ADVERTISEMENT

N Y Times: Deflating Deflategate, the evidence & methodology of the Wells report is deeply flawed

lol as pathetic as it is, this thread is classic.

I guy who has spent a lot of time prving his scientific prowess wants to suck Tom Brady's dick so much he spends hours, days, months defending him just for the chance he will be able to receive the Brady seed.

There's no way a grwon person would actually go through this just for a football team, right.

It has to be the yearning for Brady cock. Normal adults don't care enough about pro sports to spend this much time on it.

Or maybe the US is really on a serious decline that I didn't see coming.

Please tell me that OS is just a closet mo with Brady as his obsession. Anything else is just disturbing.

7d544f338cba67e3bb1473aba93f1054.jpg

It has to be the yearning for Brady.

I respect the falsely accused, but Tom Brady is not one of my favorite players, or even close to it.

I'd be agitated if Andrew Luck were falsely accused. He's not a favorite of mine either.

I'm curious if the Pats have started a site for others trying to lose weight like the deflater.

I would assume that with the deflater naming himself after a weight los program (weight watchers?) that this would be a great opportunity for them to help the significant obesity problem in the US.

It would be great PR for the Pats, the NFL and the US.

Or it could be that it was a bunch of BS, I will leave it to the scientists.

Lizard People Run Our World’s Governments

Yes, you read that correctly. A segment of our citizenry, larger than the entire population of Ohio, believes that “shape-shifting reptilian people control our world by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate our societies.” An additional seven percent of the population thinks the theory has some merit, but hasn’t made up their minds one way or another.

I’ll allow you a moment to process this information.

For those skeptics out there, there’s plenty of proof abound online. Just this week, more evidence surfaced that suggests Justin Bieber is actually a shape-shifting lizard himself. Actually, it would explain a lot if he were.

I just figured it out. TOM BRADY IS A LIZARD!

A remarkable thing about Tom Brady, relative to other contemporary Hall of Fame quarterbacks with long careers such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Brett Favre, is that his road performance is virtually the same as is his home performance:

TB at home: completion percentage 63.6%, passer rating 97.0, yards per game 248
TB on the road: completion percentage 63.4%, passer rating 94.7, yards per game 262, domed stadiums passer rating: 108.9
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/#advanced

Manning at home: completion percentage 66.1%, passer rating 101.1, yards per game 273
Manning on the road: completion percentage 64.9%, passer rating 94.0, yards per game 272
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/splits//

Brees at home: completion percentage 67.1%, passer rating 99.8, yards per game 283
Brees on the road: completion percentage 65.3%, passer rating 91.1, yards per game 266
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00/splits//

Favre at home: completion percentage 62.1%, passer rating 88.3, yards per game 235
Favre on the road: completion percentage 61.8%, passer rating 83.9, yards per game 240
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00/splits//

As always, I have full support, including links, to back every single statement that I make. If I ever forget to provide such support, please ask

Take for example the AEI statistical analysis of the football inflation data that is the subject of this thread

The AEI report was authored by the economic advisor to the US Treasury during the Clinton and Bush administrations, Dr, Kevin Hassert.

AEI took into account that there were two gauges and that Walt Anderson remembered using the high-reading “logo gauge” in checking the Patriots footballs during pregame

If Anderson’s memory is correct, the odds are 1 in 300 that Wells’ conclusion is correct and that the Patriots footballs were deflated by someone (0.33%).

If Anderson’s memory is correct, the odds are 299 in 300 that Wells’ conclusion is incorrect and nobody deflated the footballs (99.67%).

Even if you assume (for no stated reason) that Anderson's memory is faulty and the non-logo gauge was what he used, the pressure of the Patriots footballs is still NOT different, in terms of statistical significance, from where it should be. The odds that nobody deflated the footballs by even the least reasonably perceptible amount, 1 standard deviation (0.4 psi) is at minimum 67%.

Link for you to verify: https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf see pages 8 and 10-11.
I'm not sure any of those variances are statistically significant, and, at any rate, they're pretty irrelevant, when you consider the rule change is 9 years old. More informative would be to look at Brady from 2001-2005:
Home: 60.7%, 209 TPG, 91.0 Rtg
Road: 63.1%, 248 YPG, 86.2 Rtg
With more completions, yards and touchdowns on the road, the big difference is interceptions: 18 at home compared to 48 on the road. Since 2006, he has thrown 35 at home and 42 on the road. His INT/G ratio at home went from .45 to .54 between the two time periods. On the road, it dropped from a staggering 1.23 to .65.

Now, did he magically stop throwing fewer interceptions because he was using his own balls instead of those provided by opposing teams? Maybe. Or maybe the sample size simply isn't big enough to draw that kind of conclusion.

Most importantly however, my stats don't do much to demonstrate whether or not he was cheating. And your stats do exactly nothing. My stats do show that, after the rule change, he showed marked improvement in terms of throwing interceptions on the road. But that's it.

If you were to examine other quarterbacks pre- and post-rule change, to see if they enjoyed the same statistical benefit, you might find that Brady enjoyed a smaller, bigger or similar benefit as these other stars. But that doesn't mean he was or wasn't cheating, for two big reasons:
1. There may be benefits to using your own balls, even when not cheating (which is why Brady and Manning lobbied for the rule change)
2. Other quarterbacks may have been engaging in the exact same kind of cheating, which would make comparisons between them meaningless.

In other words, your post was a waste of time, and my response to you is only very slightly more useful.

I respect the falsely accused, but Tom Brady is not one of my favorite players, or even close to it.

I'd be agitated if Andrew Luck were falsely accused. He's not a favorite of mine either.
Yeah....I'm sure you would be as fervent with your defense of Andrew Luck as you are with Tommy Ballsack....Something tells me that isn't likely the case.

Kind of like Cheatriot fans don't want to hear that the Cheatriots have now been caught Cheating twice under brady and belicheat? That the owner has decided to bend over and take it because he knows he can't win and that they were caught cheating?

Dammit I was wrong, it's not Brady that's the shape shifting lizard alien. It's Fivehead.

Sports Illustrated disagrees with you...and damn it, they are journalists and have to follow the rules of journalism like Mike Florio.

75f603_SI.jpg
No that makes sense. If Fivehead is a Reptilian shapeshifter working for the Dracos, then The Cheater would be a tall grey. They're enemies, right?

Last edited:
Now, did he magically stop throwing fewer interceptions because he was using his own balls instead of those provided by opposing teams? Maybe. Or maybe the sample size simply isn't big enough to draw that kind of conclusion.

neither

As a veteran QB of 5 years, he finally mastered (with a veteran offensive line) the ability of always playing on the road with a silent snap count while in the shotgun, which became the base offense in 2007.

Road crowd noise is logically one of the biggest, if not the biggest, factor in causing sacks, false starts, and turnovers. The silent count eliminates that factor.

The Patriots revamped and soon mastered a new silent count scheme after a woeful 2005 road game vs. Carolina where they had 6 false start penalties, a critical INT, and 2 forced fumbles (one by Brady on a strip sack)

supporting links:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2005/09/silent_count_in.html
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=250918029

Here's an interesting article of how the Lesbian Wing of the Illuminati have taken over the NFL. It makes a lot of sense.

Seriously guys, I think they're on to something. Think about the Lesbian Illuminati controlling the NFL? I mean, NFL fans in recent years all act like irrational menstruating lesbians. All the fans talk about are about feelings, and drama. It's far closer to TMZ now than any sport. It just makes sense.

I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the progression of elite QB’s seasonal interception rates.

Over time elite QBs generally get better, especially in dealing with hostile road conditions.

Here are some individual charts

(note the y-axis: avoiding INTs has been a TB trademark, moreso than the others)

less elite:

Wow…now that looks interesting. Every one of them has seen a clear downtrend in interception rate from season to season.

Of course…it wouldn’t be a QB breakdown without Eli Manning. Not so elite.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/1/21/5330594/does-interception-rate-persist

I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the progression of elite QB’s seasonal interception rates.

Over time elite QBs generally get better, especially in dealing with hostile road conditions.

Here are some individual charts

(note the y-axis: avoiding INTs has been a TB trademark, moreso than the others)

less elite:

Wow…now that looks interesting. Every one of them has seen a clear downtrend in interception rate from season to season.

Of course…it wouldn’t be a QB breakdown without Eli Manning. Not so elite.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/1/21/5330594/does-interception-rate-persist

Even more interesting ..

8 letters in "Tom Brady".

He's won 3 Superbowls.

His jersey number is 12.

He's playing the Seattle Seahawks in Superbowl 49.

He was pick #199 in the NFL draft.

He won the Rose Bowl in '98.

He played with 11 deflated balls against the Indianapolis Colts.

He legally started drinking at the age of 21.

8 x 3 x 12 = 288
288 + 49 + 199 + 98 + 11 + 21 = 666

He played with ZERO deflated balls against the Indianapolis Colts.
.8 x 3 x 12 = 288
288 + 49 + 199 + 98 + 0 + 21 = 655

Corrected your rant.

support:
Deflategate_infographic_b.jpg

-----------
It is possible that the Colts are guilty of illegally inflating their footballs, though a physical explanation is available.

"The difference between the Patriots pressure drop and the Colts pressure drop, then, is significant, but only because the Colts ball pressure dropped too little rather than because the Patriots ball pressure dropped too much. This can be fully explained by the order in which they were tested. When the Colts balls were sitting in the room, estimated by the Wells report to be between 71 and 74 degrees Fahrenheit, for much of the duration of the 13-minute halftime, their pressure rose (Wells Jr., Karp, and Reisner 2015, XII). The Patriots balls, by contrast, were tested earlier on. Note that this situation is observationally distinguishable from a situation in which the difference in pressure drops can be explained by the Patriots illegally deflating their balls. In such a scenario, you would expect the Patriots balls to measure statistically significantly below the bottom of the range implied by the Ideal Gas Law. You would also expect the Colts ball pressure to not be statistically significantly different from the bottom of the range implied by the Ideal Gas Law. But the Patriots difference is not significant and the Colts difference is significantly above the implication of the Ideal Gas Law"

support: https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf see pages 8-9

So many flaws that the Cheatriots are willing to give up two draft picks and a million dollars because nothing happened...

I'm just curious...are you still citing that op/ed piece from a california based sports anchor as actual fact?

Last edited:
WOW...

"AEI has simply reiterated what many have said regarding the Wells report:

Its flaws are too numerous to support a finding that cheating happened in connection with the AFC title game
....the evidence in turn fails, in the opinion of AEI, PFT, and plenty of others, to satisfy the “more probable than not” standard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...iation-to-kraft-foundation-that-supports-aei/
You would think a world renowned scientist such as yourself would have more important things to do than let pro football totally consume his life...and realize when people are just needling you to get the reaction they want.

A remarkable thing about Tom Brady, relative to other contemporary Hall of Fame quarterbacks with long careers such as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Brett Favre, is that his road performance is virtually the same as is his home performance:

TB at home: completion percentage 63.6%, passer rating 97.0, yards per game 248
TB on the road: completion percentage 63.4%, passer rating 94.7, yards per game 262, domed stadiums passer rating: 108.9
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/#advanced

Manning at home: completion percentage 66.1%, passer rating 101.1, yards per game 273
Manning on the road: completion percentage 64.9%, passer rating 94.0, yards per game 272
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/splits//

Brees at home: completion percentage 67.1%, passer rating 99.8, yards per game 283
Brees on the road: completion percentage 65.3%, passer rating 91.1, yards per game 266
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00/splits//

Favre at home: completion percentage 62.1%, passer rating 88.3, yards per game 235
Favre on the road: completion percentage 61.8%, passer rating 83.9, yards per game 240
Link for you to verify: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00/splits//

As always, I have full support, including links, to back every single statement that I make. If I ever forget to provide such support, please ask

Take for example the AEI statistical analysis of the football inflation data that is the subject of this thread

The AEI report was authored by the economic advisor to the US Treasury during the Clinton and Bush administrations, Dr, Kevin Hassert.

AEI took into account that there were two gauges and that Walt Anderson remembered using the high-reading “logo gauge” in checking the Patriots footballs during pregame

If Anderson’s memory is correct, the odds are 1 in 300 that Wells’ conclusion is correct and that the Patriots footballs were deflated by someone (0.33%).

If Anderson’s memory is correct, the odds are 299 in 300 that Wells’ conclusion is incorrect and nobody deflated the footballs (99.67%).

Even if you assume (for no stated reason) that Anderson's memory is faulty and the non-logo gauge was what he used, the pressure of the Patriots footballs is still NOT different, in terms of statistical significance, from where it should be. The odds that nobody deflated the footballs by even the least reasonably perceptible amount, 1 standard deviation (0.4 psi) is at minimum 67%.

Link for you to verify: https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf see pages 8 and 10-11.
Quick question. Does Brady cheat more on the road or at home?

Corrected your rant.

support:
Deflategate_infographic_b.jpg

-----------
It is possible that the Colts are guilty of illegally inflating their footballs, though a physical explanation is available.

"The difference between the Patriots pressure drop and the Colts pressure drop, then, is significant, but only because the Colts ball pressure dropped too little rather than because the Patriots ball pressure dropped too much. This can be fully explained by the order in which they were tested. When the Colts balls were sitting in the room, estimated by the Wells report to be between 71 and 74 degrees Fahrenheit, for much of the duration of the 13-minute halftime, their pressure rose (Wells Jr., Karp, and Reisner 2015, XII). The Patriots balls, by contrast, were tested earlier on. Note that this situation is observationally distinguishable from a situation in which the difference in pressure drops can be explained by the Patriots illegally deflating their balls. In such a scenario, you would expect the Patriots balls to measure statistically significantly below the bottom of the range implied by the Ideal Gas Law. You would also expect the Colts ball pressure to not be statistically significantly different from the bottom of the range implied by the Ideal Gas Law. But the Patriots difference is not significant and the Colts difference is significantly above the implication of the Ideal Gas Law"

support: https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/On-the-Wells-report.pdf see pages 8-9
No..

Brady was never implicated at all in the filming-from-the-wrong-spot scandal and there is a 99.7% chance that he did nothing wrong here.

I only deal in facts.
Actually, that's clearly wrong. Instead, the truth is that there is a 100% chance Brady and the other Patriots employees (one of whom was fired by the Patriots for "doing nothing wrong" as I recall) obstructed the investigation.

However, it's good to see you finally agree that there is a percentage chance that Brady cheated as to the air pressures too. The percentage is much higher than the .3% you concede (no doubt scientifically calculated since you claim to be a "scientist"), but it appears you are finally opening your eyes to Brady's cheating. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT