ADVERTISEMENT

Micah McFadden

May 29, 2001
best defender I've seen at IU.. might be an NFL backup, but in college he is a Josey Jewell/Paul Poz type player.

If I gave a $hit about the NFL I'd want him on my team for ST captain at the very least.

What a freakin baller.

Unless he’s a first or second round pick, I Wonder if he will consider coming back next season with NIL money?

best defender I've seen at IU.. might be an NFL backup, but in college he is a Josey Jewell/Paul Poz type player.

If I gave a $hit about the NFL I'd want him on my team for ST captain at the very least.

What a freakin baller.

Seems like he’s gotten faster

Absolutely reads the play at a high level

I think he is the leader we need to get out of this.

What a freakin baller.
Agreed.

That's the problem, though, isn't it? Instead of a program with players at every position, IU is dependent upon a few guys unexpectedly punching above their weight . . . .

What we saw when McFadden went out against Cincy is what I think of as the status of the program . . . and McFadden is a once in a generation type of defender.

BTW, Joe Norman was like a McFadden's back in the day, but he was much shorter . . . which is why he never made it as a pro. Ran sideline to sideline with the best of 'em . . . .

Splitting hairs here, but Joe Norman DID make it as a pro for 5 years in the NFL, albeit mostly Special Teams and a back up. Most NFL careers are shorter than that. IIRC, Van Waiters also lasted about that long in the same kind of role. These are arguably the 2 best LBs at IU over the last 50 years.

Splitting hairs here, but Joe Norman DID make it as a pro for 5 years in the NFL, albeit mostly Special Teams and a back up. Most NFL careers are shorter than that. IIRC, Van Waiters also lasted about that long in the same kind of role. These are arguably the 2 best LBs at IU over the last 50 years.
I played golf with Joe at the old IU course during the summer after our senior year . . . he hit the ball about 310 on drives.

In a golf shirt he was all neck . . . .

This is a thread I like to see. For as bumpy as this season has been, I’m glad we can take a breath and appreciate that we’ve got some special players on the team like Micah. Same goes for Tiawan.
I was reasonably confident in our secondary even without Tiawan playing last night, even after Reece went out. That and the LBs have me thinking that the program is building in a good way, even if the OL isn't up to what I'd like to see.

This is a thread I like to see. For as bumpy as this season has been, I’m glad we can take a breath and appreciate that we’ve got some special players on the team like Micah. Same goes for Tiawan.
Love love love McFadden! His leadership though likely inspires some great play of teammates too: Fitz was unreal last night. Can Jones also strong. Monster. Anderson, N ILL transfer, Layne, Williams. Thought they all played inspired FB!

The offense is NOT getting it done - period. Special Teams is also not special. (Long snapper, Campbell and yes, out new punter Evans are too!). But the coaching and mistakes are not!

What's to stop from funneling $200k to McFadden to keep him here? There have to be ways to do it. "Hey donor, pay Micah instead of your normal donation."

Agree. He’s the best IU defender I’ve ever seen. Kid is a monster. Makes you wonder if Allen would still be a HC if he didn’t hit lightning in a bottle with some of these kids his son went to HS with.

Heard that McFadden is climbing a lot of NFL draft boards. He is a lot of fun to watch - glad he is a Hoosier!

Van Waiters at MSU in 86 had the greatest game I've ever seen an IU defender have.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
4 sacks that day, some against a skinny freshman OT from Canada 🇨🇦 named Mandarich, I believe!! Whatever happened to him?? TIC.

Also coming up big that day was Alex Green, who had a pick 6 early and the game sealing INT in the end zone in the last minute.

It made IU a surprising 6-3. All looked good for a likely 8-3 heading into games vs Illinois, then PU as favorites. But in typical IU fashion, the upset win at MSU was the last win of the season.

Reactions: ESalum86
if McCrary-Ball played as well as he talked you might have a good player there too.. could see him get to the NFL on ability and not have it between the ears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT