ADVERTISEMENT

MN's beating the fried chicken out of GaTech

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
34-10 in the 4th with about 6 minutes to go...

Rambling Wreck is a perfect metaphor for GT...

Don't think they're coming back in this one...

Yeah, their replacement DC really lit a fire under his young charges...
They also have a great OL coach.

Cue fpeaugh on whether we hired the wrong coach... Again.

The way Minny closed out the season though... Damn. Results make me wonder sometimes too.

Agreed. Hopefully we can take the training wheels off the offense next year or we will be looking up at them again next year.
I'm not near as concerned with the offense as I am the defense. We gave up 30ppg last year. Thats awful! The offense should get better they have the personnel and pieces IMO but the defense? The only positive is the defensive backfield. Our LB's were horrible and DLine was horrible.

I'm not near as concerned with the offense as I am the defense. We gave up 30ppg last year. Thats awful! The offense should get better they have the personnel and pieces IMO but the defense? The only positive is the defensive backfield. Our LB's were horrible and DLine was horrible.

That was expected. We were very young on defense. Still we had opportunities, this wasnt like 2015. Last years team was always going to go as far as the offense could take them. They were the more experienced squad. Brohm recognized early that he had to open things up to win. Debord never did.

Reactions: IUCX9

The DBs were awful for IU last year. How do you leave a WR wide open in games against Minny (final minute) and Purdue like that? How is Shelby still hanging around? Crawford had a better season as a frosh. Riggins was non existent. Fitzgerald improved. Jamar Johnson was better as was #34. Brown and Layne? Those guys got repeatedly torched.

The frosh May have some talent to work with but the veterans were not developed in the slightest.

The DBs were awful for IU last year. How do you leave a WR wide open in games against Minny (final minute) and Purdue like that? How is Shelby still hanging around? Crawford had a better season as a frosh. Riggins was non existent. Fitzgerald improved. Jamar Johnson was better as was #34. Brown and Layne? Those guys got repeatedly torched.

The frosh May have some talent to work with but the veterans were not developed in the slightest.
Which leads me back to the DL, 90th in sacks this year. No pass rush = difficult task for any DB...JMHO the db's were the only position group that did okay. Never said they were world beaters. Our front 7 havoc rank was 101st our DB havoc was 53rd jus sayin

That was expected. We were very young on defense. Still we had opportunities, this wasnt like 2015. Last years team was always going to go as far as the offense could take them. They were the more experienced squad. Brohm recognized early that he had to open things up to win. Debord never did.
So what your saying is Debord never opened up the offense against Purdue yet most others claim he should have continued to run the ball.

So what your saying is Debord never opened up the offense against Purdue yet most others claim he should have continued to run the ball.

He should have run more against Purdue. Look, I know you think there has never been a bad coach in the entire history of football. Debord has no feel for the game. He finds ways to either lose or keep games closer than what they should be. He opens it up when he has no other option but goes back into blow it mode as soon as he can. That is my opinion and you are welcome to yours. Now I know you always have to have the last word so have at it.

He should have run more against Purdue. Look, I know you think there has never been a bad coach in the entire history of football. Debord has no feel for the game. He finds ways to either lose or keep games closer than what they should be. He opens it up when he has no other option but goes back into blow it mode as soon as he can. That is my opinion and you are welcome to yours. Now I know you always have to have the last word so have at it.
You are right you can have your own opinion. My point is IU fans for whatever reason do not like Mike Debord. I just find it amusing that he is criticized for everything he does. This offense obviously had limitations an offensive line that took some time to jell, no real deep threat on the outside. Their third down go to guy missed some games in the middle of the season. A true freshman running back. An a quarterback with limitations yet was able to move the ball game in and game out. Able to stay in games

Last edited:
Reactions: Walt542
You are right you can have your own opinion. My point is IU fans for whatever reason do not like Mike Debord. I just find it amusing that he is criticized for everything he does. This offense obviously had limitations an offensive line that took some time to jell, no real deep threat on the outside. Their third down go to guy missed some games in the middle of the season. A true freshman running back. An a quarterback with limitations yet was able to move the ball game in and game out. Able to stay in games
DeBoard was almost ran out of every job he’s had. Tennessee fans where happy he was gone. If he hadn’t have left he was getting fired. I’m not impressed with him either. Dial up Matt Canada please!

Which leads me back to the DL, 90th in sacks this year. No pass rush = difficult task for any DB...JMHO the db's were the only position group that did okay. Never said they were world beaters. Our front 7 havoc rank was 101st our DB havoc was 53rd jus sayin

No doubt about it. Hagan’s group failed and all these guys that were given pre-IU press as difference-makers didn’t pan out. Bryant, Robinson, Sykes, Barwick, Bowen, B. Wilson, Reece, Stallings. Most of those guys wouldn’t start in a non P5 conference. Just the truth.

However, some of the blown coverages with our safety was something you might expect a couple times a season and we saw it several.

DeBoard was almost ran out of every job he’s had. Tennessee fans where happy he was gone. If he hadn’t have left he was getting fired. I’m not impressed with him either. Dial up Matt Canada please!
Yes and the next guy Larry Scott was pathetic. Nobody ever said IT fans were geniouses. They have some of the top facilities a huge stadium and the program is wreck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT