ADVERTISEMENT

MSU.......

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Although the record was great, there was always something missing from that team. Heart? Chemistry? Too many distractions? Jackson doesn't show up for the game, and they miss their last 15 shots.........that doesn't happen with a team that's completely got its s*** together.

Reactions: IUgradman
Not likely to win missing your last 15 shots. MSU’s youth did them in. Jaren Jackson often looks like a lost Bambi out there. If he goes pro, he’ll join a long line of players who do so who are clearly not ready.

Syracuse is really difficult to prepare for. Weren't they one of the 3 tallest teams this year? Many teams have had problems with them....especially in short preparation. I can't stand him, but there are reasons Jim is a HoF coach.

Although the record was great, there was always something missing from that team. Heart? Chemistry? Too many distractions? Jackson doesn't show up for the game, and they miss their last 15 shots.........that doesn't happen with a team that's completely got its s*** together.
Guard play is the answer but ..

Izzo always does this ..

His most talented teams get beat early, his less talented teams full of role players advance and wreck brackets.

Izzo is so limited tactically, much like Crean, if their main strategy doesn't work, there's no real adjustments.

Seriously. I was just saying that to my buddy as we watched them get upset again. I’m picking Izzo to flame out everytime when he’s got the talent advantage. When he’s the underdog, watch out.

Also, so glad that he’s out cause I think he’s a real POS

Izzo always does this ..

His most talented teams get beat early, his less talented teams full of role players advance and wreck brackets.

Izzo is so limited tactically, much like Crean, if their main strategy doesn't work, there's no real adjustments.
I can’t stand you TMP, But you are right on this one.

Syracuse is really difficult to prepare for. Weren't they one of the 3 tallest teams this year? Many teams have had problems with them....especially in short preparation. I can't stand him, but there are reasons Jim is a HoF coach.
Yeah, Sparty couldn't solve the Syracuse zone any better than we did.

Pass the ball around the outside for 25 seconds, then jack up a desperate three. Set a school record for threes attempted. Really poor shooting doomed them too.

The great Miles Bridges.....

I can’t stand you TMP, But you are right on this one.
You have to make some perimeter shots against that Syracuse zone. That has been a problem for MSU at times this year. Part of the problem is that Bridges is their best wing shooter, but moving him out there takes away from their interior play and offensive rebounding (which is also an important weapon against the zone). This MSU team is not nearly as good in transition as most of Izzo's team. If you aren't making shots you better get scores before they get back because that's a damn good defense.

I've thought all along that this MSU team had some serious flaws and wasn't a deep run team. Syracuse was a bad matchup for MSU. I didn't think MSU did a bad job attacking the zone, but they couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Syracuse struggles to score. Fortunately for them they've played 3 games against teams that were poor perimeter-shooting teams. That won't last

You have to make some perimeter shots against that Syracuse zone. That has been a problem for MSU at times this year. Part of the problem is that Bridges is their best wing shooter, but moving him out there takes away from their interior play and offensive rebounding (which is also an important weapon against the zone). This MSU team is not nearly as good in transition as most of Izzo's team. If you aren't making shots you better get scores before they get back because that's a damn good defense.

I've thought all along that this MSU team had some serious flaws and wasn't a deep run team. Syracuse was a bad matchup for MSU. I didn't think MSU did a bad job attacking the zone, but they couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Syracuse struggles to score. Fortunately for them they've played 3 games against teams that were poor perimeter-shooting teams. That won't last
it would be interesting to see how 'Nova would attack the Syracuse zone if they play

Your school system's email security keeps bouncing my replies to you. Maybe you can check with your administrator tomorrow?

Didn't Michigan State have a guard that could drive the middle and break down Syracuse's defense. I hate it when an offense throws the ball around on the perimeter and eventually settles for a 3-point attempt shortly before the shot clock expires. Whether the opponent is using a man-to-man or zone defense, the way to win is to drive the middle.

Reactions: ufo33 and asindc
Didn't Michigan State have a guard that could drive the middle and break down Syracuse's defense. I hate it when an offense throws the ball around on the perimeter and eventually settles for a 3-point attempt shortly before the shot clock expires. Whether the opponent is using a man-to-man or zone defense, the way to win is to drive the middle.
The defense is allowed to move.

Your school system's email security keeps bouncing my replies to you. Maybe you can check with your administrator tomorrow?
I got the first one from my spam folder and replied to you. I need to go back and change the setting to allow all messages from you. I'll fix it.

Okay. Thanks.
I'm not showing anything new from you since the first message - I'm assuming you got the reply. I don't know why subsequent messages bounced instead of getting trapped in the spam folder.
I don't have the options available from my laptop at home to permit senders that I do from my desktop at work. I will probably have to wait to until I go in to work to change the settings.

The travails of pen pals in the information age...:D

I got the first one from my spam folder and replied to you. I need to go back and change the setting to allow all messages from you. I'll fix it.

Okay. Thanks.

I'm not showing anything new from you since the first message - I'm assuming you got the reply. I don't know why subsequent messages bounced instead of getting trapped in the spam folder.
I don't have the options available from my laptop at home to permit senders that I do from my desktop at work. I will probably have to wait to until I go in to work to change the settings.

Reactions: Block charge large

Izzo always does this ..

I didn't fall for it this year in my brackets... at long last:)

I had to laugh when all of the talking heads were picking Izzo to cut down the nets. Do they seriously not know by now that Izzo had zero chance of getting past Coach K? His pitiful record vs K and Roy shows up on fan message boards fairly regularly, but the "experts" somehow still have no clue. Boeheim got him first this year though, and I didn't see that coming.

March Madness!!

Reactions: T.M.P.

Huge mistake - it's clearly more discriminating/useful than this site's system. Bet their sanitation system works better as well, at least to the extent of not repeatedly letting trash return once its been identified as such and removed.

Seriously. I was just saying that to my buddy as we watched them get upset again. I’m picking Izzo to flame out everytime when he’s got the talent advantage. When he’s the underdog, watch out.

Also, so glad that he’s out cause I think he’s a real POS
Amen brother. We CAN agree on that!!

Fife needs to get away from MSU and Izzo or go down with the ship. MSU has a culture of enabling and cover up of sexual predators in multiple sports. The Nassar situation is worse than the Sandusky meas at Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT