ADVERTISEMENT

NFL players' report cards for each franchise look pretty bad

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Many players from Power 5/4 Conferences who are accustomed to opulent surroundings & extensive support must find the NFL offerings a shock:

Take the Cincinnati Bengals (Grade: D+), for example. According to players, “half of the showers in their locker room don’t function properly, lacking either warm water or sufficient water pressure.”

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Grade: C-) were not the only inhabitants of their locker room. Players discovered they were occupying shared facilities.

"The players say the locker room is not clean, constantly smelly and has a persistent bug issue in the showers. They also mention that the sauna is dirty and/or moldy, small and constantly breaking down."

NFL report cards

These are pretty funny to read.

There is plenty to be concerned about in the world. NFL player complaints are not clearing the bar for me.
I think it is funny how different the focus on facilities is in college vs. NFL. Wonder if college facility upgrades will stop as we fully embrace the NIL culture. Money talks, who cares about your locker room if you are getting paid

I think it is funny how different the focus on facilities is in college vs. NFL. Wonder if college facility upgrades will stop as we fully embrace the NIL culture. Money talks, who cares about your locker room if you are getting paid
At some point — how nice can a locker room, common area, weight room, etc. get? The incremental improvement possible is getting pretty small. So yea I’d take more NIL vs a flat screen in my locker. I don’t know…

I also wonder if these NFL complaints are that bad. I suspect this group is accustomed to luxury so they may blow this stuff out of proportion. But hey, squeaky wheel gets the grease, go for it.

Many players from Power 5/4 Conferences who are accustomed to opulent surroundings & extensive support must find the NFL offerings a shock:

Take the Cincinnati Bengals (Grade: D+), for example. According to players, “half of the showers in their locker room don’t function properly, lacking either warm water or sufficient water pressure.”

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Grade: C-) were not the only inhabitants of their locker room. Players discovered they were occupying shared facilities.

NFL report cards
The Tampa Bay players probably wouldn't complain if the cheerleaders were also using the same locker room and showers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
NFL players are on contracts and are drafted. They don't get to choose where they go for the most part and can't just pick up and leave at the end of the season if they don't like their situation (unless they are at the end of their contract).

College players on the other hand are free to choose based on facilities and now get paid while having the freedom to jump ship.

My heart bleeds..But guys bitching making 6 -7 figures..
They all live a life most Americans wish about..
Hire your own trainer...They got the cash .I'm sure the locker room has at lest warm water..
And I'm a player's guy..But tuffn' up !!!

NFL report cards
This is almost hard to believe. There is so much money in the NFL. Goodell makes 40 M a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT