ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals?

Yes, I get that. And I don't disagree. I'm simply pointing out that 75% of the guys LeBron is schooling are probably on something, too. But whenever we (people generally) have this conversation, we tend to pick and choose a small handful of people to attack, instead of having that broader discussion. For years, there were just a small number of voices in baseball, crying out in the wilderness like John the Baptist, and when the evidence started to build, most people tried to contain it to a small number of sluggers. Even when baseball came to grips with the fact that everyone was doing it, it did so relatively quietly. I loved watching the Sosa-McGwire duel, and it's easy to point to them as the Bad Apples, but the Cubs and Cards probably each had a dozen other guys on the team doing the same things, at least.

Oh no doubt others use it, and though I don't agree with toast that everyone does, (with the
exception of the NFL) I wouldnt be surprised.. football players start using it in HS but they're not the brightest bulbs in the world. I'm thinking basketball it starts later. After age and injuries. Too much money not to.

And, I know why people don't want to discuss it. They don't want it to be true. It's a foundation thought, many beliefs are built on top of sports. If everyone cheats then no sport or athlete has any integrity and it's all a scam. Look at OS and the Pats. Cognitive dissonance.

but I don't think pointing out his gargantuan head is attacking him, but more so a bit of truth in all the hype and lies. And again, I hate all pro athletes and pro sports equally. Except Steph Curry. lol ..

Oh no doubt others use it, and though I don't agree with toast that everyone does, (with the
exception of the NFL) I wouldnt be surprised.. football players start using it in HS but they're not the brightest bulbs in the world. I'm thinking basketball it starts later. After age and injuries. Too much money not to.

And, I know why people don't want to discuss it. They don't want it to be true. It's a foundation thought, many beliefs are built on top of sports. If everyone cheats then no sport or athlete has any integrity and it's all a scam. Look at OS and the Pats. Cognitive dissonance.

but I don't think pointing out his gargantuan head is attacking him, but more so a bit of truth in all the hype and lies. And again, I hate all pro athletes and pro sports equally. Except Steph Curry. lol ..

The bright guys use it. If they don't use it they can't compete. This is the reality in everything from olympic track to canoe and kayak.

The bright guys use it. If they don't use it they can't compete. This is the reality in everything from olympic track to canoe and kayak.

I get that .. but ... how many "bright" guys in the NFL. 3? lol

I get that .. but ... how many "bright" guys in the NFL. 3? lol
Actually, you'd be surprised. There are quite a few guys in the NFL who are very smart, but they are usually linemen. The positions who tend to be in the public eye are the ones most populated with idiots.

Of course, by "very smart," I mean, "as smart as you can be while still thinking playing human bumper cars for a living is a good idea."

Actually, you'd be surprised. There are quite a few guys in the NFL who are very smart, but they are usually linemen. The positions who tend to be in the public eye are the ones most populated with idiots.

Of course, by "very smart," I mean, "as smart as you can be while still thinking playing human bumper cars for a living is a good idea."
Of course there's been and are exceptions, but a majority of the league is filled with clinical retards. No offense meant to anyone, as I meant that in a literal way. lol ..

I can't think of an activity that has more. Not one. Baseball players tend to be far smarter, basketball, hockey, even Nascar. Hell I bet most special olympics participants could give NFL players a battle...

Wait I got it ... cheerleaders.

To change directions slightly, you mentioned high school. I can tell you, if I were in charge of a school, the first thing I would do would be to get rid of all organized athletics. Intramurals only. When I was at Northrop, one of the photography teachers was laid off the same year they built a new weight room for the football team. That's absolutely inexcusable.

To change directions slightly, you mentioned high school. I can tell you, if I were in charge of a school, the first thing I would do would be to get rid of all organized athletics. Intramurals only. When I was at Northrop, one of the photography teachers was laid off the same year they built a new weight room for the football team. That's absolutely inexcusable.
Football is the single largest expenditure that a HS has (except for salary) and very few make a profit from it. They've cut music programs, they've cut art programs. Art is humanity's gift to humanity. Football is entertainment for drunks. Our priorities in education are f'd with a capital F. Art brings out the best in us, sports brings out the worst.

I agree with you. I would cut every HS sports program and make them intramural, and, make the parents pay for all equipment and insurance etc etc .. or make athletics an outside of school club activity. which would probably be better. Gym class would also change. It would be about health and fitness, not games. I would run all the fatties to death or health.

Last edited:

Yeah, what this fat@ss country needs is less sports and more instagram pictures... sheesh

Art can be intramural just as easy as sports. I support both being in schools, though. I enjoy both. And yes, I'm serious about the obesity. It's an issue.

Football is a good game. It teaches teamwork and discipline as well as any sport. I agree with your comments about the dummies playing it, but a school can fix that by strictly enforcing their academic standards. Your average Stanford football player is probably smarter than your average OTFer. Your average B1G player likely needs an "R" and "L" stenciled on the proper shoe.

Art can be intramural just as easy as sports. I support both being in schools, though. I enjoy both. And yes, I'm serious about the obesity. It's an issue.

Football is a good game. It teaches teamwork and discipline as well as any sport. I agree with your comments about the dummies playing it, but a school can fix that by strictly enforcing their academic standards. Your average Stanford football player is probably smarter than your average OTFer. Your average B1G player likely needs an "R" and "L" stenciled on the proper shoe.
Sports isn't the answer. the un-healthy don't play sports. In fact they're embarrassed when they have to. Learning proper diet is probably the most important. I'd have no problem with schools making more activities non school as long as football and other sports are one of them.

I didn't say I'd have less sports. I said I'd disorganize them. I still want kids to play sports, I just don't want it to be the most important thing they do. Instead of playing in a state football tournament, they could take part in an annual student vs. faculty soccer game. Or something. And I'd still have gym class. But schools shouldn't be anchored by athletics programs as they often are now.

Gym class shouldn't be games .. or sports. It shoudl be health and fitness...

I would make it like this .. nsfse...

Sports isn't the answer. the un-healthy don't play sports. In fact they're embarrassed when they have to. Learning proper diet is probably the most important. I'd have no problem with schools making more activities non school as long as football and other sports are one of them.

I would do away with football completely because it's dangerous. The long-term health effects are obvious. As far as intramurals and teams... I would fully fund and support a chess team. (Maybe debate and other academic teams too) Otherwise I would let sport teams fund themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT