ADVERTISEMENT

New Safeties coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget, he was DC at LSU - loaded with talent - and got fired in the middle of the season. The only respect he had was due to being a Mallory. I trust coach Cutcliffe's evaluation of coach Guerreri.
He got fired in the middle of the season at LSU? And he was co-DC at IU.

I made this point after Deland McCullough left our Coaching Staff last Year for Notre Dame. I have a real problem with a guy Who signed a contract somewhere worked for a Month took his check, and then leaves for another program. Yes, I'm sure Tulsa gave us permission to talk to Him. Maybe He had a falling out with Wilson. Or maybe, Wilson and other Coaches don't want a potentially disgruntled Employee on their Staff.

If I were forming a Coaching Staff, I wouldn't consider this guy based on the History. I don't want to be left high and dry scrambling to find another Coach. Maybe we need to put Buyout Penalties in Contracts for Assistant Coaches. Better yet, don't have written contracts for Assistant Coaches, Treat them as "Employees at Will" so We can fire them at anytime without penalty. In any event, the conduct here strikes Me as Unprofessional.
It is pretty clear why he left Tulsa for IU. Iu is in the BIG and Tulsa is not. Plus I am pretty sure it is a bump in pay.

He was named the DC for Tulsa on Jan 6th, and he leaves them for us, to be the safeties and co-dc here. People predicting he had a falling out with Wilson? I mean, anything is possible, but that just doesn't make sense. Wilson was impressed with him at OSU enough to hire him. And he took the job already knowing how Wilson is, coaching with him. But a month after that, they have a falling out? Yes, perhaps he acts a little differently being a HC but can't be that different. I'm interested seeing what Tulsa says about it all.

He was named the DC for Tulsa on Jan 6th, and he leaves them for us, to be the safeties and co-dc here. People predicting he had a falling out with Wilson? I mean, anything is possible, but that just doesn't make sense. Wilson was impressed with him at OSU enough to hire him. And he took the job already knowing how Wilson is, coaching with him. But a month after that, they have a falling out? Yes, perhaps he acts a little differently being a HC but can't be that different. I'm interested seeing what Tulsa says about it all.
Hard to decline a position coach and co-DC title at a BT school, even though the latter is really a title only thing. Wilson knows how the coaching game works, since he’s been a part of it for three decades.

I'm guessing position coach and being a fake dc is better at P5 school than DC at tulsa?

Or maybe Wilson broke into his office and drank all of his booze.

Tulsa seems to think that CKW has a rolodex full of numbers for coaches, and that they're at his beck and call.

My guess is that Co-DC is a title only deal...
I was dead wrong on that guess...

Glad I was... I like the move back to the 2019 approach and I love the idea that Big Ten offenses will have to deal with a guy they don't yet have a tendency book on...

Our D took a step back last Fall, hopefully this Fall it'll take 3 steps forward...

I was dead wrong on that guess...

Glad I was... I like the move back to the 2019 approach and I love the idea that Big Ten offenses will have to deal with a guy they don't yet have a tendency book on...

Our D took a step back last Fall, hopefully this Fall it'll take 3 steps forward...

You and me both, brother.

I'm shocked he handed it over to Matt and not Wilt.

I am glad coach Allen is handing off the defensive calling but he is taking a risk giving it to coach G based on the relationship he has had with him. I hope it doesn't lead to IU losing coach Wilt but it would surprise me if he leaves do to this decision.

In listening to the Press Conference today....MG handled the question about Wilt better than CTA...CTA is now walking the tight rope when it comes to this type of stuff.
It’s been an ongoing internal frustration and part of the reason why attrition is so high.

Guys quickly leaving for other jobs is not uncommon. Having co-coordinators is extremely common and has been for years. If Wilt is unhappy he can leave. This is big boy football.

Sometimes I feel like IU fans live in a tiny little bubble.

And I’m sure ordfan will go after me for this because I’m assuming he’s still around. God bless IGNORE.

After reading that article I find it hard to believe Cutcliffe let him get away in the 1st place. P5 is a major pull and OSU to Tulsa would be a change even in the FB crazy state of Oklahoma. This co-DC move proves to me Coach Allen is going to be HC only. This will be good for the offense too as Allen will spend more time focusing on what he thinks the offensive direction should be. I think he and Bell become a strong working partnership as I'll bet the offense will more represent the offense Bell has favored prior to IU. Allen said upon hiring Bell that he found his offenses hard to prepare for(or something like that). You can count on 1 thing it won't be ditto to what was offered for most of last year. Change has to occur.
Coach Allen just said that is what he is doing - only HC and working with
coach G.

Reactions: midwolfe and IU73
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT