ADVERTISEMENT

Monkey Pox - Call a Spade a Spade

That did ZERO in terms of preventing the spread. Zero. I was crucified as were many others for stating this early on. I think someone actually called me a murderer. At the time, I believe I said I wasn't sure and did not believe it was preventing the spread of it. Which turned out to be true. I also don't think you can say tens of millions of lives were saved. If so, great. But not sure that can be claimed as a fact. Technically, you nor no one else knows if they would have died had they not had the vaccine.
I wouldn't call you a murderer, but saying zero protection is wrong. There's plenty of data showing lower infection rates among vaccinated people. Here's some.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I wouldn't call you a murderer, but saying zero protection is wrong. There's plenty of data showing lower infection rates among vaccinated people. Here's some.

I’d be careful with that study. It’s ancient in COVID lore and doesn’t account for the variants. It ain’t 95% effective at preventing Omicron spread. Not by a long shot.

@aajohn2000, I fear you left an impression that you believe gay people to be morally inferior to straight people. Or deserving of monkeypox. Or likely to have sex with dogs and children.

If that’s not what you intended, maybe clear that up?
Hey @BradStevens . Appreciate you bringing that up. For the record, I am not judging anyone or getting into morals. What people do with their lives and how they lead them is totally up to them and respect their choices and do not judge. Hopefully that squashes any “moral high ground” concerns. What I was pointing out is my experience in local media of not calling this disease specific to gay population. I think many posters provided evidence that the media wokeness took a pause on this one and has made it clear that it’s prominent in the gay population. You and anyone else can decide if someone deserves it or not when engaging in the behavior that is well documented and known to cause it. But I am not going to go there.

The other thing in referencing the dogs (mainly linked as satire take) and children (serious potential issue) is pointing out that the common denominator is a gay man. Given the manner in which this virus spreads and how it spreads, I think it would be irresponsible to not at least consider that there may be sexual assault possibly occurring. To say it’s absolutely NOT happening would be irresponsible. As to the dog. Hey, not going to get into the various ways in which the dog may have contracted it. But it does raise an eye brow. Thanks again for providing the opportunity to clear the morality/ judgement question.

I did read it and appreciate the content. I also look forward to all the now personal attacks and name calling that is normal on this board because of my take. Just like when I said back in 2021 that I felt the vaccines did nothing to prevent the spread of Covid and was determined to be nuts and all the other toxicity that came with that. If people cannot see this Monkey Pox for what it is and the population that's spreading it, that's fine. You won't see me personally attacking them and calling them a host of insults and everything else. I am simply calling a "spade a spade". I will do as I always try and do which is to critique the take and not attack the person.
You were wrong then and are wrong now. Congratulations!

I’d be careful with that study. It’s ancient in COVID lore and doesn’t account for the variants. It ain’t 95% effective at preventing Omicron spread. Not by a long shot.
Since the poster said zero effectiveness, hard stop, it didn't seem the bar was too high. I usually go to CDC data which has consistently shown lower infection rates for vaxxed people, but they're updating their page.

Nobody knows yet. Same as with Covid, it will take years to get “the truth” and if either was biological warfare research leaked from a lab by negligence, we will likely never know the truth.

Early Covid “experts” said “no evidence it jumps from animals to human.” They were wrong. Then “no evidence of human to human spread.” BIG wrong. Then “can’t have any effective vaccine for 2-3 years.” Wrong too.

And this was without the politicization of the Trump/anti-Trump folks who made Covid a political litmus test and made everything worse, especially when it came to the numbers, which were never accurate and will never help future virology to the extent they could have. Dying “with” Covid and dying “from” Covid was politicized. Vaccine status was politicized. Common sense was jettisoned.

Truth is some people died if they got Covid no matter what, vaccine or no vaccine. Others caught it and never even knew it. And we don’t know why. Probably never will.

History will “probably“ show that masking alone then vaccines “woulda/coulda/shoulda” been an equally-effective response, and the economic shut down was “probably” an unnecessary overreaction. But we will all have to wander in the wilderness until the Covid generations all die before the truth will even be sought, because Trump/anti-Trump is more important than health truth.

Last edited:
Nobody knows yet. Same as with Covid, it will take years to get “the truth” and if either was biological warfare research leaked from a lab by negligence, we will likely never know the truth.

Early Covid “experts” said “no evidence it jumps from animals to human.” They were wrong. Then “no evidence of human to human spread.” BIG wrong. Then “can’t have ant effective vaccine for 2-3 years.” Wrong too.

And this was without the politicization of the Trump/anti-Trump folks who made Covid a political litmus test and made everything worse, especially when it came to the numbers, which were never accurate and will never help future virology to the extent they could have. Dying “with” Covid and dying “from” Covid was politicized. Vaccine status was politicized. Common sense was jettisoned.

Truth is some people died if they got Covid no matter what, vaccine or no vaccine. Others caught it and never even knew it. And we don’t know why. Probably never will.

History will “probably“ show that masking alone then vaccines “woulda/coulda/shoulda” been an equally-effective response, and the economic shut down was “probably” an unnecessary overreaction. But we will all have to wander in the wilderness until the Covid generations all die before the truth will even be sought, because Trump/anti-Trump is more important than health truth.
I like the way you think.

• Love
Reactions: dr.jb
Yes, everyone knows that teh gheys are also into animals.

Seriously, are you drunk or something?
Is this the guy that was always concerned about everyone's ethnicity by percentage or some nonsense, or is he just a new knucklehead?

Is this the guy that was always concerned about everyone's ethnicity by percentage or some nonsense, or is he just a new knucklehead?
You're thinking of another poster whose name starts with the letter "A." I won't mention his name out of fear that it might draw him back here.

I am an absolute guy. We were told you couldnt' get it if you were vaccinated. That was wrong. 100% wrong. That's all that I am saying.

Thank Kurt. You join the long list of name callers. Congratulations!

Watch the news and see if they say "gay men". They won't. They'll say everything but that or avoid it as much as possible.
I knew it was spreading predominately among gay men because read it in the newspaper and heard it on the news. Just googled it and saw dozens of articles reporting this. Seems to me that your premise is entirely wrong.

The media will likely do it's best to avoid calling this what it is, a disease spread amongst gay men. But they won't. When you see children getting the disease and the parents are gay, CPS should be called. And now, in France, this poor dog. People are sick. If we had a media that wasn't so woke, they'd come out and ease any and all fears that says unless you are having sex with another gay man, you have nothing to worry about here. This is disgusting.

MP is also spread from open lesions.

Next time somebody bumps into you with their arm and your is now wet...you become gay.

No, but is extrememly effective against severe illness and should be utilized by all eligible ages.

But looking at just the amount of confirmed cases, did it really slow? I ask that honestly and objectively.
You slow the spread by reducing viral load in the population.

Then... the spread is increased by mutations of the virus that increase the intrinsic infectivity.

The net result is that the success that you expected in stopping the spread is not fully realized, due to the mutation to more highly infective variants.

But... can you imagine how much worse it would have been if viral loads had NOT been reduced in the general population and the spread had been increased by mutations of the virus that increase the intrinsic infectivity?

We lucked out in that mutations trended toward less severe disease. That didn't have to be the case.

@UncleMark

I'm having a really tough time not calling this homophobic idiot an idiot.

Please advise.
Careful. The signal on your virtue dial may break. If calling attention to a disease that is predominantly spread amongst the gay community is being homophobic, guilty as charged. Be sure to call in the rest of your virtuous army. I can see many have come into the fray already to lend support, but be careful not to leave anyone out. Need to be sure and be inclusive.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
@UncleMark

I'm having a really tough time not calling this homophobic idiot an idiot.

Please advise.
If we call him a homophobic idiot and then he proclaims his love for Trump's colon, other GOP stalwarts on here will claim that we automatically call all Trumpers homophobic idiots. They will whine and moan about being among the deplorables.

So as long as we're specific to aajohn2000, I think we're OK. The evidence is there...

If we call him a homophobic idiot and then he proclaims his love for Trump's colon, other GOP stalwarts on here will claim that we automatically call all Trumpers homophobic idiots. They will whine and moan about being among the deplorables.

So as long as we're specific to aajohn2000, I think we're OK. The evidence is there...
I voted for Biden, so I think it's ok.

• Angry
Watch the news and see if they say "gay men". They won't. They'll say everything but that or avoid it as much as possible.

So is not shouting Gay! the issue with you? Every single report I've heard on this says it is spreading primarily among men who have sex with men. That not good enough for you?

Don't make me turn @T.M.P. loose on you.

Meh, I get it. But most of us here don’t use it that way.
Yea, I know ... but it has no real definition so it can be used just like it was .. you woke person. lol

Did you hear DeSantis' woke Churchill speech? "We will fight the woke on the beaches, we will fight the woke in the fields " that guy is a clown pandering to the very bottom of our societal barrel...

So is not shouting Gay! the issue with you? Every single report I've heard on this says it is spreading primarily among men who have sex with men. That not good enough for you?

Don't make me turn @T.M.P. loose on you.
LOL. Yes. Damit. That’s my issue. It’s like saying birthing person instead of a pregnant woman. Call it what it is Damit! It’s gay men.

It's become their shorthand for "politically correct." Which was also stoopid.
Over the past year, I'm guessing I've posted links to dozens of intelligent liberals who use the term, define the way they are using it, and critique it very logically.

How about responding to those arguments instead of just ignoring the problem or explaining it away as it's just something "those" people do? Clearly, my opinions and posts haven't swayed you, and maybe you label me as a right-winger (again, I'm not), but have you even read the arguments of the links I post?

Here are some pieces from liberals. There are plenty more:

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/please-just-****ing-tell-me-what

It's become their shorthand for "politically correct." Which was also stoopid.
“Their”?

wrong.

Neo-Lefties called themselves “woke” as a way of insulting people who thought differently from themselves, culturally appropriating the term from old school African-Americans who put up with old school racists before MLK gains of the 50-60’s (even while criticizing others for cultural appropriations!)

It was such a stupid thing, righties rightly mocked it, and now guys like you and TMP like to claim it was invented by righties by way of avoiding the shame y’all brought on yourselves.

Labels and name calling is y’all’s favorite sport.

Racist. Fascist. Nazi.

Mocking it is our sport.

Take it like a man (a real one, with a penis - biology).

“Their”?

wrong.

Neo-Lefties called themselves “woke” as a way of insulting people who thought differently from themselves, culturally appropriating the term from old school African-Americans who put up with old school racists before MLK gains of the 50-60’s (even while criticizing others for cultural appropriations!)

It was such a stupid thing, righties rightly mocked it, and now guys like you and TMP like to claim it was invented by righties by way of avoiding the shame y’all brought on yourselves.

Labels and name calling is y’all’s favorite sport.

Racist. Fascist. Nazi.

Mocking it is our sport.

Take it like a man (a real one, with a penis - biology).
I love that shitter and the rest of these clowns pretend there's no such thing as woke. so stupid. it's all over. hell obama recognizes it. my kid was recently in a play at summer camp where all of the characters names were changed to gender neutral names. WOKE AS F*UCKKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSS. Like Potter Stewart - we all know it when we see it, unless we have our heads in the sand....

Yes that was 100% my comprehension of the OP. If I was wrong, I apologize, but I’m pretty far from woke (paging @Bulk VanderHuge ) and I don’t know how any other interpretation could have been realized from those words.

conservatives consider themselves superior, thus more deserving, to others..

it's inherent in who they are, what defines them as "conservative", it hasn't changed since the beginning of time, and is a consistent trait of conservatives regardless of race or nationality or religion or gender.

we could pretend this wasn't so, but that would truly be "woke".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT