ADVERTISEMENT

Newkirk 3 FG for his last 20 attempts

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
Teams don't respect or guard Newkirk on the perimeter. Can't spread the floor on offense with Newkirk on the floor.

He’s not playing well, but we need him if we want to string together some wins in February.

Teams don't respect or guard Newkirk on the perimeter. Can't spread the floor on offense with Newkirk on the floor.
A blindfolded Damon Bailey would have
a better shooting % than most on this
team.

Play Al Durham as backup PG to Green.
JN can come in with Priller and fire up bricks and jump in the air and throw it away when it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the guy. He's battled significant injury to get back and had some good moments for IU, but he has lost all confidence. The silver lining is he still has time to help this team.

I'd like to see him become a Jamaal Meeks type of player. Play PG and focus only on distributing the ball and playing defense. If he gets some points off turnovers and layups, great, but he is not helping the team shooting it right now.

I think Blackmon although a walk on transferred in so he's not eligible I believe (I've seen others ask for him to play).

As far as Newkirk, Archie is managing him well now. Has Green taking his minutes and he's got to play better to get them back.

I don't mind him at all with backup minutes. Better than Durham right now.

I feel bad for the guy. He's battled significant injury to get back and had some good moments for IU, but he has lost all confidence. The silver lining is he still has time to help this team.

I'd like to see him become a Jamaal Meeks type of player. Play PG and focus only on distributing the ball and playing defense. If he gets some points off turnovers and layups, great, but he is not helping the team shooting it right now.

He's the perfect Crean PG: play fast, don't worry about turnovers, defense optional. If he could do as you say, and learn to just take the open shot or open driving lane and put up good shots, he could be pretty good. But, I don't believe he can be taught to play that way and doesn't understand what a good shot or scoring situation is.

Basically everyone's field goal % and 3-point % is down this year compared to last. Morgan is really the only outlier. In terms of field goal %, RJ is down 3% from last year, Newkirk is down 7%, Green is down 10%, and Jones is down 8%. All of them have lower 3-point % this year as well.

Green likes like he is a lot more under control. And when he has to he has the athletic ability to get his own shot. One of those was when he had the bank shot that was a mid ranger.

I think as Green becomes more comfortable with his PG position,as CAM wishes him to play, Green will add points as well as assists to the offense. His play should open up teammates.

Basically everyone's field goal % and 3-point % is down this year compared to last. Morgan is really the only outlier. In terms of field goal %, RJ is down 3% from last year, Newkirk is down 7%, Green is down 10%, and Jones is down 8%. All of them have lower 3-point % this year as well.
Who is Jones?

Meeks is a good comparison. Neither are consistent enough shooters to be taking shots: their strenghts lie elsewhere. Problem is, there are no Cheaney's and Bailey's to distribute the ball to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT