ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Has Evolved…..

NBA Teams would destroy every NCAA team.
NBA players are the best players on the planet.
Having Coach Woodson here at IU as a former NBA player and Head Coach brings a lot to the IU program and gives immediate credibility to players and recruits when he speaks.

Turned off the NBA long ago. The execution of defense in the NBA is a joke. The last entertaining thing to come out of the NBA was when LeBron was appointed as the NBA spokesperson during the civil unrest. Sure, let the most polarizing guy in the league be the person out front. It’s terrible basketball and you know it.
I’m glad you know what I think is terrible.

You even watch the NBA? You obviously didn’t watch woodys teams. He came up with NBA defensive concepts still used today. He’s a damn defensive genius. He’s the best coach we’ve had since Sampson.

You even watch the NBA? You obviously didn’t watch woodys teams. He came up with NBA defensive concepts still used today. He’s a damn defensive genius. He’s the best coach we’ve had since Sampson. 🤦🏻
...I'd say since Bobby...because defense has established residence again in Bloomington...

……and it’s starting to establish an identity of its “program” standards and that is poor defense will simply not be tolerated. That is Woody’s Golden Rule: you play defense. Period.

Was initially highly suspicious of this weird coaching arrangement, this weird trifecta of guys in Fife and Matta and Woodson, who were all 3 former head coaches. Fans confused if it was Matta and Woodson in some kind of co-head coaching roles.
This is not the case at all. Woodson has his stamp and personality all over this program right now. He’s starting to evolve this group
The coaching this year vs the Lil’ Arch era is like night and day. No comparison. Although just a little guy, Lil’ Arch cast this enormous cloud of doom hovering the entire time he was here. Woodson has a team chemistry going now. Feels like a team that likes playing together. The Lil Arch crew played like they were miserable out there.
Was extremely pessimistic on the hire of a guy who inly coached in the NBA. Thought: “Well, IU is up to its old trucks again, this time hiring an alum who’s never coached a game in college his entire career.” Completely wrong on that one too. Woodson pushed some right button with this group. This defense is tenacious and that is simply playing harder that the guy across from you. That’s coaching. This defense makes the “packline” defense look more like the “pack fudge” defense. I don’t even know what this novel alignment was supposed to do but it was a whole lot of crap. This is called playing defense.
Woody got their attention……..oh, and that Galloway kid. He plays like that prototypical Bobby Knight player. All the little things, the hustle plays. Max effort on everything. That kid is like team glue. You keep playing him and he gets things moving. Quickly becoming one of the fan favorites. Like a flashback to those smart players we had under RMK. Damon Bailey, for example Was definitely not the best player on the floor in his starting 5 but……man, the feel he had for the game was phenomenal. He’d be bring the ball up the court under pressure and he had this knack for getting ducked under the defender and then just stopping his forward motion on a dime and let those guys just run over him. Damon to the free throw line. Chris Reynolds - another perfect example. Just a heady, smart guard who had great feel for the game.
Woody is molding this group.
Not really we beat a few bad teams and went back to laying an egg yesterday. We are what we have allways been a 10-10 or 11- 9 bubble yeam.

Turned off the NBA long ago. The execution of defense in the NBA is a joke. The last entertaining thing to come out of the NBA was when LeBron was appointed as the NBA spokesperson during the civil unrest. Sure, let the most polarizing guy in the league be the person out front. It’s terrible basketball and you know it.
Other than being the best basketball on the planet it’s terrible. And then there is the issue of an 82 game season and the playoffs.

I have probably not watched a full NBA game in over 5 years. I probably have not watched more than a few minutes of a game in the last several years and do not miss watching the NBA in the least. Like you said awful defense for sure and all the political stuff yeah no thanks.

Sometimes I watch a Bulls game but most of the time I just watch the game high lights on YouTube. I find it enjoyable but only watch my Bulls.

Did we finish better in conference under large Woody or under little Archie? I tend to see it as a results based game- and tenth place is tenth place. Woody might get the worm turned, but it sure isn’t yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT