ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Xmas, Cooler

Screen-Shot-2021-12-08-at-6.51.45-PM.png

I actually love the whole first Christmas album by Over the Rhine (Darkest Night of the Year), but something about this version of this song just hits me differently.

It's called Truthsplain. You are already behind.
I enjoyed the book 1984 also, particularly how the authoritarian government used gaslighting techniques with it's propaganda (doublethink).

Slavery is Freedom
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength

The Ministry of Truth was the State controlled news.
The Ministry of Peace was the military.
The Ministry of Love was the state police force.

Are you going to sign up on Truth Social?

Heard this the other day and gotta admit, it put me in the Christmas mood.

The band is interesting as the musicians are really good (the bass player is walking all over the place here and the horns play an interesting polyrhythm) but the female lead sounds like my girlfriend singing while driving.

It's an interesting dichotomy musically.

Merry Christmas Coolerites!

I enjoyed the book 1984 also, particularly how the authoritarian government used gaslighting techniques with it's propaganda (doublethink).

Slavery is Freedom
War is Peace
Ignorance is Strength

The Ministry of Truth was the State controlled news.
The Ministry of Peace was the military.
The Ministry of Love was the state police force.

Are you going to sign up on Truth Social?

Lol. No way. I don't do any social media, unless you count this forum. I said Truthsplain not Trumpsplain. He's a moron just like Biden.

Not a Merry Christmas in the Netherlands. Big brother says no hugging allowed and lots of sheep will probably follow orders from their ruler! You cannot make this stuff up it is the book 1984.

The Dutch government on Tuesday extended its coronavirus measures until January 14, with Prime Minister Mark Rutte saying that to protect the elderly, this year there would be "no cuddling the grandkids beneath the Christmas tree."

“I understand that this is a bitter message,” Rutte said as he announced that schools would close for Christmas a week earlier than planned. “But it is absolutely necessary to minimize contact between kids and the elderly."

From 5 p.m. to 5 a.m, non-essential shops, restaurants, bars and cultural venues will remain closed, with supermarkets allowed to stay open until 8 p.m.

Not a Merry Christmas in the Netherlands. Big brother says no hugging allowed and lots of sheep will probably follow orders from their ruler! You cannot make this stuff up it is the book 1984.

The Dutch government on Tuesday extended its coronavirus measures until January 14, with Prime Minister Mark Rutte saying that to protect the elderly, this year there would be "no cuddling the grandkids beneath the Christmas tree."

“I understand that this is a bitter message,” Rutte said as he announced that schools would close for Christmas a week earlier than planned. “But it is absolutely necessary to minimize contact between kids and the elderly."

From 5 p.m. to 5 a.m, non-essential shops, restaurants, bars and cultural venues will remain closed, with supermarkets allowed to stay open until 8 p.m.
TG-OneTrickPony.jpg

Reactions: UncleMark
And a Merry Christmas to you as well!

BIDENFLATION will hit US families to the tune of around $3,500 this year: Report​

The Penn Wharton Budge Model on Wednesday released a report containing their new findings, in which it was shown that most US families will need to allocate six percent more of their budget just to cover inflation in 2021.

• Sad
Reactions: 76-1
That one requires a big choir that can BUST that first "FALL on on your knees"

FALL dammit!

That is probably up there as one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Merry Christmas to all of you, Happy Holidays, Happy (belated) Hannukah...I hope all of you get some time over the next few days to spend good time with those you love doing the things you love.

And is that like a problem, you'd rather see grandparents receive last rights? Told you a couple days ago hillbilly, get your whiskey and get an N95, you'll be happier and healthier next week if you heed that. And wtf is this gracious sympathy towards the Dutch? Like are they taking their biking rights away, JHC, they're not going to concentration camps as far as I know. I don't think I'd like you, but you do crack me up.

Last edited:
Often covered, but nothing tops the original...

He tried hard to help me
You know, he put me at ease
And he loved me so naughty
Made me weak in the knees
Oh, I wish I had a river
I could skate away on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT