ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy

Still 6 holdouts. He needs two more.

Thinking final vote will come this afternoon with four of the seven voting against McCarthy changing to give him a majority of 217 of those voting.

More than four might switch when they see the writing on the wall.

Thinking final vote will come this afternoon with four of the seven voting against McCarthy changing to give him a majority of 217 of those voting.

More than four might switch when they see the writing on the wall.

Hoot blows it.

McCarthy appears to have failed again. Tiny gain of 1 or 2 but not 4.

Reactions: UncleMark
Spartz voted McCarthy. Yay more money for the new disc golf course in Zionsville!
I saw Spartz interviewed last night on CNN and it was incoherent babbling / cliches.

How in the world did she win anything?

I saw Spartz interviewed last night on CNN and it was incoherent babbling / cliches.

How in the world did she win anything?
She's pretty tame, bland, Carmelite, professional. That alone gets you 30%. Ukrainian. Lotta transplants around Hamilton County these days. She won a district where Biden did pretty well considering.

Reactions: DANC
She's pretty tame, bland, Carmelite, professional. That alone gets you 30%. Ukrainian. Lotta transplants around Hamilton County these days. She won a district where Biden did pretty well considering.
Spartz seems idealistic to me. I like that. She's not devious enough for Congress, which is also why I like her.

A real Mrs. Spartz Goes To Washington.

Spartz seems idealistic to me. I like that. She's not devious enough for Congress, which is also why I like her.

A real Mrs. Spartz Goes To Washington.
I wouldn't go that far. She's new in the game.

As a Republican, what I want is pretty simple:

- a DOJ that doesn't have a double standard, depending on your political bent

- A government that pays for its spending, within a balanced budget.

- Strong defense so other countries aren't tempted to confront us.

- Restructure Social Security and Medicare so they are financially viable.

- Implement a guest worker program and enforce immigration laws

- a government that stays the hell out of private businesses and stops censuring opposing political views (see the DOJ comment above)

- stay the hell out of schools - all schools

That's really about all I want. It's up to the legislature and executive branch to figure out how to implement - I'm available for consultation.

I would think these would be the goals of Democrats, too, and instead of worrying about 'equity', worry about equal opportunity. I realize that's like hoping there are unicorns.

LOL. Yeah, government should "stay the hell out of schools". There should be no educational standards for the benefit of children.

And even though there is no CRT being taught in any school, we need to have conservatives threaten and intimidate people who are dedicated to the education of our children.

Reactions: anon_mya1phvcpf5x4
LOL. Yeah, government should "stay the hell out of schools". There should be no educational standards for the benefit of children.

And even though there is no CRT being taught in any school, we need to have conservatives threaten and intimidate people who are dedicated to the education of our children.
No CRT? Have you not been reading this board?

As I had to explain - something I thought was obvious - was I was talking about the federal government. I have no issue with states establishing academic standards.

Adjourned until 10pm.

In the absence of a Speaker how is it determined when the next election occurs ?

My guess is there must be a set of rules established to guide elections.

Anybody out there who can tell us.

In the absence of a Speaker how is it determined when the next election occurs ?

I believe it’s done by vote of the committee of the whole (whole house). Presided over by the clerk of the House until a Speaker is selected.

There should be a House Rules of Parliamentary Procedure online I’d imagine.

Reactions: UncleMark

IIUC, the only things that can be done are vote to convene, adjourn, and elect a Speaker.

Who made the decision to take down the metal detectors that were installed after January 6? Just curious .

I don't understand him anymore.

Oh no. I think that might be your fault, still trusting or thinking there was anything to understand about this guy to start with. Trump has some type of skin in the game, obviously. Whatever the discussion was when Kev went down to Maralargo after criticizing Trump, Donnie obviously has him by the you know what. That’s all he cares about. Obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I don't understand him anymore.

In case you haven’t caught on yet. The guy is not going to be president in 2024. He hasn’t left Florida since he announced he was running.

Sometimes he makes it down to Miami for golf, that’s it. He can feel how small his circle has gotten, he’s not completely clueless. He knows the odds of a 2024 R nomination are slim, a win in the general impossible.

This is his new role, “kingmaker” cheering from the sidelines supporting candidates who are a forgone conclusion.

If he were serious about being president you think he would be burning months down in Florida while he’s the only candidate in the Republican field?

He’ll probably show up to the debates, he’ll do his song and dance, but this time it will feel much more like an episode of the apprentice than real life. And the winner of the season won’t be him.

In case you haven’t caught on yet. The guy is not going to be president in 2024. He hasn’t left Florida since he announced he was running.

Sometimes he makes it down to Miami for golf, that’s it. He can feel how small his circle has gotten, he’s not completely clueless. He knows the odds of a 2024 R nomination are slim, a win in the general impossible.

This is his new role, “kingmaker” cheering from the sidelines supporting candidates who are a forgone conclusion.

If he were serious about being president you think he would be burning months down in Florida while he’s the only candidate in the Republican field?

He’ll probably show up to the debates, he’ll do his song and dance, but this time it will feel much more like an episode of the apprentice than real life. And the winner of the season won’t be him.
He's the nominee unless he bows out. Now the mail in ballot scam complicates the general election.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT