ADVERTISEMENT

Movies, books, tv

Question. I am going to read the Foundation Series by Asimov. For anybody who has done so, is it better to read them in the order they were written or in the chronological order of the story itself?

Question. I am going to read the Foundation Series by Asimov. For anybody who has done so, is it better to read them in the order they were written or in the chronological order of the story itself?
I read them in the order written. I think you will get more from the prequels that way but your mileage may vary.

Order they were written.

Reactions: larsIU
There is no connection between the TV show and the park.

Goid luck on your trip. Yellowstone is super crowded. Plan accordingly.
I wonder if this is the year to go. We have been getting a lot of work done around the house, a contractor was saying he's busier than ever. I said it was probably stimulus and he replied that a lot of people are not vacationing and decided to use the money for home repairs.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I wonder if this is the year to go. We have been getting a lot of work done around the house, a contractor was saying he's busier than ever. I said it was probably stimulus and he replied that a lot of people are not vacationing and decided to use the money for home repairs.
I hope that's true! Any recommendations from those that have been?

I hope that's true! Any recommendations from those that have been?
The Western Museum in Cody Wyoming is excellent. Beartooth pass at the NE entrance to Yellowstone is one of the most outstanding scenic drives in the U S. All the hot springs are great. Yellowstone canyon is a don’t miss.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Cheesy? C’mon man. Rip Wheeler is a serious guy and the train station is a serious place.
Rip is absolutely the best!!! I love the scene when they’re in the pickup truck and the girl is asking him where he buys his outfits.

So I convinced the wife we could afford the $13.93 and sprang for Mare of Easttown.

Episode 1 did all the usual character introduction stuff and finished with the setup for what I assume will be the primary plot line for the series. But that was about it.

Am I going to be pissed I squandered all that money?

So I convinced the wife we could afford the $13.93 and sprang for Mare of Easttown.

Episode 1 did all the usual character introduction stuff and finished with the setup for what I assume will be the primary plot line for the series. But that was about it.

Am I going to be pissed I squandered all that money?
Cheap bastard. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Picked up some books for the summer.

Caste - The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson

The Splendid and the Vile - Erik Larson
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson

Justice, Justice Thou Shalt Pursue - RBG

Thr Soul of America - Jon Meachem
Reading is always a struggle on my eyes but since I don’t watch much TV anymore I’m hoping my focus is better.

Picked up some books for the summer.

Caste - The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson

The Splendid and the Vile - Erik Larson
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson

Justice, Justice Thou Shalt Pursue - RBG

Thr Soul of America - Jon Meachem
Reading is always a struggle on my eyes but since I don’t watch much TV anymore I’m hoping my focus is better.
I love Erik Larson’s books. Devil in White City is my favorite.

Reactions: Eppy99
Cool. Now, if SWMBO doesn't like it, I'll blame you and McM66 for talking it up.
Let me know when you're done. I have some thoughts on the show and I'd like to know if they line up with others. I'll spare the spoilers for now.

Let me know when you're done. I have some thoughts on the show and I'd like to know if they line up with others. I'll spare the spoilers for now.

It'll be a week or so. We don't tend to binge watch. We'll watch it one episode at a time.

Reactions: larsIU

Two episodes in tells me this is going to get really fvcking complicated. I'm already having trouble keeping all the characters straight.

Yeah it calms down. Her mom is a treasure.
I just finished the binge today. People were right to praise Winslet's performance, but I think you are right to highlight Jean Smart. She was also excellent, as was Julianne Nicholson.

I wasn't enamored with the ending.

I thought it would have been stronger if Lori had been the one who did it.

I don't like how they just forgot about John in the epilogue. Surely he must have been released from prison, right?

I just finished the binge today. People were right to praise Winslet's performance, but I think you are right to highlight Jean Smart. She was also excellent, as was Julianne Nicholson.

I wasn't enamored with the ending.

I thought it would have been stronger if Lori had been the one who did it.

I don't like how they just forgot about John in the epilogue. Surely he must have been released from prison, right?
Winslet as usual was amazing. Felt the show worked well as a story about three generations of women.

I felt the overall writing wasn’t amazing but still really well done. It was no True Detective season 1. The ending felt a bit rushed like it should have been ten episodes instead of 7. I agree having Lori be the killer would have been more satisfying. Feels like they just ran out of fuse and had to wrap it up. Biggest problem for me was the retired cop who had his gun stolen and returned with two missing bullets but didn’t say anything? Lazy.

Good take. It was like Blue Bloods with vaginas.
Uh oh. People get cancelled for implying that women have vaginas.

it’s a good show and the three women do a great job. But we get bored with shows that feature only fundamentally unhappy and flawed characters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT