ADVERTISEMENT

Media needs to stop calling races early *

There were 36 votes in and they gave trump a check. Candidates spent $1,100 per vote
I think it's over $1,200 per person that voted, just for TV ads. Let's be honest though, over 50% of those people (maybe 80%?) would've voted in the same manner without any propaganda TV ads all political parties' use. On one hand, the money is merely invested in media and local businesses but at what cost? Large corporations holding politician's hostage when it comes time to negotiating legislation that allows for corporations to ask for bigger tax breaks that in return will result in a larger donation to that politician? All of this falls to the hands of small businesses and the general public being the ones funding this heist in the end.

But I do love seeing election fraud claims in a republican primary.........going against the media. It's comical at this point.

Reactions: UncleMark
I think it's over $1,200 per person that voted, just for TV ads. Let's be honest though, over 50% of those people (maybe 80%?) would've voted in the same manner without any propaganda TV ads all political parties' use. On one hand, the money is merely invested in media and local businesses but at what cost? Large corporations holding politician's hostage when it comes time to negotiating legislation that allows for corporations to ask for bigger tax breaks that in return will result in a larger donation to that politician? All of this falls to the hands of small businesses and the general public being the ones funding this heist in the end.

But I do love seeing election fraud claims in a republican primary.........going against the media. It's comical at this point.
The money involved is pure madness

Trump daddy did well last night. His victory speech was strangely magnanimous, his Fox News townhall last week was as well.

If he takes this kinder, gentler tact moving forward, I like his chances in the general. Basically run the Biden basement campaign, stay out of the headlines, and force the voters to make a referendum on Biden.

Fani Willis is making a fool of herself daily, deranged Jack Smith is not getting his way with SCOTUS, no one cares about the NYC case(s). The indictments are floundering and losing credibility, if they ever had any.

Keep chugging along Trump daddy.

Trump daddy did well last night. His victory speech was strangely magnanimous, his Fox News townhall last week was as well.

If he takes this kinder, gentler tact moving forward, I like his chances in the general. Basically run the Biden basement campaign, stay out of the headlines, and force the voters to make a referendum on Biden.

Fani Willis is making a fool of herself daily, deranged Jack Smith is not getting his way with SCOTUS, no one cares about the NYC case(s). The indictments are floundering and losing credibility, if they ever had any.

I'll give you 10 to 1 odds on Trump remaining magnanimous and low key, staying out of the headlines, in this campaign.

The media is missing a key piece here. Trump is a former sitting president so the expectation should be that he walks away with the Iowa caucus well higher than he did. For example, in the 2020 IA caucus, he won 97% of the votes and still lost the general election. The problem the republicans are facing is Trump was at his strongest during the 2020 election and he lost. Since then, he's only lost more votes than he had so the best chance for republicans is to choose another candidate, but Trump has control of the majority of this minority base. It's a recipe for disaster.

The media is missing a key piece here. Trump is a former sitting president so the expectation should be that he walks away with the Iowa caucus well higher than he did. For example, in the 2020 IA caucus, he won 97% of the votes and still lost the general election. The problem the republicans are facing is Trump was at his strongest during the 2020 election and he lost. Since then, he's only lost more votes than he had so the best chance for republicans is to choose another candidate, but Trump has control of the majority of this minority base. It's a recipe for disaster.
The problem Dems face is Biden was at his strongest in 2020. He ended last year with the lowest rating of a president in modern history

What Biden has going for him he is cockblocked and won’t get anything he wants done this year so things will continue to improve

I'll give you 10 to 1 odds on Trump remaining magnanimous and low key, staying out of the headlines, in this campaign.
For sure. It’s his nature. He can’t help it. If he wasn’t he’d just keep hammering the differences between 2019 and 2023 and the actions and consequences of Biden and the progressives from 2020-2022. Instead he’ll play the victim, lie about election fraud, and attack the other side about stuff that has zero impact on the lives of voters.

Election 2024 Dumb and Dumber

Reactions: YOTHN and jbstipp
I read an article yesterday that no Republican has ever garnered more than 50% in an Iowa caucus in a contested primary. (I'm thinking they have a particular definition for "contested" that is more than a technical one). Trump got 52%. He also had the largest margin of victory for a contested Iowa caucus in history.

Trump is going to roll through this primary season. It's Trump v. Biden. Everyone needs to accept that fact.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I read an article yesterday that no Republican has ever garnered more than 50% in an Iowa caucus in a contested primary. (I'm thinking they have a particular definition for "contested" that is more than a technical one). Trump got 52%. He also had the largest margin of victory for a contested Iowa caucus in history.

Trump is going to roll through this primary season. It's Trump v. Biden. Everyone needs to accept that fact.
Yup

I think Desantis wants to keep going, hoping against hope, that trump ends up in jail. So he’s in a race against Haley.

Reactions: DANC
I think Desantis wants to keep going, hoping against hope, that trump ends up in jail. So he’s in a race against Haley.
Trump being in jail won't matter. The only thing that could stop Trump is the SCt upholding Co and ruling that Trump committed insurrection and cannot hold the office of President. And you know my feelings on how they are going to decide.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Trump being in jail won't matter. The only thing that could stop Trump is the SCt upholding Co and ruling that Trump committed insurrection and cannot hold the office of President. And you know my feelings on how they are going to decide.
well if the S.Ct does hold that trump can't hold office we may actually see an uprising. in that case allow this post to serve as your formal invitation to the outpost the dream team will have on spartans' land. please understand that this offer doesn't constitute an invitation to join the dream team. it's an invitation for protection and nothing more. the temperament you've displayed prohibits your membership. it's not personal. it's just business

I don't understand why you guys still believe bars are going to stop this. American voters will elect a felon. Okay? Locking him up only improves his odds.
Ga is impt. trump can pardon the fed stuff i believe. but i genuinely believe trump can beat biden. biden has myriad problems from the disaster of when he could get things done to the outrage young voters have over israel to his advanced age. that said many voters i believe will recognize that there is a practical issue of governance from jail. as in how in the heck would it even work.

tho all of this is just conjecture as i'm not sure how trump could end up in jail in ga at 78 years old with zero priors etc

A vote for Trump is a vote for Biden. Haley projects as the only Pub that will beat him.

Personally, I don't want four more years of this crap.

Reactions: YOTHN
Ga is impt. trump can pardon the fed stuff i believe. but i genuinely believe trump can beat biden. biden has myriad problems from the disaster of when he could get things done to the outrage young voters have over israel to his advanced age. that said many voters i believe will recognize that there is a practical issue of governance from jail. as in how in the heck would it even work.

tho all of this is just conjecture as i'm not sure how trump could end up in jail in ga at 78 years old with zero priors etc
Oh I don't think he will serve time. I'm just speaking to what I think his incarceration would do to the election. I think it would help him.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
There were 36 votes in and they gave trump a check. Candidates spent $1,100 per vote
Was at a local "leftist" bar while daughter was at soccer during the 2020 election east coast poll closings (closest bar to the field). About the only time they had the TV on, and the whole bar is eagerly awaiting results on CNN. Clock hits 7pm or whatever, and the east coast polls close.

IMMEDIATELY...IMMEDIATELY...the first state is called, like 10 secs after 7pm (or whatever), and it's Indiana for Trump. :D

Whole place was bitching and complaining...like their team missed the NCAA's or something after notching 20+ wins. :D So funny.

The problem Dems face is Biden was at his strongest in 2020. He ended last year with the lowest rating of a president in modern history

What Biden has going for him he is cockblocked and won’t get anything he wants done this year so things will continue to improve
Not to mention Hunter's future(?) testimony and continued 'loan' payments directly to Joe

Maybe some of the Trump faction have adopted the oppressed vs oppressor dynamic that progressives are conditioned to apply to every situation.🤔
I honestly think that is part of the psychology of the diehards. Not every one, and not all of it, but definitely a part. And everyone does it, to an extent.

He doesn't seem to spike the ball when he wins though is what I'm getting at. He let Hillary off the hook, he mended fences with Ted Cruz and Lil Marco. Wasn't overly harsh on any of the other candidates last night.

He'll throw the entire kitchen sink at you if he sees you as an opponent, but is always willing to welcome people back into the fold (assuming he wins of course). Some people wont allow themselves to be brought back into the fold, that is their own vanity.

He doesn't seem to spike the ball when he wins though is what I'm getting at. He let Hillary off the hook, he mended fences with Ted Cruz and Lil Marco. Wasn't overly harsh on any of the other candidates last night.

He'll throw the entire kitchen sink at you if he sees you as an opponent, but is always willing to welcome people back into the fold (assuming he wins of course). Some people wont allow themselves to be brought back into the fold, that is their own vanity.
For sure. We need look no further than omarosa

Oh its definitely Trump vs Biden and that is horrifically sad. I can't fathom anyone is questioning that at this point.

What I am saying is the media is quoting what you're saying, "no republican has ever garnered more than 50% in an Iowa caucus". In 2020 it was a contested election, there were 2 candidates who went against Trump, DJT just happened to win in a landslide of 97% so I would love to know how they determined it was uncontested. Uncontested would mean there was no competitor in the running and there clearly was. Do they consider a caucus where the sitting president is running to be uncontested?

Reactions: BradStevens

haha Yes, it's such a hard and commendable thing to be a good winner. How is he at losing? Also, his political opponents like Cruz and Rubio turned about face and started back Trump and at that point Trump "mended fences". We have to be a little less bias than to live in that make believe land you just manufactured.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
haha Yes, it's such a hard and commendable thing to be a good winner. How is he at losing? Also, his political opponents like Cruz and Rubio turned about face and started back Trump and at that point Trump "mended fences". We have to be a little less bias than to live in that make believe land you just manufactured.
A hate-filled heart is hard to see. I will pray for you.

Only 110,998 people "voted" in the Iowa Republican caucus. That's 15% of the 752,200 registered Republicans in Iowa and just a little less than the population of Evansville, Indiana.

And, if you're curious, that compares to 20-30% turnouts at recent Iowa Republican caucuses.

So, the whole country is paying attention to a tiny group smaller than Evansville in a caucus that many Republicans themselves in Iowa ignored.

Reactions: UncleMark
It only needs to matter in a few states.

I love your take on politics .. only because they are nothing but pure bullshit.

I love your take on politics .. only because they are nothing but pure bullshit.
i'm teaching you what you can't learn in the cult

manchin blocks build back better

house flips

Not much done

things slowly improving. in spite of, not because of TM

Bam!

Only 110,998 people "voted" in the Iowa Republican caucus. That's 15% of the 752,200 registered Republicans in Iowa

Yeah, and these are the outliers. These are the people who still believe Biden is not the legitimate President (65% said so going into the caucuses). The sane people either stayed home because of the cold or because they knew Trump would win and didn't want to bother.

Oh its definitely Trump vs Biden and that is horrifically sad. I can't fathom anyone is questioning that at this point.

What I am saying is the media is quoting what you're saying, "no republican has ever garnered more than 50% in an Iowa caucus". In 2020 it was a contested election, there were 2 candidates who went against Trump, DJT just happened to win in a landslide of 97% so I would love to know how they determined it was uncontested. Uncontested would mean there was no competitor in the running and there clearly was. Do they consider a caucus where the sitting president is running to be uncontested?
I mean, it kinda was. There were no serious contenders.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT