ADVERTISEMENT

Miller Pat Down Antic and Oates

demunn

Sophomore
Mar 15, 2017
All I can say is thank God we didn't get Oates. He seriously lets a kid who brought a firearm to a location (upon being asked allegedly) where someone was then murdered, do a pregame antic of a pat down when being announced.

He then says "oh yeah, that's inappropriate" after being called out. I can't believe the NCAA hasn't stepped in either. No idea if/why this kid hasn't been considered an accessory (haven't followed the case closely) but can't believe he's still on the team after this.

How does this happen and how is Oates justifying it outside the kid scoring 26 yesterday?

It's sickening. I'd be alright seeing Pat Knight body slam him.

There are always people willing to take the low road to succeed. Hoosiers don't do that, and neither do Boilermakers.

The NCAA needs to step in on this now and jettison this guy. Here is why. Earlier this week, the NCAA imposed penalties on the University of Miami Women's Basketball Team. This was based solely on the fact that the Cavinder twins went to a Boosters House for dinner and received a free meal. The Twins weren't subject to penalty, but their Coach ended up with a 3 game suspension because She introduced them to the Booster. In addition, the School received some penalties. Oh the Horror in this day and age of someone getting a free meal.
There is a little more to this. The girls are great looking blondes. Any guy with a testosterone level would line up to buy them Dinner. If that's not enough, the Twins are making Money by posting photos, information, and Videos of themselves on the Internet and have a large number of followers.

Now the NCAA looks like they are headed to the Circus in the Clown Car. They throw the book at a Program for a couple of free meals and let Miller and Alabama go without consequence. It gets worse. Miller's conduct has accelerated. The other night it was about disrespect for the victim, Her family, and Friends. Yesterday it extended. This has now become poking your Thumb in the Eye of the University, the Basketball Program and the NCAA, It's like sticking your tongue out and saying "You Can't Do Anything To Me." So the NCAA looks like they are toothless to do anything to rein in Miller and Alabama, But they can be really tough on two blonde females they resent because they are beautiful enough to use the rules to cash in.

The solution needs to be Miller is permanently suspended. Based on Yesterday's conduct, it is apparent that Oats has no control over his Players and team. He needs to be suspended without pay for the year. And if Alabama protests or appeals, they are declared ineligible for the Tournament based on lack of Institutional Control.

All I can say is thank God we didn't get Oates. He seriously lets a kid who brought a firearm to a location (upon being asked allegedly) where someone was then murdered, do a pregame antic of a pat down when being announced.

He then says "oh yeah, that's inappropriate" after being called out. I can't believe the NCAA hasn't stepped in either. No idea if/why this kid hasn't been considered an accessory (haven't followed the case closely) but can't believe he's still on the team after this.

How does this happen and how is Oates justifying it outside the kid scoring 26 yesterday?
I get that it’s hard to punish people for guilt by association these days.
Oats could have at least let the player sit until the first break.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
I get that it’s hard to punish people for guilt by association these days.
Oats could have at least let the player sit until the first break.
The old let Him sit until the first time out to make it look like We are really doing something about the situation. It would be more severe to have Dean Wormer place the Kid on Double Secret Probation. "Toga, Toga, Toga."

Reactions: bwcoach and 4IUSox2

Some people will do anything to win. Izzo isnt much better.

Reactions: IU 4 LIFE
The NCAA needs to step in on this now and jettison this guy. Here is why. Earlier this week, the NCAA imposed penalties on the University of Miami Women's Basketball Team. This was based solely on the fact that the Cavinder twins went to a Boosters House for dinner and received a free meal. The Twins weren't subject to penalty, but their Coach ended up with a 3 game suspension because She introduced them to the Booster. In addition, the School received some penalties. Oh the Horror in this day and age of someone getting a free meal.
There is a little more to this. The girls are great looking blondes. Any guy with a testosterone level would line up to buy them Dinner. If that's not enough, the Twins are making Money by posting photos, information, and Videos of themselves on the Internet and have a large number of followers.

Now the NCAA looks like they are headed to the Circus in the Clown Car. They throw the book at a Program for a couple of free meals and let Miller and Alabama go without consequence. It gets worse. Miller's conduct has accelerated. The other night it was about disrespect for the victim, Her family, and Friends. Yesterday it extended. This has now become poking your Thumb in the Eye of the University, the Basketball Program and the NCAA, It's like sticking your tongue out and saying "You Can't Do Anything To Me." So the NCAA looks like they are toothless to do anything to rein in Miller and Alabama, But they can be really tough on two blonde females they resent because they are beautiful enough to use the rules to cash in.

The solution needs to be Miller is permanently suspended. Based on Yesterday's conduct, it is apparent that Oats has no control over his Players and team. He needs to be suspended without pay for the year. And if Alabama protests or appeals, they are declared ineligible for the Tournament based on lack of Institutional Control.

if the twins tweeted that the booster's wife was a good cook, wouldn't that ok the free meal?

Last edited:
UA player hit a fan on field and Saban's response was, 'he was scared.' It's what they do at Alabama. Win at all costs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT