ADVERTISEMENT

Message to our non-subscribers that frequent the site.

So Jimmy… you come out and ask for input responses, get them, then call people (me) ignorant and butthurt?? Seems a Robby Benson quote is in order pointed directly at you…

Wow. Easy enough. As many have said there is little gained by reading your efforts you can’t get elsewhere. Hope you get some sleep soon. It’s over due…

Bye

He agreed with your post, so he wasn't referring to you. Read iubud's post.

Reactions: stollcpa
We appreciate everyone, especially our subscribers who support theHoosier.com allowing new, daily content.. For those of you that are not currently supporting the site I will bluntly ask that you begin doing so. Rivals recently made some revolutionary changes to the site that over time will be seen as an improvement and a way of providing a better experience overall. If someone seriously cannot afford the $10/month (.27 cents a day) that a subscription costs, then I understand. Most of you can easily afford the $10 a month, but choose not to be a subscriber for whatever reason. You want more? We are trying to give more. But we need your support to edo that.

But if you are not in that boat there is no reason for not being a subscriber. If you think for one second I, or anyone is getting rich here, well that would be astronomically inaccurate. We only want to be able to provide as much and the most content as possible and try to do just that every day. Everything we do to accomplish that cost money. Staff, payroll, traveling to events, equipment, and on and on. We strive to improve every day and to be better every day. We would like to add some things that we think would add to your experience.

Some things that are coming in the immediate future are basketball related. A basketball analyst for the Premium Forum page. This role will see readers have the opportunity to talk IU hoops in a deeper manner. Game strategy, game results, individual performances, coaching, etc. Separate from that have a new writer who will be focusing solely on basketball recruiting. There will also be more Premium content and less "free" content.

Personally, I would like to see the "free" boards go away. They do not benefit us, but equally bring issues we have to deal with. We are a subscriber based site, not a "click-based" one. I know there are tons of you that float on the "free" boards, but TH.com needs your patronage as a subscriber. If you are a subscriber, thank you! Encourage non-subs to come aboard. I can only ask that you BECOME A SUBSCRIBER today. Seriously, it's .27 cents a day.

Thank you!
I appreciate your honesty, but have you ever considered that the people posting on the free boards have a different pov?

You mention all of the things that you provide, and how all of that costs money. Have you considered that some don’t care at all about the content that is provided?

I agree that $10/month is not much money…

…but, some people are here JUST for the fan forums. And some of these people make contributions to the free boards by the content (posts) that they provide. Saying that someone that is a great poster is “not supporting the site” is hogwash. They may not be supporting a certain business model, but they do contribute to the content, activity, and discussion on the free boards,

I’ve been here since the days of the old IIBF, pre Peegs. I get that you would like to see the free boards go away, and that they don’t align with your business model. But, please consider that some people enjoy just the forum experience. After all, in the internet era content is easy enough to find. $10/mo is small potatoes, but, there is the inconvenience associated with it, and of course some have had poor experiences in trying to cancel. A moderated free site that has high traffic would be my preference. Pushing everyone to a subscription model may work out for you. I just fear it will result in a much smaller pool of posters, with much less room for dissenting opinions.

what they are selling you stated you won't pay for because you can find it free elsewhere. same can be said for what you are selling, I'm a Christian so don't go there, but you profit off Jesus, God bless you
Nobody has to give. If the church did not want a full time pastor they don't have to have one. What church out there has no paid staff whatsoever? You say that I profit. If that means I get paid to work full time then yes. But is that a bad thing?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I appreciate your honesty, but have you ever considered that the people posting on the free boards have a different pov?

You mention all of the things that you provide, and how all of that costs money. Have you considered that some don’t care at all about the content that is provided?

…but, some people are here JUST for the fan forums. And some of these people make contributions to the free boards by the content (posts) that they provide. Saying that someone that is a great poster is “not supporting the site” is hogwash. They may not be supporting a certain business model, but they do contribute to the content, activity, and discussion on the free boards,

I’ve been here since the days of the old IIBF, pre Peegs. I get that you would like to see the free boards go away, and that they don’t align with your business model. But, please consider that some people enjoy just the forum experience. After all, in the internet era content is easy enough to find. $10/mo is small potatoes, but, there is the inconvenience associated with it, and of course some have had poor experiences in trying to cancel. A moderated free site that has high traffic would be my preference. Pushing everyone to a subscription model may work out for you. I just fear it will result in a much smaller pool of posters, with much less room for dissenting opinions.
I agree with this. I don't consume much content from this site and most of what I am interested in I can find or eventually comes out on Twitter. I only recently stopped my membership* because I chose a new career that meant a 30% cut in income paired with a child headed off to college this fall, so we made some cuts that were inconsequential amounts prior, but now, every $10-$15/mo is scrutinized more closely.

*I never could actually cancel. They just had an outdated credit card on file and couldn't renew me. If customer service were better and I felt like I'd be able to cancel easily, I'd consider re-upping. And I realize Jim has no control over that, but it's a strong factor for me.

Reactions: Seyton and nichlee

I would assume even the free forums cost money? @Jim Coyle

Nobody has to give. If the church did not want a full time pastor they don't have to have one. What church out there has no paid staff whatsoever? You say that I profit. If that means I get paid to work full time then yes. But is that a bad thing?
according to you it is, why would someone pay you for information that is readily available for free. would you still preach if the contributions dried up and they quit paying you.

I would assume even the free forums cost money? @Jim Coyle

They definitely would cost money. The benefit of the free forum is it brings more people in and like any brick-and-mortar storefront, having more people present not only makes the site more entertaining for those who are paid subscribers but also offers a daily advertisement to those who are not yet subscribers. Meaning over time they add revenue that wouldn't have been there if it weren't for the free forum drawing traffic to the site in the first place.

Regardless, there's always going to be a cost benefit analysis to determine whether or not the staff finds their time spent generating content/managing the site, is getting its value. I don't know if this type of post is the best approach at improving subscriber numbers, but I also don't know if it's not. I certainly can't blame Jim for trying. What I will say is if the consumer finds something where the value supersedes the cost, especially in the sports world, they'll come. Either by word of mouth or by renewing their subscription from experiencing that value.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
We appreciate everyone, especially our subscribers who support theHoosier.com allowing new, daily content.. For those of you that are not currently supporting the site I will bluntly ask that you begin doing so. Rivals recently made some revolutionary changes to the site that over time will be seen as an improvement and a way of providing a better experience overall. If someone seriously cannot afford the $10/month (.27 cents a day) that a subscription costs, then I understand. Most of you can easily afford the $10 a month, but choose not to be a subscriber for whatever reason. You want more? We are trying to give more. But we need your support to edo that.

But if you are not in that boat there is no reason for not being a subscriber. If you think for one second I, or anyone is getting rich here, well that would be astronomically inaccurate. We only want to be able to provide as much and the most content as possible and try to do just that every day. Everything we do to accomplish that cost money. Staff, payroll, traveling to events, equipment, and on and on. We strive to improve every day and to be better every day. We would like to add some things that we think would add to your experience.

Some things that are coming in the immediate future are basketball related. A basketball analyst for the Premium Forum page. This role will see readers have the opportunity to talk IU hoops in a deeper manner. Game strategy, game results, individual performances, coaching, etc. Separate from that have a new writer who will be focusing solely on basketball recruiting. There will also be more Premium content and less "free" content.

Personally, I would like to see the "free" boards go away. They do not benefit us, but equally bring issues we have to deal with. We are a subscriber based site, not a "click-based" one. I know there are tons of you that float on the "free" boards, but TH.com needs your patronage as a subscriber. If you are a subscriber, thank you! Encourage non-subs to come aboard. I can only ask that you BECOME A SUBSCRIBER today. Seriously, it's .27 cents a day.

Thank you!
To me, it’s two fold. I joined the platform in 2012 and was a premium subscriber for years. I wound up leaving for two main reasons. The most prominent being I got tired of the constant turnover of staff. My experience in the premium board is it’s a bunch of dudes who joined in the early 2000’s and engage heavily with one another but not so much with those who joined later such as I. All good. But, I frankly find the free board more engaging and entertaining. At the end of the day $10 won’t change my life, but it’s somewhat of a principle issue. Why pay for something that provides little to no value, regardless of the cost?

I appreciate the banter and thoughts of the regular posters more than the content provided by the hired help and those running the page. Frankly, most of the content is a repeat of what the posters on here have already said.

I'll never pay for recruiting speculation, and it's nothing more than that no matter what anyone says. IU hasn't landed a primary recruit in the past two classes. You get a year or more of speculation, they land none of them, but fortunately pick up someone last minute. With NIL that nay be the new normal. I don't need a recruiting "guru" or analyst for that.

I understand the predicament of those who own the site and those trying to earn a living from it, but it's not our responsibility to keep it afloat. Not trying to be mean. Just realistic. If it folds tomorrow my life is unchanged. There are other ways ti find news about IU basketball.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Easy fix that will never happen. Make all boards and content available for the $120 a year. If you don’t want the Cooler you can opt out and get access to everything else for $100 a year. If the free boards add any value to the site now, I’m sure it will be a net increase in revenue from those staying and going.

But I’m betting the Cooler people don’t want to stand on their own. I for the life of me don’t u destined why the customers paying the Bills need to justify not wanting something. Give the option and let the chips fall. My guess is whoever makes those decisions, are making them without revenue/profit in mind. Hence the overwhelming issue of why it is available in the first place.
The Cooler is moderated by children (not all, but a couple). Either appoint fair moderators or close it down.

Cry About It Ice Cream GIF by Peppa Pig

The Cooler is moderated by children (not all, but a couple). Either appoint fair moderators or close it down.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT