ADVERTISEMENT

Moderna's RNA vaccine shows positive results in phase 1 trials

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
A COVID-19 vaccine candidate was found to be safe and well-tolerated, though the study was small (45 patients).

8 patients were examined for antibodies and it was found, in all 8, that the vaccine prompted the production of neutralizing antibodies at or above the level produced in the same time frame by normal infection by the disease.

The goal of phase 1 trials is to evaluate the safety of a new drug at selected doses in a small group of healthy volunteer participants. It is therefore not focused on effectiveness.

Phase 2 trials study whether a drug works. That comes next, then phase 3, then review, then approval.

Good news, for a new technology. RNA vaccines should be easier to be mass-produced, though none have yet made it to market.

link: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...qckjYYohRzKe7D7BZMpEdpEuXH7GPD_T-pLJ8jLOavF6I

A COVID-19 vaccine candidate was found to be safe and well-tolerated, though the study was small (45 patients).

8 patients were examined for antibodies and it was found, in all 8, that the vaccine prompted the production of neutralizing antibodies at or above the level produced in the same time frame by normal infection by the disease.

The goal of phase 1 trials is to evaluate the safety of a new drug at selected doses in a small group of healthy volunteer participants. It is therefore not focused on effectiveness.

Phase 2 trials study whether a drug works. That comes next, then phase 3, then review, then approval.

Good news, for a new technology. RNA vaccines should be easier to be mass-produced, though none have yet made it to market.

link: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...qckjYYohRzKe7D7BZMpEdpEuXH7GPD_T-pLJ8jLOavF6I

Absolutely positive news. I’ll be watching this one.

Reactions: outside shooter

Getting a bunch of play on CNBC as we speak.

Reactions: Sope Creek

This vaccine also seems to halt viral replication, so it might also have a therapeutic use. This is first RNA vaccine, brand new tech.

This vaccine also seems to halt viral replication, so it might also have a therapeutic use. This is first RNA vaccine, brand new tech.
Your post is 100% correct.
I am stunned.
My world is shaken.
;)

Next I'm going to learn that VPM had a cogent thought,
or that Donald Trump Jr. is beginning a new career as a professor of quantum mechanics.

Last edited:

Here’s to hoping.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
So tell me, are they just gettin' while the gettin' is good, or do they know what the future outcome is probably going to be?

They know the market's desperation and they are also realistic about the success rates of vaccines getting into the market. At Phase 1, there is a long way to go. So the press release of it having something is Phase 1 is perfectly timed.

Regardless, 18months from now, nobody will remember Moderna if they fail to produce. And the Moderna C Suites will be sipping mojitos in St Barts by then.

They know the market's desperation and they are also realistic about the success rates of vaccines getting into the market. At Phase 1, there is a long way to go. So the press release of it having something is Phase 1 is perfectly timed.

Regardless, 18months from now, nobody will remember Moderna if they fail to produce. And the Moderna C Suites will be sipping mojitos in St Barts by then.
I think it was @twenty02 who said it looked like a "classic pump & dump" to him when the announcement was made about the early results. Isn't there some law or rule against that kind of shit?

I think it was @twenty02 who said it looked like a "classic pump & dump" to him when the announcement was made about the early results. Isn't there some law or rule against that kind of shit?

Hope not. I have done this before.

:(

Its tougher in pharma sector than in tech. The dead zone of news is so long whereas in tech its much shorter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT