ADVERTISEMENT

Manwich

How do you make your potatoes? Do you par boil them first and then put in the frying pan?

Those are home fries though aren't they? Just had em yesterday for dinner along with a steak and some apple pie cured bacon I picked up at the Amish grocer. I don't take the time to actually boil them though, I poke a few holes in a Russet or two and toss in the microwave for about 4 minutes, then let em cool. After cooling, slice into quarter inch thick rounds leaving the peel on. I cooked the meat first, then fried em in the bacon fat and basting butter from the steak along with thick sliced onion seasoned with only course salt and cracked black pepper. They were crisp around the edges, blistered on the outside but fluffy soft in the middle. I finish with two pieces of pumpernickel bread fried in the pan juices.

It's been my once weekly cheat meal while on this carnivore diet and I literaly look forward to itall week heh.

I've started a little concoction where I put on some little potatoes in the air fryer, put some butter in there along with some seasoning and then half way done, will slice up some smoked sausage and throw them in with them.

Oh my God, so good. I'm going to the store today and getting some because I have the house all to myself tonight, so no belts are required.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT