ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Inge leaves Bama

Although KD has already made a very questionable decision on his OC, I can’t see him making any more hires like that. Dude is way smarter than CTA.
To be fair, I think KD is just looking for a 'yes' man. KD knows Sheridan worked with him under his system and that Sheridan's options are quite limited so getting him in there at what's likely a low-cost effort, works in his favor. It's KD's offense and I would imagine Ryan Grubb, who Seattle hired as their OC, was likely the shadow puppet at UW before. This hire allows KD to spend more $ elsewhere.

To be fair, I think KD is just looking for a 'yes' man. KD knows Sheridan worked with him under his system and that Sheridan's options are quite limited so getting him in there at what's likely a low-cost effort, works in his favor. It's KD's offense and I would imagine Ryan Grubb, who Seattle hired as their OC, was likely the shadow puppet at UW before. This hire allows KD to spend more $ elsewhere.
I don’t think money is a problem at Bama.

I love how you act like Tom Allen isn't good enough to be a high-level DC or something.
To be fair, he has never had a DC job at the level of Penn St. It’s not like CKW hired him from a national power. He was a good man that got hired by a big ten university at the right time. Would he have been hired as a HC otherwise? No. Would he have been hired as a DC at a top program?His track record as a DC would not make him a sure fire hire at a top 15-20 program. In fact, if the assumptions that his finger prints were all over the D the last couple of years would than I would lean more towards not likely. Not trying to be a hater or deal in revisionist history, but I am simply acknowledging the context of the situation.

To be fair, he has never had a DC job at the level of Penn St. It’s not like CKW hired him from a national power. He was a good man that got hired by a big ten university at the right time. Would he have been hired as a HC otherwise? No. Would he have been hired as a DC at a top program?His track record as a DC would not make him a sure fire hire at a top 15-20 program. In fact, if the assumptions that his finger prints were all over the D the last couple of years would than I would lean more towards not likely. Not trying to be a hater or deal in revisionist history, but I am simply acknowledging the context of the situation.

I think it could be easily argued that he was just over his head as a HC. Not sure it is entirely fair to knock him as a DC for his defense taking nose dive while HC.

His resume as a DC is pretty good.

I think it could be easily argued that he was just over his head as a HC. Not sure it is entirely fair to knock him as a DC for his defense taking nose dive while HC.

His resume as a DC is pretty good.
The general sentiment when Allen was given the HC job at IU seemed to be that if IU didn’t make a move he was gone for a DC job at an upper tier program.

Does the last 7 years help or hurt the resume is a fair question, but PSU answered that. It only takes one offer if it’s the right one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT