ADVERTISEMENT

Megxit

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
So will one of you Anglophiles tell be what the fuss is all about?

From what I can gather, if the couple says phukat to all their "royal duties" and sets up house in Canada, they might be giving up their financial holdings as well. Is that what it all boils down to? They've had enough of the royalty bullshit, but need to hang onto the money?

From what I can gather, if the couple says phukat to all their "royal duties" and sets up house in Canada, they might be giving up their financial holdings as well. Is that what it all boils down to? They've had enough of the royalty bullshit, but need to hang onto the money?
Righto old chap. Cheers. LOL

Reactions: 76-1

I think they give up the money the royal family gets from the gov't.

But they've no doubt figured they can make much more in the colonies on their own, giving speeches, appearance fees, books, and just being fab in general.

Reactions: red hornet
The only royalty I believe in ... is a royal flush.

royal-flush-172214648-bafb6213188744e981412665b63b6be2.jpg

I think they give up the money the royal family gets from the gov't.

But they've no doubt figured they can make much more in the colonies on their own, giving speeches, appearance fees, books, and just being fab in general.
They want to be the Kardashians. He has a better shot to be King of America than the King of England.

They will be divorced in 5 years or when their reality show is cancelled.

Fyi. Its pronounced phookiat and not what most Americans think it is.

My reading of the situation:

1) Harry has always been a rebel as far as a royal is concerned. There have never been any expectations on him other than to have a certain decorum. In many ways, he is like his mum -- there is a streak of wanting to be a royal and yet wanting to freedom to do what he wants like a commoner.

2) I think Meghan has enlightened or brought up that light of 'personal' freedom to the forefront for Harry.

3) I dont think she has adjusted well to the structure, expectations and the institutional rigidity of the Firm. With her background of constant changes, it must seem all too restrictive for her personal taste.

4) The British Press or some elements of it has been a tad racist towards Meghan. They have diametrically opposite attitude towards William's wife -- who I think is a gold-digger, uber-social climber but is portraited as such an 'elegant', 'demure' and 'civil.'
She has had her claws out indirectly early on to protect her status especially when there was such a clamour for Meghan's stardust at the very start. The Wedding I suspect was a major pivot point for Kate.

The likely outcome -- they will be part of the Firm. There is no way the Queen will cut them loose -- lessons learnt from Diana. Plus Harry is quite popular. They need his acceptable rebelness (good modern-day image) rather than the crap his Uncle Andrew has done (Epstein/Trump teenage parties)

The only royalty I believe in ... is a royal flush.

royal-flush-172214648-bafb6213188744e981412665b63b6be2.jpg
In the movie The Unforgiven English Bob had a different take on royalty.
  • English Bob : [discussing the assassination of President Garfield] Well there's a dignity royalty. A majesty that precludes the likelihood of assassination. If you were to point a pistol at a king or a queen your hands would shakes as though palsied.

Barber : Oh I wouldn't point no pistol at nobody sir.

English Bob : Well that's a wise policy, as wise policy. But if you did. I can assure you, if you did, that the sight of royalty would cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and you would stand... how shall I put it? In awe. Now, a president... well I mean...

[chuckles]

English Bob : why not shoot a president.

They want to be the Kardashians. He has a better shot to be King of America than the King of England.

They will be divorced in 5 years or when their reality show is cancelled.
If they wanted to be the Kardashians, they’d stay in the Royal Family. My guess is it’s pretty much what he said. He saw what that life did to his mother and has no interest.

The bottom line is that the Queen has put forward a new plan for the Firm. She wants to lean-down the Family and have the world focus on the main-line of the people in-line for the throne only. So it will mainly focus on her, Charles, William and kid.

So Harry & Meghan felt slighted and miffed. And so their thinking is ''why should we sacrifice our lives for those in-line when we (H&M) aren't really in the picture.''

It makes sense on a personal level but she signed on to the programme for better or worse -- and before this new lean-down strategy.

The bottom line is that the Queen has put forward a new plan for the Firm. She wants to lean-down the Family and have the world focus on the main-line of the people in-line for the throne only. So it will mainly focus on her, Charles, William and kid.

So Harry & Meghan felt slighted and miffed. And so their thinking is ''why should we sacrifice our lives for those in-line when we (H&M) aren't really in the picture.''

It makes sense on a personal level but she signed on to the programme for better or worse -- and before this new lean-down strategy.
It's a power struggle. She whines and complains and he does what she wants to 'prove' he loves her. Classic case.

Like Diana, she knew what she was getting into and I feel for both Charles and Harry for getting involved with these gold diggers.

It's a power struggle. She whines and complains and he does what she wants to 'prove' he loves her. Classic case.

Like Diana, she knew what she was getting into and I feel for both Charles and Harry for getting involved with these gold diggers.

I dont think its easy to say from the outside the nature of Harry's and Meghan's relationship.But what has been reported was that they were miffed to be excluded out of the main power block within the Palace since they arent in-line for the throne -- unless something catastrophic happens.

Apparently, this photo was the final straw.

QueenPortrait0301a.jpg

I dont think its easy to say from the outside the nature of Harry's and Meghan's relationship.But what has been reported was that they were miffed to be excluded out of the main power block within the Palace since they arent in-line for the throne -- unless something catastrophic happens.

Apparently, this photo was the final straw.

QueenPortrait0301a.jpg
But they knew all that going in.

I think this is Meghan's doing - she wouldn't be the first woman who couldn't get along with her mother-in-law and puts her husband in the middle.

In the movie The Unforgiven English Bob had a different take on royalty.
  • English Bob : [discussing the assassination of President Garfield] Well there's a dignity royalty. A majesty that precludes the likelihood of assassination. If you were to point a pistol at a king or a queen your hands would shakes as though palsied.

Barber : Oh I wouldn't point no pistol at nobody sir.

English Bob : Well that's a wise policy, as wise policy. But if you did. I can assure you, if you did, that the sight of royalty would cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and you would stand... how shall I put it? In awe. Now, a president... well I mean...

[chuckles]

English Bob : why not shoot a president.
That exchange always irked me. When the movie was set, Victoria had already survived at least eight assassination attempts. English Bob was full of shit.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT