ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile in the MAL documents case...

Did Trump, Biden and Hillary break the law in their documents cases?
Are the following situations the same?

1) going 10 mph over the speed limit and stopping when a cop pulls you over

2) going 10 mph over the speed limit and then flooring it when a cop tries to pull you over

The first one may get a warning. The 2nd one is highly unlikely to get just a warning

Reactions: Bill4411
I don’t care about Trump either. But I do care if Biden and Hillary walk and Trump doesn't. I care that these deals with Trump are political.
Again not to belabor the point but I think many in the five counties that make up this pool will feel the same.

Okay I’m off to watch euros. My own Fing game got cancelled for heat. Sucks. Maybe this climate shit is real.

Nothing should ever be cancelled in #WHITEBOYSUMMER

Super crabby now

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I said that HRC should have been charged with gross negligence level of mishandling classified information. Biden’s could have been same or deliberate (harder case to make) but he couldn’t be charged until no longer President. He also didn’t lie to the FBI or try to prevent their return. Trump’s is undoubtedly deliberate, plus lying (via lawyer at his request) and obstructed their return. You do see the stark difference, don’t you?

Last edited:

Yes. You happy?

Now, let's say I get busted for speeding, 70mph in a 55. You get busted for doing 85 in the same stretch. And Aloha (we all know how he is) gets clocked at 105. Should these infractions be viewed the same?

I would like to think I’d convict him but I’d certainly consider nullification. I don’t know how I’d feel about effectively disenfranchising half the country of their vote. The Republican nomination. That MIGHT feel bigger to me than his charges. I don’t know.

After the election I’d convict him without a thought. I don’t care about him
Americans can still vote for him if he’s a convicted felon at this point. Shouldn’t they know the person they are voting for is a felon?

Last edited:
I don’t care about Trump either. But I do care if Biden and Hillary walk and Trump doesn't. I care that these deals with Trump are political.
Are you ignoring that Pence was also caught with classified documents?

You screaming it is political is no different than when black people overuse the racist card.

The difference isn't political party. The difference is cooperating with law enforcement with returning said documents.

Yes. You happy?

Now, let's say I get busted for speeding, 70mph in a 55. You get busted for doing 85 in the same stretch. And Aloha (we all know how he is) gets clocked at 105. Should these infractions be viewed the same?
Thanks!

As for the speeding, the law clearly defines the fines based on the speed.

Yes. You happy?

Hey! I rarely drive that fast, but I do it safely when I do. ;)

Americans can still vote for him if he’s a convicted felon at this point. Shouldn’t they know the person they voted for is a felon?
That doesn’t address stoll’s point re Biden and Clinton. Without that people will think he’s being selectively prosecuted and an excuse for nullification. Trump’s bad but so are they.

Thanks!

Yes! This is exactly what I’ve been trying to explain. HRC was going 10 miles over, Biden was 10-20, Trump was 50 over, weaving in and out of traffic than trying to outrun the police by speeding up to 180 (top speed of my car incidentally) and driving on the wrong side of the road. This is what we have here.

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
I said that HRCshould have been charged with gross negligence level of mishandling classified information. Biden’s could have been same or deliberate (harder case to make) but he couldn’t be charged until no longer President. He also didn’t lie to the FBI or try to prevent their return. Trump’s is undoubtedly deliberate, plus losing (via lawyer at his request) and obstructed their return. You do see the stark difference, don’t you?
I see all three breaking the law and two walking. The third isn’t walking. He isn’t walking because he’s Donald J Trump and he’s pissed off a lot of people being loud, obnoxious and republican running for president. .

• Sad
Reactions: Bill4411
Yes! This is exactly what I’ve been trying to explain. HRC was going 10 miles over, Biden was 10-20, Trump was 50 over, weaving in and out of traffic than trying to outrun the police by speeding up to 180 (top speed of my car incidentally) and driving on the wrong side of the road. This is what we have here.
But all three broke the law and two are walking without even a light fine.

I said that HRCshould have been charged with gross negligence level of mishandling classified information. Biden’s could have been same or deliberate (harder case to make) but he couldn’t be charged until no longer President. He also didn’t lie to the FBI or try to prevent their return. Trump’s is undoubtedly deliberate, plus losing (via lawyer at his request) and obstructed their return. You do see the stark difference, don’t you?
Trump also tried to flood the room where had documents stored? His maintenance guy also was indicted. And when folks who served in his first cabinet call him a threat to national security, you can start guessing why he held onto the volume and criticality of those documents.

I see all three breaking the law and two walking. The third isn’t walking. He isn’t walking because he’s Donald J Trump and he’s pissed off a lot of people being loud, obnoxious and republican running for president. .
...and breaking the law to the most egregious degree possible.

That doesn’t address stoll’s point re Biden and Clinton. Without that people will think he’s being selectively prosecuted and an excuse for nullification. Trump’s bad but so are they.
I can’t help that people don’t grasp how much more egregious and (potentially) criminal Trump’s case is. I wish people could, but they can’t. In most cases it’s just ignorance but in others it’s willfull ignorance.

Reactions: Indyhorn and T.M.P.
But all three broke the law and two are walking without even a light fine.
Why do you ignore the fact that speeding is only one of the charges and there are several additional charges in Trump’s case? This is a serious question.

Please read the indictment. With an open mind. These cases aren’t even close to the same.

PS. Pence’s case is essentially the same level as Biden’s. Not sure why you aren’t including him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indyhorn
...and breaking the law to the most egregious degree possible.
I will never agree that it’s okay for Hillary and Biden to walk scott free and Trump is punished to the full extent of the law. Just admit different rules were applied to Trump because Trump.

And unfortunately that’s how our system works. Too many times it matters most who you are and who you know when justice is handed out. I’ve watched it locally for many years.

Thanks!

But it also up to the cop on warning or ticket.

Warning is more likely when barely going over the limit vs majorly going over the limit. The latter can also lead to charges of reckless driving.

You have no leg to stand on pretending trump's issue with classified documents is equal to Pence, Biden or Hilary. Of course, omitting Pence because it doesn't fit your argument is proof your complaints are based on politics, not the case.

Why did the justice department allow the SOL run on the most egregious years of Hunter Biden’s tax fraud? It was for nothing more than political favoritism just like Hillary and President Biden walking. Pence walked because the democrats don’t give a damn about going after him and he’s properly criticized Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Not trying to pick a fight Aloha but I think you are as hard core against Trump as DBM is for Trump. I don’t think if you were on a jury you would be unbiased in your decision. That’s where we are with Trump.

Would I be unbiased? I don’t know. In the documents case it would be tuff for me knowing Biden and Hillary both walked. I don’t need to hear how much more egregious Trump’s case is. If Trump is guilty, they are both guilty of breaking the law and they walked away free.
Aloha is more like DBM and Mas than he will ever admit.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So what is the answer? If Trump is so reviled that he can't get a fair trial, does he get a free pass?
It's a hard question, I think, with no clear right or wrong answer.

I worry the pragmatic cost of trying him isn't worth it. Public shunning and letting him fade into irrelevance (like he was doing before all these indictments came out) would be the best way to treat this issue, I think.

I also, though, don't think much of most of the charges brought against him. For me, in the cases where there is no clear victim, wisdom points towards forbearance.

I worry the pragmatic cost of trying him isn't worth it. Public shunning and letting him fade into irrelevance (like he was doing before all these indictments came out) would be the best way to treat this issue, I think.

I also, though, don't think much of most of the charges brought against him. For me, in the cases where there is no clear victim, wisdom points towards forbearance.
If he had ridden off into the sunset and not absconded with all the state secrets I'd agree. But that's not what happened.

Why did the justice department allow the SOL run on the most egregious years of Hunter Biden’s tax fraud? It was for nothing more than political favoritism just like Hillary and President Biden walking. Pence walked because the democrats don’t give a damn about going after him and he’s properly criticized Trump.
The Hunter Biden investigation started during the Trump administration under the Trump DOJ with a Trump appointed US attorney (Weiss), who was kept on during the Biden administration as a Special Presecutor to continue the investigation to avoid any political influence on the investigation. Is Trump incapable of hiring competent law enforcement professionals? Incidentally, that Hunter Biden was prosecuted and convicted (with another one coming) kind of makes every accusation that this is all political look unsupportable.

Last edited:

Yup. But he’s running again so he invited it to a degree w respect to fading away. The problem you hit on is the cases and their attendant impacts. The Ny stormy d case is so dumb and the assault case is so absurd from the size of the award to the sol that it makes trump look like a target. Throw in the goofy prosecutor in Atlanta with a financial benefit and Biden having docs but the prosecutor saying he’s too old and memory too shot to bother and the entire thing looks like a poorly concerted political hit job (perception)

Reactions: BradStevens
You are a conservative republican who is rooting for Joe Biden.
No. I'm a conservative Republican who knows that Trump is unfit for the office of President.

I've said since Haley dropped out that I'd probably do a write in vote for the first time. How is your name spelled? You'd be better than Trump or Biden.

No. I'm a conservative Republican who knows that Trump is unfit for the office of President.

I've said since Haley dropped out that I'd probably do a write in vote for the first time. How is your name spelled? You'd be better than Trump or Biden.
For someone who thinks they’re BOTH unfit for office, you do a HELL of a lot more bitching about Trump.

Just admit different rules were applied to Trump because Trump.
After you admit that your affinity for Trump and your unfounded perception of old white GOP men getting unfair treatment in general has caused a bias where you can't see clearly.

It's quite possible that the real problem with bias is you.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
For someone who thinks they’re BOTH unfit for office, you do a HELL of a lot more bitching about Trump.
Yep. If Biden's election (by the way, I did NOT say he was totally unfit - just that he's declining, which he is), and the defeat of all the Trumpsters running for office, is what it takes to purge the GOP of this disease, I'm willing to live with it.

Fact is, like last time, I'll most likely vote for all Republicans but against Trump in the Presidential race. I can't write in your name if you don't tell me what it is. I don't think Hoopsdoc1978 is going to be a valid vote.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT