ADVERTISEMENT

May to Michigan

Would be upgrade over what we got, but i really feel we dodge a bullet sort of.
I’m afraid you’re gonna be the board joke for the next 20 years. Only because I despise Michigan, I hope you’re right, but I’m not sure. Dude might win multiple natty’s up there. Ruins any chance we ever had to bring him home.

Hmm...what else can happen to make our program and administration look like bigger jackasses....not sure I wanted May but I don't want him in the B10

Last edited:
Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
Is May a better coach the Woodson absolutely. Is he the next Stevens dont know but if he his is this will be the end of Dolson. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his ass and gets somebody big next year he is a dead man walking. And trust me people we will be looking for a new coach next season.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I’m afraid you’re gonna be the board joke for the next 20 years. Only because I despise Michigan, I hope you’re right, but I’m not sure. Dude might win multiple natty’s up there. Ruins any chance we ever had to bring him home.
Michigan basketball is a place that is harder to win than most other B1G schools. Transfer academic requirements and NIL boosters putting all their money into football makes for a difficult combo. The Michigan brand carries a lot but the second biggest thing related to Michigan basketball was just part of what UM moved on from.

I wish him all the luck that isn't beating IU or winning a championship. I could easily see this turn into an Archie Millers situation however.

Is May a better coach the Woodson absolutely. Is he the next Stevens dont know but if he his is this will be the end of Dolson. Unless he pulls a rabbit out of his ass and gets somebody big next year he is a dead man walking. And trust me people we will be looking for a new coach next season.
Whether or not may can succeed I guess he has tons of Indiana hs connections and will probably get alot if indiana hs kids including sisley.

So, May takes his team to the final four last year and most everyone drools over him as the next great coach. He then brings back virtually the same team from that year and loses the first round game against a depleted NW squad. Unbelievable.

Whether or not may can succeed I guess he has tons of Indiana hs connections and will probably get alot if indiana hs kids including sisley.
Frankly, we aren’t winning any recruiting wars in Indiana with Woodson at the helm, especially with Painter up at Purdue, too. All of the top Indiana kids will go to Purdue, Mich St, and now Michigan. Perhaps if Shrewsberry gets ND going, he’ll get some, too. IU will be completely off their radar.

Frankly, we aren’t winning any recruiting wars in Indiana with Woodson at the helm, especially with Painter up at Purdue, too. All of the top Indiana kids will go to Purdue, Mich St, and now Michigan. Perhaps if Shrewsberry gets ND going, he’ll get some, too. IU will be completely off their radar.
It’s great we have thrown away the rich recruiting ground that is our home state. A state where kids generally like Indiana, and everyone here learns how to shoot. It was a unique advantage for us.

Genius move from IUBB.

Last edited:
I disagree. With NIL money and the portal there is zero reason to keep coaches past 3 years if they are struggling. Plus Woodson is old. Treat them like they do in the NFL or NBA.
I agree anoht being an upgrade over Woodson. I'm just saying I, personally don't view May as the savior for IU Hoops. For his sake, I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: snarlcakes
I saw the Burton kid from Penn a lot during his high school years. You could tell he was a gamer. ND got them a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT