ADVERTISEMENT

NASDAQ in 2023: +40%, S&P500: +22%, Dow: +11.5% Wow! updated Dec 13

The reviews are really good...

this is truly awful, as bad as any of them really. a bitter, cheap, and metallic beer with more malt color than most hazy types have, a thin texture, and a general grossness about the ferment that really turns me off. it tastes like the can when its cold, and thats at its best. after that it gets hoppy but without any personality from the hops, like i could never guess a varietal its so generic, but its bitter and kind of oily, green and sharp, and it stays on my palate way too long. none of the dry hop fruitiness is here, none of the other volatiles, its lightly piney, even gin-like for a flash, but its really rough. apparently its made with citra and mosaic and ella, which seems neat, tip of the cap for putting the ella in here, but i wish i could smell and taste it through the overly intense alpha acid and the plastic tasting ale yeast thats all through it. malty and heavy without being sweet, not really that hazy, and an apple cider kind of note at the end. it still tastes like beer, as in its not undrinkably bad, and it still has grain and yeast and hops to appreciate, even if poorly assembled. beer to me is like pizza, it takes similar effort to make a good one and a bad one, so why do bad ones exist at all? glad i have family and friends to drink through the rest of the six pack, not sure ill reach for another can of this. you cant beat the price, but the beer is barely worth it...

This doesn’t strike me as a hazy IPA or even a modern IPA. It reminds me of a home brewed IPA from the early 2010s or late 2000s when the style was rapidly evolving.

Where as most modern IPAs will have a pretty subtle malt profile this one goes heavy with the caramel / roasted malts that were super popular in almost all homebrew recipes back then. Does it highlight the hops? Does it add anything to the beer? Not really! It actually gets in the way and adds layers of sweetness and dark fruit.

The hops are also very subdued compared to modern standards that can jump out of the glass. Hops in this beer are present and certainly not well balanced, verging a bit into pithy citrus. Definitely some bitterness in here as well but not out of line and some nice notes of ripe grapefruit come out.

Compared to any other modern hazy IPA this will certainly rank as the worst, it’s a very poor example of the style but you know what, it’s not that bad and it’s kind of fun to revisit a beer that seems like the recipe was pulled off an old Internet homebrew forum. It’s a very rough beer but I think if you approach this with an open mind you can find some enjoyment from this beer. At a little over $1/can I would consider buying it again but certainly not a beer I would enjoy drinking every day.
Good to see another BAer here.

Thanks Joe! But the gov shutdown looms, so the Gaetz crowd is about to spoil the fun.

Full disclosure: Dow is only up 3% for 2023 YTD. edit: not any more!

So I hope y'all have been tech-invested.
They ain't nothin' until the money is spent.

You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealing's done.

I haven’t had Taco Bell in 20 years. Or Burger King. McDonald’s. Wendy’s.
You remain a bundle of confounding facts- a young son but no Taco Bell in 20 years seem incongruent- I’m ever more glad my youngest is age 21! Ever more grateful indeed!!

Reactions: mcmurtry66
How many of you are ahead of where you were when Biden took office? I used the end of January of 2021 as starting point (I have a statement for the end of Jan) and we are about 2% above what we were then. This is using my wife's 2 accounts that I know has not been touched (no money in or out). I know that I'm down in my accounts but I've taken money out and it's too hard to determine (or I am just too lazy :) ).
I would suggest you re-examine your choice of investment advisors. That is a horrible return for that time period. Even a very conservative portfolio should have done way better.

Reactions: Indyhorn
It's really hard to figure what my overall rate of return is because they manage one of my wife's account and a couple of my accounts and I've taken money out of mine and it would be difficult to go back and figure all of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT