getting an extension and knows he'd be out after next year anyway, he might as well take a negotiated buyout, for less, but maybe one that he gets to keep all of

He gets to keep all of it if he's fired before March 2022. That's literally in his contract, so why would he take a buyout for less money when he's guaranteed all that? Because you want him to?

Some people don't understand how this works.

He texted players puhhhhleeze
The common belief among many that he was canned over texting and phone calls that are now allowed is very very short-sighted in my mind. Trust me, I want Archie gone yesterday, but I had absolutely ZERO problem with canning Sampson. He wasn't canned for just phone calls, which he had already been caught doing at Oklahoma and made a public promise when hired at IU that he'd now behave. What did he do then? Make the same calls, then when caught, lied to the University, lied to the NCAA, tried to cover it up, tried to get an assistant coach to be the fall guy, and never once, not once, accepted any responsibility for HIS actions and lies. He completely deserved getting shown the door.

He ain't getting shit, a new AD and rightfully so will negotiate a buyout after we miss the tourney, FG declines NIT to spare embarrassment AGAIN!, and not own another predictable dumpster fire next year, new AD can at least say "we gonna suck, but I'm going to fix it". IMO, it should be Matta if he wants it, there's no timing issue other than being behind on a shitty recruiting class. If we're in a new situation by month's end, there's maybe time to gain ground with someone competent in charge.

Another world class call from the village idiot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT