ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium

That’s totally normal for most places. Iowa was 100 times worse then IU on the concourses.
I remember being at Iowa in 1987. At halftime it was body on body to move in the outer corridors. I'm surprised They haven't done something to correct it, assuming They can do it structurally.

Jack and Diane is not a happy song. It is hilarious to me that you are constantly saying the admin doesn't know what they are doing, and then you suggest that we get the crowd pumped by singing a song that goes:

Oh yeah, life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

What a banger.

We will rock you is fine. Not sure why they scrapped don't stop believin'. Jump Around is not acceptable. If they must use a jumping song, they should use Kris Kross, Van Halen, or both.
Here are three possibilities off the top of my head.
1. "Let The Good Times Roll" Certainly appropriate for this Year.
2. 'Great Balls Of Fire" A toe tapper that should get people involved
3, "Life In The Fast Lane" A great refrain with reference to speed. Just don't get too involved in some of the underlying lyrics that point to the dark side of life.

They’re definitely figuring things out as they go.

It took them til the 4th home game to get the Thunderstruck entrance down.

They’re still trying to figure out their big gimmick between the 3rd & 4th. They tried “Jump Around” yesterday. It did NOT get over with the crowd. They tested “Livin on a Prayer” which didn’t get too big of a reaction. The biggest reaction so far has been “We Will Rock You,” which is passe, but I guess we get what we get.

it’s slow, but what about “Turn the Page?” Probably Metallica version. Seems fairly appropriate
Jump Around is so lame. It's Wisconsin's thing - let them do it.

We got there early and bought three waters, a hotdog, popcorn and a bag of peanuts. We drank the water by halftime and wanted more water but the lines sucked and I'm not a person to wait in a line. It was parchy the second half for my bunch...

Another thing they should consider is putting porta pots throughout the stadium. Waiting in line 20 minutes to pee in a trough sucks...
If they want a way to spend all that Big Ten money, they should build a ring of bathrooms on the outside of the concourses. Make use of the space they have. But..... NOOOOOOOOooooooooo

Reactions: 76-1
I agree!! Booker T. Jones... IU Alum... Distinguished Alumni Service Award...

and the only IU Alum in the Rock & Rock HOF......
I vote for Hoosier Junior Walker and the All Stars.

Tell me 'Shotgun' wouldn't kill it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT