ADVERTISEMENT

NASDAQ in 2023: +40%, S&P500: +22%, Dow: +11.5% Wow! updated Dec 13

Johnnie’s for you JDB when you’re visiting.

My daughter likes the beef, but loves the Italian Ice. I told her they also sell that shit at any grocery store, but she swears its better from Johnnies!

Blaphemous statement of the day: I don't like my beef dipped unless I am eating it right away. Even driving a mile back to the in-laws, the bread is inedible! It's like it just disappears.

Man vs Food

I ate at a few places the OG (Adam Richman, not that loser Casey) did challenges at. Most of them were mediocre, but one (forget the name) had a really good deli sandwhich. I got the huge one and my wife and I ate 1/4 of it combined. That dude finished it.

My daughter likes the beef, but loves the Italian Ice. I told her they also sell that shit at any grocery store, but she swears its better from Johnnies!

Blaphemous statement of the day: I don't like my beef dipped unless I am eating it right away. Even driving a mile back to the in-laws, the bread is inedible! It's like it just disappears.
Well that’s why you must eat it there in your car.

Congrats on benchmarking yourself to one of the worst beers ever made. Sam Adams and Boston Beer deserve to fall into Boston Harbor.

I'd rather drink tea than that shit.

Also, tell TJ's to get more consistency with their fruit.
Boston Lager is great for its style. The Amber Lager. Its just that style is really sort of boring. Boston Lager, Yuengling Lager, Mich Amber. Boring beers. Great for cooking though.

So you weren’t trumpeting Hillary’s leads?

Also the first one is opinions on the subject economy, which are directly in opposition to outside shitter.
I don't know any poster with "shitter" in their name.

As to my comments, I remarked about the market rally, not about the overall economy. I posted FACTS.

Since butchering posters screenames in profane ways seems to be allowed, I guess you have no issues with us referring to you as "JamieShitballs" right?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You two need to go outside and play some tetherball or something.
Toee.gif

Fun fact. In Philadelphia Italian ice is called water ice. Or since it’s Philly, wooder ice. I always thought that was odd.

Last edited:
So you weren’t trumpeting Hillary’s leads?

Also the first one is opinions on the subject economy, which are directly in opposition to outside shitter.
Nope, I sure wasn’t. Go back and check. I’m always a worst case scenario…

$13.67 here for a cheeseburger, $7.31 for fries. Although I looked it up on DoorDash. I've never used it--do they mark up all the prices?

They must. Cost for cheeseburger in Chicago is $11.59

In the Fort, a cheeseburger at 5 guys is $9.19 and fries are $4.39, so I'm fairly certain it depends on the market on lives in.

Door dash, and any other food delivery service, has crazy service fees and upcharges. Here's an article that's a year old, but still relevant I think.

It’s not just that, unless it’s changed, the DJIA is a price-weighted index… which makes literally zero sense. S&P is a market cap weighted index, while imperfect, a helluva lot more logical than price.
There have been times when the DJIA actually had fewer than 30.

They delisted one of their members a few years ago due to some mind of scandal (can't remember who) but couldn't find a suitable replacement for a few months. So, the DJIA had 29 members for a while.

Edit to add: Heard on the radio today that mortgage rates are way down now. Anyone know the details?

Fries are damn good, though. Greasy, sure. Adds flavor.
Yup, just about to post that myself. FG burgers are OK, but their fries are fantastic.

We used to have a B Spot burgers here in Columbus OH. Definitely one of the better burgers I've had recently.

Unfortunately it closed down and nearest one is now in Strongsville.

I don't know any poster with "shitter" in their name.

As to my comments, I remarked about the market rally, not about the overall economy. I posted FACTS.

Since butchering posters screenames in profane ways seems to be allowed, I guess you have no issues with us referring to you as "JamieShitballs" right?

The guy that was pushing for prolonged lockdowns and relockdowns is now getting excited about economic growth?

You think I care about a name? Why are you so sensitive?

Yup, just about to post that myself. FG burgers are OK, but their fries are fantastic.

We used to have a B Spot burgers here in Columbus OH. Definitely one of the better burgers I've had recently.

Unfortunately it closed down and nearest one is now in Strongsville.
Only place I've been to in Columbus, OH is Germantown. Some good restaurants, but that was a LONG time ago.

How many of you are ahead of where you were when Biden took office? I used the end of January of 2021 as starting point (I have a statement for the end of Jan) and we are about 2% above what we were then. This is using my wife's 2 accounts that I know has not been touched (no money in or out). I know that I'm down in my accounts but I've taken money out and it's too hard to determine (or I am just too lazy :) ).

How many of you are ahead of where you were when Biden took office? I used the end of January of 2021 as starting point (I have a statement for the end of Jan) and we are about 2% above what we were then. This is using my wife's 2 accounts that I know has not been touched (no money in or out).

Roughly the same here. Peaked in Jan 22 for me.

I'll

up 5.46%

Just this week I passed my previous high from late Dec 2021.

2021 was good and 2023 has been great
That's not up. You haven't even come close to keeping up with inflation from '21, let alone '22 and YTD in '23.

Edit-unless you're saying that's inflation adjusted.

Last edited:
I'll

up 5.46%

Just this week I passed my previous high from late Dec 2021.

2021 was good and 2023 has been great
That's not bad. My wife's accounts are not managed by us because she simply is not interested in doing it. We're also probably older than a lot on here so probably a little more conservative investment wise.

BTW, did you know that Fidelity now has a way to invest in cryptocurrencies?

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT