ADVERTISEMENT

New Yorkers Lining Up for Trump

"sees a certain set of the electorate."

Given that the jokes in question were about blacks and Hispanics, I just figured that's who you were talking about. Were you not talking about those sets of the electorate?
Ah. I see what you are getting at. Apologies...what I'm meaning to talk about isn't race. It's "people like us" and "people not like us". "Those people" are trash from a trash island. Puerto Rican isn't a race. Calling people from Kentucky "dumb rednecks" doesn't make someone racist, but it does likely mean that people from Kentucky may not be favorably disposed to them at first blush.

Heh. Yeah...it would be kind of weird if he said "No, the set of the electorate I was referring to, about how Trump's voters view them, was closeted gay low-wage workers without a college degree in the rural south! Why would you think I meant race?"
Sorry...was busy trying to reply to you in good faith, but see that you've moved on to snark. Enjoy.

The Progressive Puritans are out in full force today. I applaud the left for trying to get 0% of the male vote.
I'd say the opposite is true. When you're already down double digits among women and women are early voting at 13% more than men already, you might want to try and figure out a way to cut into the gender gap not exacerbate it. Women already vote in greater numbers than men, and will likely continue to do so up until and thru election day. None of that bodes well for Trump...

Sorry...was busy trying to reply to you in good faith, but see that you've moved on to snark. Enjoy.
Well, race is the entire context of the thread, hoos. It's not like it's something that just get injected in the last few posts out of nowhere.

Also, it wasn't just Puerto Ricans (who, after all, are Hispanics) that the comedian was hitting. He also hit on blacks with the watermelon thing.

Nobody else discussing the thread was talking about anything other than the racial component of the story.

I think Kamala win in PA is baked in. The MSG rally has no affect.

Edit.

So you're saying she's going to win? Because while I feel pretty good about PA I feel great about both MI and WI. And I'm starting to feel pretty good about GA, and have always been bullish on NC.

This clip just gets right to the point I'm making. Here he is making jokes about suicide, Jews being money-grubbers, etc....and nobody cared.

I just find this very interesting in a social sense. Why are we conditioned for one kind of reaction to a stimulus in venue A, but a different kind of reaction to the same stimulus in venue B?
It's election season and everyone wants to control the narrative. Democrats are struggling and grasping at straws.

It's election season and everyone wants to control the narrative. Democrats are struggling and grasping at straws.
The point is...

How-to-stack-square-hay-bales.webp

Well, race is the entire context of the thread, hoos. It's not like it's something that just get injected in the last few posts out of nowhere.

Also, it wasn't just Puerto Ricans (who, after all, are Hispanics) that the comedian was hitting. He also hit on blacks with the watermelon thing.

Nobody else discussing the thread was talking about anything other than the racial component of the story.
Cool story. The thread has been about a lot of things. It started as a chest thump about Trump's kick ass MSG event. I tried to explain what I was talking about and you were responding to me, so that's who I thought you were engaging with.

All good. Continue on with your thoughts on race since you don't seem inclined to engage with mine.

All of this hype that Trump is winning is set up to claim the election was stolen after he loses. It's the same playbook as 2022 only on a much larger scale., Dump a bunch of polls to manipulate the margins, and play into the MAGA belief that if Trump doesn't win the other side cheated...It's a key part of Trump's strategy- the renewal of "stop the steal"...

But he already tried that and failed miserably...all while still in office. Why again but under the present circumstances? Seems like he'd have a lesser chance this time around....am i missing something?

But he already tried that and failed miserably...all while still in office. Why again but under the present circumstances? Seems like he'd have a lesser chance this time around....am i missing something?

Instead of attacking the Capitol, he's going to sic his footsoldiers on local and state election boards and officials. He's already gone after Jocelyn Benson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT