ADVERTISEMENT

Natural Immunity Science

Are the tests for prior infection/natural immunity cost-prohibitive for the public at large? I ask because this is not something that I have ever seen discussed on this forum and by the MSM.
I previously asked my primary care and RA doctors for an anti-body test and they said "insurance won't pay"

But the website for Lab Corp says there is a $6.00 "order" charge and they'll bill insurance of government services. The cost is allegedly $42.13 if it isn't covered.

antibody-test

I see my doc in a week and I'm gonna demand one. I'm immunocompromised and need to know if I'm already anti-bodied up and if Omicron is gonna kill me.

I expect to be told - again - "we just don't have enough data - see the co-pay lady on your way out"

I'm sick of that cop out so I'll report back.

Studies show that if you want someone who sounds smart, get a British accent.
benny_hill.jpg

All in all after all that reading, checking for antibodies seems reasonable to me, for you.

Doesn’t mean you got them from the vaccine or from a prior infection.

I expect the concentration will suggest a relative risk to your attending Physician … you will prefer a quantitative test, I presume. Relative risk would be a good question to ask, I think. There will be a more certain answer for Delta than Omicron … ask about both.

As an immuno-evasive variant, Omicron could take hold regardless.

I’m hoping Omicron burns out soon. Then perhaps we can all stop worrying.

I previously asked my primary care and RA doctors for an anti-body test and they said "insurance won't pay"

But the website for Lab Corp says there is a $6.00 "order" charge and they'll bill insurance of government services. The cost is allegedly $42.13 if it isn't covered.

antibody-test

I see my doc in a week and I'm gonna demand one. I'm immunocompromised and need to know if I'm already anti-bodied up and if Omicron is gonna kill me.

I expect to be told - again - "we just don't have enough data - see the co-pay lady on your way out"

I'm sick of that cop out so I'll report back.
You’re a freaking lawyer, sue his britches.

Here is some more Covid science for the deniers to ignore

I understand you want to know if you have some natural immunity, but that aside, this gentleman talks about the mucosal aspects of the immune system near the beginning. Nitric oxide turns out to be extremely important for all sorts of functions in the body including respiratory effectiveness and arterial elasticity. Interestingly, something anyone can do any time is to hum to increase the production of nitric oxide in the nasal passages. Yes, hum.

This is not about Covid but check out this abstract on humming.

More specifically research on the topic of humming, nitric oxide, and covid, here is one link.

Another fascinating aspect of the respiratory system that is little known is that people with respiratory problems tend to breathe too much, causing their oxygen carbon dioxide balance to be to oxygen heavy, which in turn makes their respiratory function worse. You can actually hear that in this fine gentleman as he talks. He has some sort of respiratory malfunction or at least non-optimum performance.

In any case, the genius to figure this out is a deceased Russian named Buteyko. I’ve got One of the Buteyko books and it’s very helpful stuff. I highly recommend it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT