ADVERTISEMENT

NASDAQ in 2023: +40%, S&P500: +22%, Dow: +11.5% Wow! updated Dec 13

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
Thanks Joe! But the gov shutdown looms, so the Gaetz crowd is about to spoil the fun.

Full disclosure: Dow is only up 3% for 2023 YTD. edit: not any more!

So I hope y'all have been tech-invested.

Last edited:
Thanks Joe! But the gov shutdown looms, so the Gaetz crowd is about to spoil the fun.

Full disclosure: Dow is only up 3% for 2023 YTD.

What was it in 2022, Warren?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
3 year figures:

Nadsdaq: +15.2%
S&P500: +22.1%
Dow: +15.7%

2021 & 2023 have been good enough to make up for 2022 and the world economic issues from COVID-45.

• Sad
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

You mean the worst performing sector in 2022 (and in recent history) bounced back more than others? Some scientist you are.

S&P up 22.11% year-to-date
Nasdaq up 40.09% year-to-date

Smokin!

Baby got a new pair of retirement shoes!

Might need to edit the thread title!

Bitcoin is down 34% since Nov 12th, 2021.

Lots of volatility in bitcoin. Better off investing in Pokemon cards. Or Payton Sparks hitting free throws.
I like baseball cards. Also, @JamieDimonsBalls here is your best reason for buying Bitcoin. Taking the inverse of Outside shooter gives you a 100% chance of being correct. Bitcoin to the moon.

How much did all the government cheese that's been pumped into the economy affect these gains?

I've never forgotten that the DJIA is only 30 large cap stocks. The S&P 500 is more representative.

I've never forgotten that the DJIA is only 30 large cap stocks. The S&P 500 is more representative.

It’s not just that, unless it’s changed, the DJIA is a price-weighted index… which makes literally zero sense. S&P is a market cap weighted index, while imperfect, a helluva lot more logical than price.

Five guys SMALL burger, fries and drink $20

Sadly I don’t think prices on many things will ever come down. Will just have to wait for wages to eventually catch up

Per NPR today, wage gains have outpaced inflation for seven straight months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT