ADVERTISEMENT

Imbecilic/piss-ant posters far more embarrassing than the loss

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
All the dolts questioning the hires last Spring - the teeny weinie-wringing bleats likening the loss to a Programmatic and/or personal crisis, their desolate whining in proclamation of abandoning rationality, the vacuous pontification re: the absence of culture, will, grit, intelligence, heart, etc. - and not one qualified to hold Coach Woodson's jock.

IU played its best half of Basketball all Season last night. Better even than vs. St. John's. IU also played it's worst half of the Season last night, worse even than St. John's. The fact remains, they've got it/greatness/great possibility in them. It'd be one thing if their was no prospect of such, but this is entirely something else.

So many wailing as if just having learned they're never going to be able to get it up again. Que juevos. Que triste. Don't know what Team they're on but it ain't this one.

IU will rise again and it'll be this Season. Hell, they already have.

Believe I'll start a long weekend now and decline the benefit of intellectually forlorn and inconsolable repartee. Go IU!

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏 🍏

All the dolts questioning the hires last Spring - the teeny weinie-wringing bleats likening the loss to a Programmatic and/or personal crisis, their desolate whining in proclamation of abandoning rationality, the vacuous pontification re: the absence of culture, will, grit, intelligence, heart, etc. - and not one qualified to hold Coach Woodson's jock.

IU played its best half of Basketball all Season last night. Better even than vs. St. John's. IU also played it's worst half of the Season last night, worse even than St. John's. The fact remains, they've got it/greatness/great possibility in them. It'd be one thing if their was no prospect of such, but this is entirely something else.

So many wailing as if just having learned they're never going to be able to get it up again. Que juevos. Que triste. Don't know what Team they're on but it ain't this one.

Believe I'll start a long weekend now and decline the benefit of intellectually forlorn and inconsolable repartee. Go IU!

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏 🍏
Yeah, how dare anyone criticize what has become a VERY average program. How dare they have an opinion based on what they see on the court. Is this a joke?

Yeah, how dare anyone criticize what has become a VERY average program. How dare they have an opinion based on what they see on the court. Is this a joke?
I heard the same thing through four Archie seasons and even Creans last couple. You people are crazy, give him more time, the sky isn’t falling, etc. We are a very average program or maybe even a little below and why I do not even really get that upset after a loss like last night. We have now become accustomed to making the tourney every now and again. What is it now like 5 years without going to the NCAA.There really is no other blue blood program that has fallen as far as we have during the last 20 years. So it is certainly understandable why people would be upset about becoming so average.

Reactions: go_iu and bsmitty08
Maybe a basketball program in the mud shouldn’t hire a coach who has never coached in College?

Maybe a basketball program in the mud shouldn’t hire a coach who has never coached in College?
Since when did logic make any sense in any IU coaching hire in the last twenty years! They wanted an IU guy plain and simple and that was the route they were going to go after Stevens said no. I do not think any of the proven winners in college bbal even got a look it was Woodson all along after Stevens.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
I heard the same thing through four Archie seasons and even Creans last couple. You people are crazy, give him more time, the sky isn’t falling, etc. We are a very average program or maybe even a little below and why I do not even really get that upset after a loss like last night. We have now become accustomed to making the tourney every now and again. What is it now like 5 years without going to the NCAA.There really is no other blue blood program that has fallen as far as we have during the last 20 years. So it is certainly understandable why people would be upset about becoming so average.
Especially after oh..We got a IU guy now..
Gezz..
If you've been with this program since the 70's ..
You have expectations and standards...
I'm not flipping ..Hell it's the expectation of loseing on the road in almost every conference game..
And we won't hold serve at home this year either...

Gezz..
I'm not flipping ..Hell it's the expectation of loseing on the road in almost every conference game..
I heard for years from radio guys and former players mostly we need an IU guy. So now they have him but despite how giddy they were all were he still has to win period. They made it sound like was the magic missing piece was to get an IU guy so here we are and now he has to win. Its not a feel good story anymore where we all sit around in red sweaters and watch old games from 1981. It is time to compete and win.

And I have been watching IU from 1987 on and I did have expectations and real high ones. But the last few coaches kind of wore me out on that. Hopefully this one will produce..

You are nine games into a new coach for god's sakes. If there are still issues in March we might have a problem but nobody including you or me can make a valid judgement at this point. Feel free though to stamp your feet and go into a frenzy. Ask your partners how frustrating going off prematurely can be.

Since when did logic make any sense in any IU coaching hire in the last twenty years! They wanted an IU guy plain and simple and that was the route they were going to go after Stevens said no. I do not think any of the proven winners in college bbal even got a look it was Woodson all along after Stevens.
Your brain seems to forever run in 'whisper mode' - barely limping along and cluttering the board with inane and melancholy drivel. Not clear why you even bother as there's more insight to be had in scrutinizing scat from small animals.

Whatever IU's track record the last 20 years, the Woodson and Co. hirings were a masterstroke. That you and others would tie yourselves in knots and dispute that reveals far more about your lacks and limitations than those of IU's Atheletic Department. You don't know jack about the process that led to his hiring, so spare us your stupid speculation - it's ignorant and boring.
Gezz..
Have $100 says IU beats Wisconsin in AH this year. Want to dance or are you all mouth?

The "joke" is believing an opinion automatically qualifies it as rational, astute or even worth a listen. Stupid opinions/posters are still stupid. GLWT.

Your brain seems to forever run in 'whisper mode' - barely limping along and cluttering the board with inane and melancholy drivel. Not clear why you even bother as there's more insight to be had in scrutinizing scat from small animals.

Whatever IU's track record the last 20 years, the Woodson and Co. hirings were a masterstroke. That you and others would tie yourselves in knots and dispute that reveals far more about your lacks and limitations than those of IU's Atheletic Department. You don't know jack about the process that led to his hiring, so spare us your stupid speculation - it's ignorant and boring.

Have $100 says IU beats Wisconsin in AH this year. Want to dance or are you all mouth?

The "joke" is believing an opinion automatically qualifies it as rational, astute or even worth a listen. Stupid opinions/posters are still stupid. GLWT.
The Negative Nancy Whine Club members are so sensitive. ;)

Reactions: MrBing

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏 🍏
Some of the posters on here remind me of Knight in the first half of Season On The Brink. " I want to see Indiana play basketball so bad I can f'n taste it'. I'm not a debbie downer, but I get it.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏 🍏

But seriously, I agree with everything you said.

Reactions: Cavanagh and MrBing
The Negative Nancy Whine Club members are so sensitive. ;)
Not sure a term derived from 'sense' is appropriate - have to go with 'fragile'.

For all his lapses in the second half of the game, was strangely encouraged by Xavier's candor afterwards. Hoping anger and resolve colors his attitude going forward.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Your opinion is based on nothing but ignorance and butt hurt.

If you actually knew what the fk you were talking about (you don't) and not just crying (like the lil bitch you are) then maybe someone would take you serious ... instead of telling you to .... plug it up, Nancy and stfu for once.
Wonderful self analysis of every post you make! Bravo dude that was excellent!

Guess it’s not ok to be happy with 7-2 … with a first year coach still teaching how he envisions the game should be played?

Yes IU needs a big road win and squandered the kohl center opportunity.

I think the trend line is still up … fewer turnovers … and 1st half lead … are better predictors of success than

nearly a turnover a minute and a twenty point first half deficit V. ‘Cuse

Gezz..
I feel ya. You shouldn’t even watch the games. And no reason to even visit this board either. You’re the man!

Not sure a term derived from 'sense' is appropriate - have to go with 'fragile'.

For all his lapses in the second half of the game, was strangely encouraged by Xavier's candor afterwards. Hoping anger and resolve colors his attitude going forward.

Guy is a warrior. Glad he is on IU. He cried after a game in December. Give me that emotion every day of the week.

Guess it’s not ok to be happy with 7-2 … with a first year coach still teaching how he envisions the game should be played?

Yes IU needs a big road win and squandered the kohl center opportunity.

I think the trend line is still up … fewer turnovers … and 1st half lead … are better predictors of success than

nearly a turnover a minute and a twenty point first half deficit V. ‘Cuse
Not that it matters whatsoever to the season….. but bet the hell out out IU Sunday. Free
Money.

Your opinion is based on nothing but ignorance and butt hurt.

If you actually knew what the fk you were talking about (you don't) and not just crying (like the lil bitch you are) then maybe someone would take you serious ... instead of telling you to .... plug it up, Nancy and stfu for once.
GFY! You have no idea what I know. I'm not butt hurt one bit. I learned long ago to not let IU sports losses ruin my week. You might grow up and do the same instead of calling strangers names.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏 🍏

Your thesaurus use aside (commendable), you've just resaid what has been said numerous times about an IU team going back 20 years.

Hope springs eternal.

20 years, man. More than that, really.

And I like Woody.

Your thesaurus use aside (commendable), you've just resaid what has been said numerous times about an IU team going back 20 years.
Is that right? Which part - that they have an imbecilic fanbase, prospect of greatness, or the bit about posters not being qualified to hold Woodson's jock? Pretty sure the last part is a first, and saying something doesn't make it so. If you want to refute my position, try being specific instead of hiding behind a vague/empty summation. So do tell. Or not - it's Game Day, and while far from a marquee match-up, expect IU will show more of the promise and evolution as a Team that some of us imagine.

The past is not now. IU today should be judged on IU today, not through the shattered lens of despondent fans who think that present circumstance is some sort of karmic consequence of past failures.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Is that right? Which part - that they have an imbecilic fanbase, prospect of greatness, or the bit about posters not being qualified to hold Woodson's jock? Pretty sure the last part is a first, and saying something doesn't make it so. If you want to refute my position, try being specific instead of hiding behind a vague/empty summation. So do tell. Or not - it's Game Day, and while far from a marquee match-up, expect IU will show more of the promise and evolution as a Team that some of us imagine.

The past is not now. IU today should be judged on IU today, not through the shattered lens of despondent fans who think that present circumstance is some sort of karmic consequence of past failures.

Karmic consequences? Dude there's nothing karmic about it, rather just natural consequences of IU"s auctions.

And I don't believe in karma or any other supernaturalisms.

I think you're merely explaining the diff bw an optimist and a pessimist, both of whom consider themselves realists as a defense.

But yes I think iu will beat Merrimack, however i prefer to see evolution when it matters (like the 2nd half at WI).

We will give Woody time and if it doesn't work, Dane will take over. Hell that may be the plan anyway.

It's sad that some people think you used "big words" in your post. ;)

Karmic consequences? Dude there's nothing karmic about it, rather just natural consequences of IU"s auctions.

And I don't believe in karma or any other supernaturalisms.

I think you're merely explaining the diff bw an optimist and a pessimist, both of whom consider themselves realists as a defense.

But yes I think iu will beat Merrimack, however i prefer to see evolution when it matters (like the 2nd half at WI).

We will give Woody time and if it doesn't work, Dane will take over. Hell that may be the plan anyway.

What auctions? 🍏

But you believe in causality? Same thing. What isn't the same is pessimism and stupidity. But if you think calling Woodson a bad hire and damning the AD for 'blowing it' because IU Played a bad half of BB is just a lack of optimism, then you do. GLWT.

What auctions? 🍏

But you believe in causality? Same thing. What isn't the same is pessimism and stupidity. But if you think calling Woodson a bad hire and damning the AD for 'blowing it' because IU Played a bad half of BB is just a lack of optimism, then you do. GLWT.

Karma is not the same thing as action and consequences imo. Only in the most liberal definition of causality can that be so. Karma means consequences for past actions as a punishment for them w the help of some 8 armed elephant man God...or some sort of divine or righteous entity who wants to right a wrong.

I think iu is in the spot it is in w bball due direct consequences of its actions going back to the 70s....as had been discussed here a bunch.

But sure there are people going over the top. That's fans for you.

I said he used a thesaurus.

It's a type of dinosaur.

Look it up.

And I am in reality a true Aloha Hoosier. Tripler Army Medical Center 1972.
I spent about 9 years there - two ships (first and fifth) and two shore duty assignments. My wife grew up there because her father retired from the Army while there, probably around the time you were at Tripler. He was an infantry officer so you'd probably not have known him.

My first assignment in Hawaii was 1987 and I left my last assignment there in 2004.

Karma means consequences for past actions as a punishment for them w the help of some 8 armed elephant man God...or some sort of divine or righteous entity who wants to right a wrong.

But sure there are people going over the top. That's fans for you.
Over the top as in smugly ignorant and racist? Reckon that's you for you. We're done here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT