ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Roberts impact starting to show

mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
Mike Roberts was hired to work with Bigs. I believe the progress made by the bigs can be attributed at least in part to Mike’s coaching. Brunk is now using the glass (finally). Passing defense and rebounding looking much better.
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: iulb and Sassy61
Mike Roberts was hired to work with Bigs. I believe the progress made by the bigs can be attributed at least in part to Mike’s coaching. Brunk is now using the glass (finally). Passing defense and rebounding looking much better.
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

So important a thread that you posted it three times!! :):)

Reactions: minneman and kkott
I thought we did a nice job recognizing and capitalizing on our size and strength advantage inside against Nebraska especially in the 2nd half. I'm hoping to see us similarly challenge B1G teams inside in future games. And that will also lead to higher quality open looks from the perimeter.

Reactions: Sassy61
Our bigs are keeping this season afloat. Wins and losses come down to how our guards play each game. Will be that way the entire season. At least CAM realized he needed to shorten the leash on certain players.

Reactions: ufo33
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!
If true, Brunk and TJD will really be a tough 1, 2, punch next year. Still need a guard who can shoot

I thought we did a nice job recognizing and capitalizing on our size and strength advantage inside against Nebraska especially in the 2nd half. I'm hoping to see us similarly challenge B1G teams inside in future games. And that will also lead to higher quality open looks from the perimeter.
Gotta hit the open outsiders or it doesn't matter.

Our bigs are keeping this season afloat. Wins and losses come down to how our guards play each game. Will be that way the entire season. At least CAM realized he needed to shorten the leash on certain players.

That doesn't bode well I the NCAAT though, its all about guard play, and it's still a coin toss we get there

That doesn't bode well I the NCAAT though, its all about guard play, and it's still a coin toss we get there
can't argue with you on that logic....tourney play is all about the team with the hot shooting guards. Unfortunately, aside from Devonte/FSU game, that has not been us. I think most of us are hoping (even expecting) IU to make the tourney, but based on guard play, I haven't heard anyone who expects us to make it out of the first weekend. If we're hovering around an 8-9 seed, we have a tough first game, then if we win, we play one of the big boys next. We all know this is not a S16 level team this year.

I think most of us are hoping (even expecting) IU to make the tourney, but based on guard play, I haven't heard anyone who expects us to make it out of the first weekend.

After the game, Lavin said that he expected both teams to make it out of the first weekend and that MSU was a potential FF team.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
After the game, Lavin said that he expected both teams to make it out of the first weekend and that MSU was a potential FF team.
MSU guard play is outstanding, but our guys matched it pretty well. Most importantly, no long scoring droughts and no dip in intensity when MSU went ahead. They stayed composed and got the win. Excellent game.

I personally thought that last play where Phinesse passed it into Trayce .Was more on Trayce.
If you call for it..You have to hold of the defender and come to the ball better..
But he sure made a helluva block on the other end.
He's been even better than I expected this season.
And I watched him multiple times in high school.
He'll be a load next season ~

I personally thought that last play where Phinesse passed it into Trayce .Was more on Trayce.
If you call for it..You have to hold of the defender and come to the ball better..
But he sure made a helluva block on the other end.
He's been even better than I expected this season.
And I watched him multiple times in high school.
He'll be a load next season ~
I watched the Hatchet game against Gibson Southern on Youtube. Even though we don't have any Zeller Fellers, I like how Washington plays. They are energetic and move the ball well on offense, while moving their feet on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT