ADVERTISEMENT

NBA and NFL Draft idea

RawbM

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
With all of the tanking concerns, why not dictate draft order according to your winning percentage (worst to first) over the last three years with the stipulation you can't have the number 1 pick two years in a row.

Would effectively help the worst teams, while curbing tanking. Wouldn't have been great for the Colts, though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

With the NBA's east vs west imbalance I wonder if they could

change to a promotion and relegation system like in premier league soccer. So maybe there's two divisions without regard to location and the bottom tier of division 1 could be relegated to division 2 and vice versa. I think it could make the regular season much more interesting and do away with crappy teams in the east making the playoffs over better teams in the west not getting in.

I'm not sure now this would affect the draft, but maybe it would provide teams with more incentive to get out of division 2?

I just don't see the problem in it...

At the professional level, these aren't just personnel decisions, they're financial decisions. Teams can lose the fan base quickly because the players don't tank games. Fans aren't going to support an inferior product more than a year or two.

I think they shouldn't weight the NBA draft as much and not guarantee the worst team no worse than fourth.

other than the NBAs draft lottery which is screwy, I'd leave it alone

If a team tanks and wants to lose revenue and endorsements and fans, so be it. Not a very wise decision money wise, but whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT