ADVERTISEMENT

This guy might be the sleeper of the group:

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
Interesting that Coach C didn't bring any JMU DBs or DB assistant coaches with him. He's obviously looking to upgrade that area so additional DB's might be in order.
The only jmu db worth bringing over would be D’Angelo Ponds and he isn’t in the portal. From a stats perspective none of the jmu DBs in the portal produced well and doubt they would bring value over what we have. Ponds would be a worthwhile get if he ever decides he wants to come.

Interesting that Coach C didn't bring any JMU DBs or DB assistant coaches with him. He's obviously looking to upgrade that area so additional DB's might be in order.
In one of the longer interviews Cig stated he “puts some stress on my corners”
b/c he likes to put a lot of disruptive pressure up front. I took that to mean he needs guys who can defend one on one on the back end.

In one of the longer interviews Cig stated he “puts some stress on my corners”
b/c he likes to put a lot of disruptive pressure up front. I took that to mean he needs guys who can defend one on one on the back end.

That sounds better than having a bunch of CBs who look good but mostly just watch WRs catch the ball in front of them or run right past them.

I noticed Cignetti is following Wesley Walker on X/Twitter who started safety at Tennessee and was the highest graded safety returning in the Sec per a stat line I saw posted. Does anyone know if we have a chance? Doesn’t look like he has committed anywhere yet. 👀

We needed another Safety desperately...
We could have the Sun Belt All Conference team on the roster!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT