ADVERTISEMENT

MSU

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
1. What do we know about Michigan State and how we match up?
2. Anyone have inside info on Rourke? He had two screws placed in the thumb of his throwing hand. Do they stay there forever? Removed after a few weeks?
3. My guess is Jackson plays again. If so, we will again need the D and Run game to help.

Reactions: red hornet
1. What do we know about Michigan State and how we match up?
2. Anyone have inside info on Rourke? He had two screws placed in the thumb of his throwing hand. Do they stay there forever? Removed after a few weeks?
3. My guess is Jackson plays again. If so, we will again need the D and Run game to help.
1. QB is a dynamic athlete. Much more of a run threat than most QBs we've faced thus far. He's struggled, for the most part, throwing the ball. I think our zone oriented defensive approaches should be a pretty good matchup against him/them. Defensively, they're pretty solid, overall. I think the Washington game will have been a great prep for MSU and Michigan. Washington's defense is probably at Michigan's level in terms of talent and physicality.

2. No info other than what has been reported. I would be surprised if he plays. But I'm already surprised its even a discussion. I'm not sure Jackson is a different enough player that we'd be using it as any sort of strategy to throw them off? He isn't enough of a running threat for MSU to game plan a ton differently. So I suspect there is a chance he could play, if they're saying there's a chance. I'll believe it when I see it though.

3. Agreed. I would guess the game will have a similar flow and feel to the Washington game. With a major difference being in East Lansing. More worried about this one than Washington or Nebraska, despite MSU not being as good as either of those teams.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
I think the most likely scenario is that Jackson starts, but Rourke could dress and be available if Jackson needs to come out (*knocks on wood), especially in a late game situation.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT