ADVERTISEMENT

Masculinity

The traditional male role in my book is to show respect to a lady by being courteous, respectful, and be a good listener.

P.S. Good listeners don't probe but prompt conversations with questions such as, "Do you normally have sex on the first date, or wait until the second date?".
Nuff Said

As I think about it if you are a liberal man and are asked that question you probably don't think masculinity is the right way to live because your movement denounces it. If a man is masculine then he is either saying he is better than women or trying to rule them. So they think they are representing their ideology by not being as masculine. Also there is some irony here. Some men become liberal because they want to sleep with liberal women.
How many lead paint chips did you eat as a child?

Reactions: Circlejoe
No, never.

Pastor, how many "feminists" do you know? I'd guess zero, or close to it, and you're making stuff up.

Some feminists may be quite annoyed because they find themselves with some knuckle-dragging man who believes all of the crap that the patriarchy / pastors / morons have long decreed, that they ought to stay at home, cook, pop out babies, and "freshen up for when your man comes home".
Why would you assume I don't know any feminists? That is kind of a strange assumption. Your description of how feminists think of such men is what I am talking about. If a man gets married and can provide for his wife and children then why can't she cook and clean? Somebody has to do it. Popping out babies is a crass way of saying, "She is having his children whom he cherishes".

Why would you assume I don't know any feminists? That is kind of a strange assumption. Your description of how feminists think of such men is what I am talking about. If a man gets married and can provide for his wife and children then why can't she cook and clean? Somebody has to do it. Popping out babies is a crass way of saying, "She is having his children whom he cherishes".
Because she's sexually frustrated and suffers manic depression from being married to a 16th century troglodyte that doesn't know how to wash his rancid pig smelling ass and can't find her clitoris?

That's my guess ..

Why would you assume I don't know any feminists?
In my experience, feminism is pretty much non-existent within evangelical churches. The real "F word" to evangelicals is "feminist". It almost down there with "Satanist"

My two late brothers were evangelicals. My sister is too. My parents were. I have seen that attitude all my life.

If you and your church are different, I apologize. Based on your posting history, though, I think I surmise your position pretty well.

Because she's sexually frustrated and suffers manic depression from being married to a 16th century troglodyte that doesn't know how to wash his rancid pig smelling ass and can't find her clitoris?

That's my guess ..
Your obsession with Van P is disgusting

Noodle, your post reminded me of a life changing moment.

Gave up using after shave lotion when attending a business conference and another male attendee with the wave of his hand, as if gay, asked, "Darling, I love the smell of your perfume".

The upsetting part was several others loudly laughing at the comment. Felt my manhood was being questioned.

Be better if he was his dad.

About CoH.

My wife donated our bikes to charity over 20 years ago.

Believe CoH is still actively riding his up those steep mountain roads.

Attribute this to his moving to the healthy state of Colorado while I must inhale the air breathed into the environment by obese smokers and industrial plant polluters :).

Reactions: BradStevens
You live in Whiting?

:).

As a kid was in the backseat as the family drove through Whiting on the way to Chicago.

The air was so bad we had to roll up the car windows in an attempt to avoid barfing.

Currently live in Indianapolis which is almost like Colorado compared to Whiting.

Reactions: larsIU
About CoH.

My wife donated our bikes to charity over 20 years ago.

Believe CoH is still actively riding his up those steep mountain roads.

Attribute this to his moving to the healthy state of Colorado while I must inhale the air breathed into the environment by obese smokers and industrial plant polluters :).
Ha. The biggest hill I ride on these days is the I 70 overpass.

Noodle, your post reminded me of a life changing moment.

Gave up using after shave lotion when attending a business conference and another male attendee with the wave of his hand, as if gay, asked, "Darling, I love the smell of your perfume".

The upsetting part was several others loudly laughing at the comment. Felt my manhood was being questioned.
Gonna need the name of that after shave, by the way.

For a friend . . .

Gonna need the name of that after shave, by the way.

For a friend . . .

Old Spice, because my wife said she liked it.

Never told her why I gave up using it. She might have accused me of being a wimp for being influenced by those guys.

Believe me, I am not a wimp, no matter what you may be thinking. Nice guy, maybe. But not a wimp.

All these arguments about masculinity. It's all pretty pointless.

It all comes down to one thing.

Can you throw a bear?

cb7t8mVPkiQDK.webp

All these arguments about masculinity. It's all pretty pointless.

It all comes down to one thing.

Can you throw a bear?
Which one?

Thought I was gonna get a chance to find out once when I ran into a young black bear (about 6' long, muzzle to rump, probably close to 350lbs) coming around a bend in the trail but fortunately our head to head matchup didn't materialize (longggg story)...

Turned out there were other humans below me pushing the poor guy up the trail and he must have felt somewhat trapped between us.

We both won in that he didn't get whacked by an ice axe adze (I thought I might be able to maintain control of the ice axe if I used the adze vs the pick) and I didn't end up getting mauled by a teenage black bear...

😎

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Good to hear you didn't die.
If I ever came face to face with a bear in the woods, I might not solve the age old question about whether bears poop in the woods or not, but I guarantee that I would.
I was seriously considering taking my chances in a lake that was to the right of the trail... I was doubting my ability to do anything more than totally piss him off if I hit him with my ice axe... He definitely had my complete attention...

Last edited:
They just embarrass you. They don't even kick your ass, they just make you look like a child. While laughing the whole time.

yes, that's specific.
I was a wrestler. I did switch to swimming. It’s a more physically demanding sport. Wrestling experience has come in handy a few times back in my young and wild days.

Reactions: 76-1 and larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT