ADVERTISEMENT

Message to our non-subscribers that frequent the site.

Just because you fail to understand the point doesn't mean it carries no water.

A lot of subscribers likely started out as just members of the free board. And if you really believe that doesn't happen, you wouldn't have wasted time trying to guilt trip people on the free forums
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Mr. Coyle, re-upped and was charged an additional $7+ dollars for fees owed...from a pay once account + the additional I year fee of $99.99....PROBLEM IS I DONT HAVE THE PREMIUM STUFF...So really hard to recommend people Re-up with you, as I did today, then pay Extra and not get the premium boards....
Thank you! Please DM me if this has not rectified itself. I will have it taken care of.

Not that I thought you would even address this since it had to be posted on the boards of the great unwashed...But, I do now have the premium things paid for. I paid to get my access to the Rivals main board back because that is where you can get great info, humor and well TRUE news of the world. The $$$ you get well, it doesn't quite get anything very premium. What Peegs and many others have hit on in the past is that it is the people on the forums that make it great. The guys with inside information that don't get paid to post it. The folks on here that when they post, well people tend to listen and follow. I Live in Florida now, I used to live in Indy, and Bloomington. I don't get much info now because of proximity, but occasionally I get something good and juicy...
I just saw your previous message and replied. I am glad your upgraded status has been reflected on your account. If you have any future issues, please DM me. It is easy for me to miss a response in a thread. Thank you very much for being a subscriber, we all sincerely appreciate your support very much.

Banned 10 times by four different mods, only twice by me, and of the 11 additional warnings, only one from me. I'm going out on a limb here to say I'm not part of that problem.

Lucy is just misunderstood. You shouldn't be so hard on the poor thing. She means well, even if it doesn't come across that way sometimes.

Reactions: Lucy01
HS recruiting will become less and less important as the new NIL game takes shape.
HS recruiting will bounce back some as the COVID babies exit out. This is the last year for COVID babies, so we're effectively losing two years of recruiting classes, the class of 2020 (the last of the COVID babies) and the class of 2021 (the first class didn't get an extra year).

HS recruiting will bounce back some as the COVID babies exit out. This is the last year for COVID babies, so we're effectively losing two years of recruiting classes, the class of 2020 (the last of the COVID babies) and the class of 2021 (the first class didn't get an extra year).
I disagree. HS recruiting will be almost nonexistent for IU with their NIL $. IU will purchase proven college talent rather than the unknown of HS players.

And HS players will start to go where they KNOW they can get substantial playing time, so they can get purchased by the IU’s of the college landscape as sophomores or juniors. It’s a new world we live in. And not for the better, imo.

I disagree. HS recruiting will be almost nonexistent for IU with their NIL $. IU will purchase proven college talent rather than the unknown of HS players.

And HS players will start to go where they KNOW they can get substantial playing time, so they can get purchased by the IU’s of the college landscape as sophomores or juniors. It’s a new world we live in. And not for the better, imo.
We agree on the 'not for the better' part, but I have a database of offers to suggest otherwise.

We'll see how successful IU's recruiting methods go. We're finding that teams that bring a level of stability, presuming the requisite level of talent, to their rosters have been most successful. In the past it made sense to give coaches a good amount of latitude to reshape the roster in their image, especially when they took over an underperforming program. However, that is much easier to do now.

Just like with Crean. Deeper into his tenure at IU when he was still over signing. I said then it created issues on his teams because it didn't give players a feeling of stability. When he couldn't win consistently, we saw what happened. I can't explain Miller. He/his staff just made some bad choices.

We'll get a close look at how this goes. Purdue is bringing in six HS players. They'll have a very different look, but they have a lot of returning players and feel they'll still be battling in the top third of the B1G (if not higher).

Also, NIL is going to shift as well. ROI is starting to creep into discussions. In some cases that might be wins. Other scenarios lean more toward business related issues. Colleges are bracing for the latter, as they have to figure out a way to make these affiliations pay off, not to mention how to blend it in with overall athletics funding.

Drunk and stupid are no ways to go through life, and that's what the transfer portal, mixed with COVID babies and NIL have been the last few years. It won't go back to the way it was, but it will settle in to be a little less chaotic.

Chaos makes for good content though.

We agree on the 'not for the better' part, but I have a database of offers to suggest otherwise.

We'll see how successful IU's recruiting methods go. We're finding that teams that bring a level of stability, presuming the requisite level of talent, to their rosters have been most successful. In the past it made sense to give coaches a good amount of latitude to reshape the roster in their image, especially when they took over an underperforming program. However, that is much easier to do now.

Just like with Crean. Deeper into his tenure at IU when he was still over signing. I said then it created issues on his teams because it didn't give players a feeling of stability. When he couldn't win consistently, we saw what happened. I can't explain Miller. He/his staff just made some bad choices.

We'll get a close look at how this goes. Purdue is bringing in six HS players. They'll have a very different look, but they have a lot of returning players and feel they'll still be battling in the top third of the B1G (if not higher).

Also, NIL is going to shift as well. ROI is starting to creep into discussions. In some cases that might be wins. Other scenarios lean more toward business related issues. Colleges are bracing for the latter, as they have to figure out a way to make these affiliations pay off, not to mention how to blend it in with overall athletics funding.

Drunk and stupid are no ways to go through life, and that's what the transfer portal, mixed with COVID babies and NIL have been the last few years. It won't go back to the way it was, but it will settle in to be a little less chaotic.

Chaos makes for good content though.
I hope you’re right.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I hope you’re right.
What we're definitely seeing is more and more colleges recruit one class at a time, even those who prioritize HS kids do it. A lot LM D1 recruited one class at a time. More MM are doing it now because they have to keep their eye on the portal.

We keep a database for Indiana kids. We're pretty early on -- still -- for the class of 2025. 22 Indiana kids have amassed 175 D1 offers. Only 17 kids in the class of 2024 received a total of 82 offers. (Not including walk-on commitments).

Hopefully we see some return to “normalcy “.

Imho the best thing that could happen to college sports is to see teams bomb on the money they spend (have teams with huge NIL waaaaay underperform). I’m not so sure it can happen to the extent that I would like to see it. I just don’t see how a team that pays 3x what anyone else in their conference pays can possibly tank. They could still “underperform” and be a top 20 team, keeping the boosters happy enough to keep the registers open.

Once the Covid year peels off that will help somewhat.

I’m not optimistic. I fear we may be headed to an environment where the top 10 programs outspend everyone below them combined. But I can hope. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing someone “Kentucky up” and miss the tourney.

Hopefully we see some return to “normalcy “.

Imho the best thing that could happen to college sports is to see teams bomb on the money they spend (have teams with huge NIL waaaaay underperform). I’m not so sure it can happen to the extent that I would like to see it. I just don’t see how a team that pays 3x what anyone else in their conference pays can possibly tank. They could still “underperform” and be a top 20 team, keeping the boosters happy enough to keep the registers open.

Once the Covid year peels off that will help somewhat.

I’m not optimistic. I fear we may be headed to an environment where the top 10 programs outspend everyone below them combined. But I can hope. Nothing would be sweeter than seeing someone “Kentucky up” and miss the tourney.
talent has never been distributed equally, check out the McDonalds AA game the last 20 years, basically Duke takes 5 Uk gets 5 and the rest are spread out. college basketball always has and always will be a coach's game. SEC football has been pay for play for 50 years this really is nothing new. freedom of movement is a much bigger deal than the money. Rick Pitino gave UConn the toughest challenge they had the last month of the season in the Big East tournament with a roster he cobbled together in 3 weeks. find a good too great coach and IU will be successful in any college basketball landscape.

talent has never been distributed equally, check out the McDonalds AA game the last 20 years, basically Duke takes 5 Uk gets 5 and the rest are spread out. college basketball always has and always will be a coach's game. SEC football has been pay for play for 50 years this really is nothing new. freedom of movement is a much bigger deal than the money. Rick Pitino gave UConn the toughest challenge they had the last month of the season in the Big East tournament with a roster he cobbled together in 3 weeks. find a good too great coach and IU will be successful in any college basketball landscape.
I agree with that freedom of movement is a bigger deal than the money. You shouldn’t see a player (imho) play for three teams in a three year span (with no sitting out).

I agree with you on the talent, I’m just afraid that any semblance of parity will be gone if there are no guardrails on pay. If the NBA had 300 teams how fun would it be to watch the Lakers play Noblesville HS?

Yes, pay for play has always existed, but we could sit up on our high horse and look down at the Kentucky types ( we beat those cheaters, despite them having all of that NBA talent).

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
I just saw your previous message and replied. I am glad your upgraded status has been reflected on your account. If you have any future issues, please DM me. It is easy for me to miss a response in a thread. Thank you very much for being a subscriber, we all sincerely appreciate your support very much.
Jim, I enjoyed your interview with Travis Miller. It is always good to hear stories about fathers and sons. They had a bond with baseball. With me and my Dad it was IU basketball.

I agree with that freedom of movement is a bigger deal than the money. You shouldn’t see a player (imho) play for three teams in a three year span (with no sitting out).

I agree with you on the talent, I’m just afraid that any semblance of parity will be gone if there are no guardrails on pay. If the NBA had 300 teams how fun would it be to watch the Lakers play Noblesville HS?

Yes, pay for play has always existed, but we could sit up on our high horse and look down at the Kentucky types ( we beat those cheaters, despite them having all of that NBA talent).
is college football hurting? give me about 6 teams over the next 10 years and I will give you the field, bet you any amount my 6 win more national titles over that span. Lakers v Noblesville isn't much different than IU v Alcorn st, we have sat through about 7 or 8 of those types of games every season. what UConn has done the last 2 years is really amazing they literally haven't been challenged. will be interesting to see where it all goes, at some point the million and billionaires are going to question what they are paying for.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT