ADVERTISEMENT

Mayberry Fred

No last names on jerseys. No beer sold in stadium. Outdated Adidas gear.

Does he let Tom Allen have a bullet for his pocket.

I have it on good authority (8 sources) that Fred has in fact provided Tom with not just 1 but, in fact, 2 bullets (both Hornady Critical Duty .45 Auto + P FlexLock 220 Grain [no expense was spared]), one for him and one for his OC...

He is expected however, to share a firearm with the basketball staff...

Last edited:
No last names on jerseys. No beer sold in stadium. Outdated Adidas gear.

Does he let Tom Allen have a bullet for his pocket.

I have it on good authority (8 sources) that Fred has in fact provided Tom not just 1 but in fact 2 bullets (both Hornady Critical Duty .45 Auto + P FlexLock 220 Grain [no expense was spared]), one for him and one for his OC...

He is expected however, to share a pistol with the basketball staff...
no yiu got that wrong. Archie has his own gun, Tom has to share with the other 22 teams

Not having names on the back of the jersey has really hurt Alabama, Notre Dame and PSU. Our facilities are just fine but some just won't ever be happy with Glass no matter what he does. He could spend more money on football than any other team in the big ten and they would still find something to find wrong. Facilities are not the reason we don't get recruits it is because we have no history in football. We need to fill the stadium and show recruits that the fans care about football but when the stadium is half empty it does not show that. It is funny that some say the athletic office does not care about football but to me the fans don't care about the program.
Northwestern has a long history in football, most of
it is bad, but they seem to be doing alright.

When the football payroll ranks last in the B10
that screams Dollar Store.

Reactions: iulb and 76-1
My problem with Fred Glass?

Our football program is 40-77 in his tenure.

Nice job Fred Rogers.

Do you show up for as many games as you're able to AND stay to the final snap no matter what the score?

If you don't you need to take a hard look in the mirror (as do many of us) because, in my opinion, you're a Big part of the problem.

Recruits see full stadiums versus 1/4 full stadiums and That Does Matter to them...

So every time you, me, and all the rest of us leave early or don't even bother to show up to fill "the Quarry" then We are the biggest part of the problem, in my opinion.

I used to think nebraska had the most delusional fanbase ever. BUT some of the people on this board are just...There are no words

Reactions: fpeaugh
You guys do realize that no teams at IU in any sport have names on the jerseys right (I’m 99% sure of that...)? I really couldn’t care less about this either way, but just pointing out that this shouldn’t be a surprise.

For me, wtf cares, let’s play ball

Reactions: 76-1 and kmathum
I'm fairly certain family and friends will make the effort to know their guys number. Will they be less proud??
I showed you the opinion of an actual player. I value his opinion much more than yours. That was my point.

Reactions: IUgradman
I showed you the opinion of an actual player. I value his opinion much more than yours. That was my point.

You mean former player. If you play well enough to get recognized, people will figure out your name anyway. How many people in the stands can actually see the names on the player's jersey when they are on the field? Mostly depend on the announcer and jumbotron to point out the player's name anyway.

Reactions: 76-1
Here is my thing. Is the name being left off of the back of the jersey really a difference maker? We keep talking about what small difference it apparently "doesn't" make but what big difference DOES it make? To me, names or no names doesn't make the team better. The shtick that was applied to the nameless jerseys back when it was new and sentimental (pre WWII) has no application to today's teams. It doesn't make Alabama or Penn State any better because of no names. It's not a unique custom to anyone. It truly just makes it harder for fans to identify players early on.

It's true, IU has invested more in its football program over the last decade........but only because the money we've received has risen. With that said, it can be proven that when in comparison to larger programs, we are pretty much in the same place of investment as we were 2 decades ago.

Last edited:
I bet next year Fred will offer up a new tradition of everyone meeting up after the game at the soda shop for a root beer float. Maybe throw a few nickels into the juke box?

Not a bad idea. Do we put the shop in the N or S endzone or in the Memorial Union?

You mean former player. If you play well enough to get recognized, people will figure out your name anyway. How many people in the stands can actually see the names on the player's jersey when they are on the field? Mostly depend on the announcer and jumbotron to point out the player's name anyway.
Did you forget the games are on TV?

Well, ironically enough, Ogunleye and Fant have both voiced their displeasure with removing the names. Thereby, this is obviously something that is bothersome for the players themselves. So as you were saying?

Reactions: IUgradman
trolls who aren't even IU fans dominate this board more and more each day.

they aren't here just because they're board.

and they aren't going away on their own.

trolls who aren't even IU fans dominate this board more and more each day.

they aren't here just because they're board.

and they aren't going away on their own.
Let me get this straight...you think that there is a group of people that hates Indiana football so much that they sit around reading every silly post on this message board and coming up with trolling retorts to get us riled up and hurt our feelings? Dear Lord, if only OUR fans cared that much. We can't even show up to six flipping games, during the best weather we have all year, to watch us play in the most talented division in all of college football.

Well, ironically enough, Ogunleye and Fant have both voiced their displeasure with removing the names. Thereby, this is obviously something that is bothersome for the players themselves. So as you were saying?

Links to those players voicing their displeasure?

Let me get this straight...you think that there is a group of people that hates Indiana football so much that they sit around reading every silly post on this message board and coming up with trolling retorts to get us riled up and hurt our feelings? Dear Lord, if only OUR fans cared that much. We can't even show up to six flipping games, during the best weather we have all year, to watch us play in the most talented division in all of college football.
Yeah they are called Purdue fans

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT