ADVERTISEMENT

My father-in-law passed away about two hours ago. I had known him for

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
about 57 years and he had been my father-in-law since 1976.

He was an outstanding individual and was married to my wife's mother for over 63 years. His family and friends are going to miss him. He was an outstanding singer and was the author of three books.

Reactions: crossfire74

He was an outstanding individual and was married to my wife's mother for over 63 years. His family and friends are going to miss him. He was an outstanding singer and was the author of three books.

Sorry to hear it McNutt.
Sounds like a great life lived long.

don't know what to say.

sounds like he was a great friend and father in law.

when it's that long, you really are family.

embrace those who still surround you.

Im just impressed you left your grieving wife and family with-in 2 hours to post on the AOTF...

don't know what to say.

sounds like he was a great friend and father in law.

when it's that long, you really are family.

embrace those who still surround you.

Thank you very much! He mentored me when I was younger and he definitely was a family member to me.

Im just impressed you left your grieving wife and family with-in 2 hours to post on the AOTF...

There were so many family members at Hospice after his death that there really wasn't room for me. I stayed home with our golden retriever because he had been home all by himself and needed some company. I will be spending a great deal of time with my wife and her family Friday.

the OTF is McNutt's other family.

a compliment that he shares the down times, as he's done before iirc, as well as his good times and triumphs.

Most of the people on peegs have been very supportive of me over the years and I have really appreciated it. They have given me advice when I have requested it and they have comforted me during tough times.

Prayers to your family. Be there for your wife and share memories of a life lived well with family and friends. I lost my mom one week ago and it still doesn't seem real.

Prayers to your family. Be there for your wife and share memories of a life lived well with family and friends. I lost my mom one week ago and it still doesn't seem real.

It'll never seem real, unfortunately. We lost my mom on 2/9 of this year, and 10 months later, it still hurts.

Sorry to hear about your loss McNutt. Losing a family member is never an easy thing to go through.

It'll never seem real, unfortunately. We lost my mom on 2/9 of this year, and 10 months later, it still hurts.

Sorry to hear about your loss McNutt. Losing a family member is never an easy thing to go through.

Yep. I lost my dad in early January this year. First holiday season without him. Tough time of year.

I'm sorry to hear your mother passed away a week ago. Mine did in 2012. I will keep you in prayer, Bud.

Reactions: iubud

I know what you mean. In the past five or so years, I have lost both of my parents plus my wife's father. Getting old is tough.

Reactions: cryano

Very sorry sir. Will pray for you and the family.

Very sorry sir. Will pray for you and the family.

Thank you very much, Ace. We all really miss him at this time, but he is in a better place because he was having a difficult time swallowing. He was a trooper these past five or so years. I couldn't ask for a better father-in-law.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT