ADVERTISEMENT

Money talks vary loud . . .

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
In college sports.

The B1G is no longer just an athletic conference, it’s a mini NCAA. 4 Time zones? Might work for football but how will that work out for minor sports? Add NI L to the mix and fat TV contracts, with paid streaming and the whole concept of big time athletics is no longer about big time athletics. It’s about power, influence and control of a huge business. What happens if a production company is willing to pay more for a B1G- SEC football showdown than the NCAA gets for its tournaments? I don’t know where this is headed, but I don’t think I like it.

I think the BIg 12 comes out on top here. A few years ago, it was given up for dead. Now with Colorado, Utah, BYU, Arizona, And Arizona State, + Kansas And Kansas state and Okie Stare in the same conference, regional interest will be at a fever pitch.

And the poor PAC 12. There is talk of the remaining 4 merging with the Mountain West. I can’t imagine super-woke all academic Stanford playing a college low--life like Wyoming in Laramie—in November. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Univee2 and larsIU
In college sports.

The B1G is no longer just an athletic conference, it’s a mini NCAA. 4 Time zones? Might work for football but how will that work out for minor sports? Add NI L to the mix and fat TV contracts, with paid streaming and the whole concept of big time athletics is no longer about big time athletics. It’s about power, influence and control of a huge business. What happens if a production company is willing to pay more for a B1G- SEC football showdown than the NCAA gets for its tournaments? I don’t know where this is headed, but I don’t think I like it.

I think the BIzg 12 comes out on top here. A few years ago, it was given up for dead. Now with Colorado, Utah, BYU, Arizona, And Arizona State, + Kansas And Kansas state and Okie Stare in the same conference, regional interest will be at a fever pitch.

And the poor PAC 12. There is talk of the remaining 4 merging with the Mountain West. I can’t imagine super-woke all academic Stanford playing a college low--life like Wyoming in Laramie—in November. .
That's a master class working woke into this prof lol. i don't like any of this either. sec will come out on top - always. it's part of their culture and just too important down there. big ten will be fine. good even. Pac 12 is Fooked. looking like the ACC too. i'm not a fan of any of it either. just destroys rivalries etc. who the hell cares about that big ucla maryland match up. as for left handed sports changes will have to be made. i imagine a number will be discontinued. perhaps a new approach for others. new conferences and leagues just for left handed sports. hell football should probably be separated entirely. the fun belt soccer conf might be an example. south carolina, kentucky, west virginia, marshall, and many others play soccer in the fun belt. could be what other conferences go to. break up the left handed sports.

anyway i don't like any of it.

That's a master class working woke into this prof lol. i don't like any of this either. sec will come out on top - always. it's part of their culture and just too important down there. big ten will be fine. good even. Pac 12 is Fooked. looking like the ACC too. i'm not a fan of any of it either. just destroys rivalries etc. who the hell cares about that big ucla maryland match up. as for left handed sports changes will have to be made. i imagine a number will be discontinued. perhaps a new approach for others. new conferences and leagues just for left handed sports. hell football should probably be separated entirely. the fun belt soccer conf might be an example. south carolina, kentucky, west virginia, marshall, and many others play soccer in the fun belt. could be what other conferences go to. break up the left handed sports.

anyway i don't like any of it.
I think the ACC recently passed an exit fee of 3 x Annual revenue/ school. That’s over $120 million.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
In college sports.

I think the BIg 12 comes out on top here. A few years ago, it was given up for dead. Now with Colorado, Utah, BYU, Arizona, And Arizona State, + Kansas And Kansas state and Okie Stare in the same conference, regional interest will be at a fever pitch.

It sucks, but we're already there, not headed there.

As for the Big12 coming out on top, that's hilarious. They just lost their top two revenue producers--UT and OU. The current round goes to the Big Integer That Used to Be 10. There's a really simple score card out there that the universities are playing by: money per team. B1G is #1:

That's a master class working woke into this prof lol.

He just couldn't help himself. I was reading that post, and was saying to myself, "Finally, something I can agree with the old codger on, then, BAM! All he left out was a way to blame Biden, which I'm sure he'll do if he reads this post.
Maybe forgetting to do so was a sign of senility?

It sucks, but we're already there, not headed there.

As for the Big12 coming out on top, that's hilarious. They just lost their top two revenue producers--UT and OU. The current round goes to the Big Integer That Used to Be 10. There's a really simple score card out there that the universities are playing by: money per team. B1G is #1:

Maybe all the schools will now cut tuition costs?

200w.gif

He just couldn't help himself. I was reading that post, and was saying to myself, "Finally, something I can agree with the old codger on, then, BAM! All he left out was a way to blame Biden, which I'm sure he'll do if he reads this post.
He’s got that wokester rapinoe shanking that pk playing on a loop in the living room

In college sports.

I think you confused Stanford with Cal Berkeley. Stanford is as red as you can get in Northern Cal, which isn't saying much, but it says something. There's quite a divide between attendees as it has long been a free market, low-tax proponent. I know a handful of Stanford grads and none of them is like that from Berkeley.

Also, conference aren't going to last long. FSU engaged JP Morgan to sell a stake in its AD revenue. Once that starts happening, nobody needs conferences and the rich schools (think Michigan, Texas, etc.) are going to dominate, much like the EPL.

I think you confused Stanford with Cal Berkeley. Stanford is as red as you can get in Northern Cal, which isn't saying much, but it says something. There's quite a divide between attendees as it has long been a free market, low-tax proponent. I know a handful of Stanford grads and none of them is like that from Berkeley.

Also, conference aren't going to last long. FSU engaged JP Morgan to sell a stake in its AD revenue. Once that starts happening, nobody needs conferences and the rich schools (think Michigan, Texas, etc.) are going to dominate, much like the EPL.
I know a lot of Stanford grads. Most are outwardly woke AF. The worst kind, too: limousine liberals who do it for virtue signaling, while spending tens of thousands every year on private tutors for their kids, private applications coaches, etc.

I know a lot of Stanford grads. Most are outwardly woke AF. The worst kind, too: limousine liberals who do it for virtue signaling, while spending tens of thousands every year on private tutors for their kids, private applications coaches, etc.

I know quite a few conservative guys from Stanford GSB and Law School.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

What does that mean? Can we buy Michigan AD stock?

What does that mean? Can we buy Michigan AD stock?

It means ADs are likely going to set up entities that house their earnings streams and sell stakes in those streams for a significant amount of money up front. How that ensures non-profit status is beyond me. Here's a mediocre article about FSUs.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
i don’t think you have ever been to Laramie.

I hear Biden wants to throw out the first pitch at the next college football championship.

In college sports.

Maybe we’ll finally get Notre Dame, provided they pair up with Stanford.

Those “men” should never be allowed to hold office.

God please never let me be chosen to do this.

I know how to hit a golf ball. In front of playing partners, friends, etc. But heaven forbid a group rolls up on the tee. Staring. Judging.

Luckily I ALWAYS stripe it right down the middle

of the next fairway over. ****.

God please never let me be chosen to do this.

I know how to hit a golf ball. In front of playing partners, friends, etc. But heaven forbid a group rolls up on the tee. Staring. Judging.

Luckily I ALWAYS stripe it right down the middle

of the next fairway over. ****.
I'm sure I could hit the catcher's mitt. Teeing off, I'm with you: right in the lumber yard. It's OK, we'll work on it.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
I'm sure I could hit the catcher's mitt. Teeing off, I'm with you: right in the lumber yard. It's OK, we'll work on it.
So, you’re one of those. Our place in Georgia is on the ninth fairway, between the 4th and 5th tee boxes. From the 1st, it’s probably a 45-50 degree angle to our house on the left. We have a large bowl of golf balls on our back porch, collected from those great hitters who have put it into our back yard pine mulch and don’t bother to retrieve the ball. What really scares me is that we occasionally find one in the front yard.

Couldn't do any worse than this, could he?

obama-first-pitch.gif
Obama at least had decent form. Almost turned his back to the plate even. He just lacked conviction and threw up a horrible floater. Maybe that was his best effort after 10 or so training pitches, but I don't quite slot him as a complete, unalthletic nerd. He probably at least played little league...kinda like Timmy Lupus...but at least he was out there.

In college sports.

We already have a conference with its own network from a production company. It's called the Big 10. If conferences decide to leave the NCAA, the second thing they will do is form another version of the NCAA. The NCAA

As for what happens to other sports, we already have gaps in scheduling in all sports. It wouldn't take much to divide the B1G into more division and have a thoughtful approach to travel issues.

So, you’re one of those. Our place in Georgia is on the ninth fairway, between the 4th and 5th tee boxes. From the 1st, it’s probably a 45-50 degree angle to our house on the left. We have a large bowl of golf balls on our back porch, collected from those great hitters who have put it into our back yard pine mulch and don’t bother to retrieve the ball. What really scares me is that we occasionally find one in the front yard.
I'm the guy who runs into your yard and takes all the balls there, including the ones in the bowl on your porch, waves "hi," and then plays my ball off your lawn. :)

If you're there, I'll ask "Can I get a ruling on this?"

I'm the guy who runs into your yard and takes all the balls there, including the ones in the bowl on your porch, waves "hi," and then plays my ball off your lawn. :)

If you're there, I'll ask "Can I get a ruling on this?"
We’ll just have the course cop, who drives the cart path all day long in his customized white cart, tase you when he catches you.🔫

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT