ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois was impressive last night

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Shannon and Dainja are the real deal. Shannon---extremely quick, Dainja strong and athletic. Also impressed with Epps, Rodgers....both better than expected. Coleman Hawkins and Matt Mayer didn't have great games but are capable. Sencire Harris looks like a step back from Clark & Epps. Goode didn't play.....hurt?

They appear to have a higher ceiling than last year.

PSU is an interesting team....lots of 3 point shooters but little height or heft. Better than expected. Pickett went for a triple double last night. They'll probably finish somewhere between 7-10.

Minnesota looked terrible. Very slow, no point guard, no shooting. Battle is out right now, but even with him they look like a bottom 3 BT team.

Last edited:
Shannon and Dainja are the real deal. Shannon---extremely quick, Dainja strong and athletic. Also impressed with Epps, Rodgers....both better than expected. Coleman Hawkins and Matt Mayer didn't have great games but are capable. Sencire Harris looks like a step back from Clark & Epps. Goode didn't play.....hurt?

Goode out for a considerable amount of time with a foot injury.

PSU is an interesting team....lots of 3 point shooters but little height or heft. Better than expected. Pickett went for a triple double last night. They'll probably finish somewhere between 7-10.

Minnesota looked terrible. Very slow, no point guard, no shooting. Battle is out right now, but even with him they look like a bottom 3 BT team.
I watched the PSU game... They're going to get smoked a lot when their shots aren't falling. But when they are they can beat anyone in the conference

Watched Illinois last night also. Monmouth played zero defense. Any defense might have made a difference. These early games, IU's wins of MS and BC included, really don't mean much because the competition is so uneven. Having said that, MS is picked to win the OVC so that game, particularly since it was the first, is probably more indicative of IU being a good team than Illinois playing Monmouth being indicative of Illinois being really good. Now they may be good, but a win over Monmouth doesn't really mean much at this point.

Reactions: kmathum
Is it me or does Underwood look like Brian Kelly also seems like a huge ego asshole. God I hate Illinois.

Is it me or does Underwood look like Brian Kelly also seems like a huge ego asshole. God I hate Illinois.
Hate Illinois all you wish, but I think it’s hard to hate Underwood if you see him interviewed a couple of times; he’s just a regular guy, haha. Players and TV people like him, FWIW. He certainly gives off a more intense vibe on the court, which I’ve always found funny.

Hate Illinois all you wish, but I think it’s hard to hate Underwood if you see him interviewed a couple of times; he’s just a regular guy, haha. Players and TV people like him, FWIW. He certainly gives off a more intense vibe on the court, which I’ve always found funny.
Why does he have so many players transfer out if he’s so loved?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Does he more than your average coach…? Lol. Doesn’t seem that way.

As for the next bozo, hate away!
Absolutely. He was left with 3 returning players this year.

Most people hate him because of how much Illinois fans overhype him. Never been to the Sweet 16 in his coaching career.

Absolutely. He was left with 3 returning players this year.

Most people hate him because of how much Illinois fans overhype him. Never been to the Sweet 16 in his coaching career.
He lost his top 2 assistants the year before.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT