ADVERTISEMENT

M$U Just Being M$U

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHat's the $ sign for?
I didnt know we were paying players.
We are a program that has never cheated unlike a former basketball coach of yours, that was fired.

Now if you want to assert we took chances on a few with past problems, ok.
But many of those became quite successful and at least got a great education.

It's curious that these 2 iconic coaches are beloved by former players and come back to campus every year and yet in your eyes they are such bad people.

A lot of frustration here bec we've beaten you in recruiting and have been a superior program in both sports for 20 years and counting.

M$U

That's what everyone calls you. You didn't know this?

Reactions: vesuvius13
WHat's the $ sign for?
I didnt know we were paying players.
We are a program that has never cheated unlike a former basketball coach of yours, that was fired.

Now if you want to assert we took chances on a few with past problems, ok.
But many of those became quite successful and at least got a great education.

It's curious that these 2 iconic coaches are beloved by former players and come back to campus every year and yet in your eyes they are such bad people.

A lot of frustration here bec we've beaten you in recruiting and have been a superior program in both sports for 20 years and counting.

Both of your coaches are scumbags and would probably allow murderers to play on their teams.

I heard LJ Scott just got arrested for the 15th time. Will he play Saturday? Oh, he can’t. He graduated. Dantonio is a P.O.S. and I’m enjoying your backward slide. And Izzo? Well, we were 2-0 against him last season. He might be on a slide too.

As a resident of Fort Wayne, I remember some things about Robertson and his recruiting. I believe the incident he was accused of in High School was a Sexual assault on School property. I remember he was suspended from his High School Team more most of his Senior Year, but MSU recruited him any way and he apparently fit right into their culture.
Two observations: Isn't funny how Head Coaches are first in line to claim the Glory, Recognition, and raises when the team does well and wins a Conference Championship or goes to a New Year's Day Bowl Game, but they can't backpedal fast enough from a situation like this and claim it is someone else's responsibility or error. Second, You can take the Bro out of the Hood, but you can't take the Hood out of the Bro.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
I hate them with a passion. I enjoy beating MSU more than beating Purdue.

Ok....wait, that isn’t true. Ok, 2nd to Purdue.
Here is a good place to relate a story about the historic arrogance of MSU. In the early 90's Bill Mallory was Coaching IU and George Perles was coaching MSU. MSU won the game the previous year and had control of the trophy for the game, The Old Brass Spitoon. In this particular year the game was played in Bloomington. IU crushed MSU that year by a large margin, 25 or 30 points. When our players went over to the MSU Bench to retrieve the game trophy, they were informed that MSU failed to bring the trophy with them to the game, apparently believing they would never lose. Consequently, our players were deprived of the opportunity to have a post game victory celebration with the trophy. As I recall they shipped us the trophy around mid week following the game.

Here is a good place to relate a story about the historic arrogance of MSU. In the early 90's Bill Mallory was Coaching IU and George Perles was coaching MSU. MSU won the game the previous year and had control of the trophy for the game, The Old Brass Spitoon. In this particular year the game was played in Bloomington. IU crushed MSU that year by a large margin, 25 or 30 points. When our players went over to the MSU Bench to retrieve the game trophy, they were informed that MSU failed to bring the trophy with them to the game, apparently believing they would never lose. Consequently, our players were deprived of the opportunity to have a post game victory celebration with the trophy. As I recall they shipped us the trophy around mid week following the game.
They had to leave the trophy home to make room for the chests full of steroid vials and hypodermic needles. We were screwed out of a Big Ten championship in 1987 by the most disgusting form of cheating in all of sports - PEDs. Perles was a piece of shit.

Blackwell that guys word who you are taking as gospel was fired from MSU after an independent investigation revealed he interfered in a police investigation and failed his mandatory reporting requirements. Oh and the guy is now suing MSU for wrongful termination because he’s broke and his lawyer leaked cherry picked statements to the media to smear Dantonio because they want money.

The same investigation also found Dantonio handled everything perfectly and committed zero
violations. Outside investigations also reviewed Izzo committed zero violations and hasn’t handled everything perfectly.

Trying to tie to US Olympic team doctor who treated gymnasts at MSU to Dantonio and Izzo is beyond pathetic and reeks of jealousy.

You should follow Herbstreets lead and tell people to publicly apologize to Dantonio for fake news smears.

Crossblock is referring to the '91 game.
IU 31-MSU 0. Total domination by IU D that day. Jim Miller and Bret Johnson were QBs for MSU. IIRC, MSU football office sent the trophy to Iowa first, before it got to IU.

Isn’t it ironic...that you are aligning with yourself with a guy terminated for trying to cover up a rape just to smear Dantonio?

He’s now in a civil lawsuit against MSU. Of course he will say anything and everything to smear MSU and Dantonio without proof. He’s attempting to get money because he’s unhirable the rest of his life.

You should read the Jones Day report. You know, the actual outside legal investigation into MSUs football program that had Dantonio coming out smelling like roses.

Still remember the thread on the MSU Red Cedar Message Board where they were making fun of Coach Hep dying the season after it happened.

Some classy fans in the MSU fanbase but they have their share of idiots.

Reactions: iulb and vesuvius13
Media has not done its job on MSU. Swept under is right. Now I suppose you could have that much smoke and nothing there but we wouldnt know that from the appearance of objective reporting. The big school cheated so small school gets punishment line is true on many levels.

MSU has gotten the better of us in athletics lately...(well not last year in b-ball), that being said, I would not want any daughter of mine anywhere near any of your athletic players or programs.

As a resident of Fort Wayne, I remember some things about Robertson and his recruiting. I believe the incident he was accused of in High School was a Sexual assault on School property. I remember he was suspended from his High School Team more most of his Senior Year, but MSU recruited him any way and he apparently fit right into their culture.
Two observations: Isn't funny how Head Coaches are first in line to claim the Glory, Recognition, and raises when the team does well and wins a Conference Championship or goes to a New Year's Day Bowl Game, but they can't backpedal fast enough from a situation like this and claim it is someone else's responsibility or error. Second, You can take the Bro out of the Hood, but you can't take the Hood out of the Bro.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this post?

Isn’t it ironic...that you are aligning with yourself with a guy terminated for trying to cover up a rape just to smear Dantonio?

He’s now in a civil lawsuit against MSU. Of course he will say anything and everything to smear MSU and Dantonio without proof. He’s attempting to get money because he’s unhirable the rest of his life.

You should read the Jones Day report. You know, the actual outside legal investigation into MSUs football program that had Dantonio coming out smelling like roses.

Ahh yeah the law firm the school paid to do and investigation and only allowed them to investigate certain parts they approved the firm to investigate.. nothings wrong with that.. not at all..

Another report found that MSU basketball and football players have been involved in 29 sexual assaults during the years of Dantonio and Izzo.

I learned just about ALL I needed to know about Dantonio two years ago when he played LJ Scott after Scott was arrested for the 7th time for driving on a suspended license. Let that sink into your head, let's you know really fast what is important and what's not important!!!

The kid shouldn't have been anywhere near the Michigan St campus, yet there he was on the field because all that matters is winning.

I've always liked Izzo, way more than Mark Dantonio.

M$U

That's what everyone calls you. You didn't know this?

Yeah, thanks for the evidence.
Did you confuse Izzo with Self?
Wow they dont look alike.
One got hammered today for lack of institutional control.

The other just had 250 former basketball alums at his house this weekend with his wife and daughter doing all the cooking and cleanup.

Oh and he has given millions to charities.

Oh, and in 25 years he has 1 violation for a summer job that was based on a new rule by the NCAA, where a coach of a recruit got a temp summer job..

But keep it up chief, I just give you the facts and it makes this "$" really silly and appear as petty envy.

Blackwell that guys word who you are taking as gospel was fired from MSU after an independent investigation revealed he interfered in a police investigation and failed his mandatory reporting requirements. Oh and the guy is now suing MSU for wrongful termination because he’s broke and his lawyer leaked cherry picked statements to the media to smear Dantonio because they want money.

The same investigation also found Dantonio handled everything perfectly and committed zero
violations. Outside investigations also reviewed Izzo committed zero violations and hasn’t handled everything perfectly.

Trying to tie to US Olympic team doctor who treated gymnasts at MSU to Dantonio and Izzo is beyond pathetic and reeks of jealousy.

You should follow Herbstreets lead and tell people to publicly apologize to Dantonio for fake news smears.

I don't know the value or even validity of a JD from MSU, but the program certainly failed to educate on when to stop talking.

The other just had 250 former basketball alums at his house this weekend with his wife and daughter doing all the cooking and cleanup.

Oh, and in 25 years he has 1 violation for a summer job that was based on a new rule by the NCAA, where a coach of a recruit got a temp summer job..

But keep it up chief, I just give you the facts and it makes this "$" really silly and appear as petty envy.
Did this ever get cleared up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-accusing-3-basketball-players-of-raping-her/

If you didn't make it to the end of the article, there's this:
"The lawsuit follows investigations by both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press that found a string of sexual assault complaints involving Michigan State football and basketball players in recent years and a pattern of inaction and information suppression by university officials.

At least 16 Michigan State football players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women since Mark Dantonio became head coach in 2007, according to an ESPN investigation. Three former football players pleaded guilty last week to reduced charges in the 2017 sexual assault of a woman in an apartment bathroom.

This is the third time since 2010 that multiple Michigan State basketball players have been accused of raping a woman, according to the Detroit Free Press. Last month, a freshman walk-on basketball player, Brock Washington, was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge. He had been under investigation for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct, according to the Free Press."

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

And a more current article on the victim:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com...ball-rape-nassar-lawsuit-title-ix/3409013002/

Reactions: 76-1

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story...ed-title-ix-sexual-misconduct-complaints-espn

But hey, not to worry - the MSU Title IX 'investigative' process will help clear things up.

"Last month, Outside the Lines reported that the U.S. Department of Education found that Michigan State University officials for years violated federal law by failing to comply with requirements that aim to ensure a safe campus, systemically underreported crime statistics and -- in the handling of sexual assault allegations against Nassar -- demonstrated "a lack of institutional control."

Who conducted the investigation that cleared a head coach and blamed an expendable staff member?

MSU has zero credibility on sexual crimes. While crying about survivors, Izzo had a walk on player accused of sexual assault sitting on his bench. It is not surprising that Dantonio would bring a rapist to East Lansing. They have had so many. Maybe the same aggression that causes them to rape makes them effective on the football field. Damn the character issues as long as you win, right?

It is sickening and a disgrace. Anyone defending the program or their treatment of sexual assault is equally disgusting

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
would you rather lead a top 25 program with players that have sexually assaulted fellow classmates or lead a non-top 25 program with players that have morals?

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this post?
You and one other poster have questioned something in my initial post without identifying what you feel is the elephant in the room. The last sentence reads: "You can take the Bro out of the Hood, but you can't take the Hood out of the Bro." I assume that you believe this comment is racist and directed at the player. My comment is really directed to the specific situation and the Coaches recruiting these kids as well as the underlying conduct.

We have too many Coaches who suffer from the "Father Flanigan" complex. They believe there are no bad kids, just misunderstood kids who they can reform under their direction particularly if they have the talent to play (See Tom Osborne/Lawrence Phillips, Steve Alford/Pierre Pierce, Mark D'Antonio/Fill in the Blank). A Coaching Staff can't babysit 100 + players 24/7 and 18-22 year olds are capable of poor decision making, they drink, get into fights, sometimes get pulled over for DUI. Not to excuse any of these types of conduct, but this is a totally different situation.

Here you have a person who has a criminal record from high school involving sexual assault. Ask yourself this. If this Kid had a 4.0 in high school and had the potential to be the best Computer Science Student the University ever admitted would the University allow him to enter? Of course not. They would view him as a problem with a potential liability for the University. The University can't charge $50 per ticket to get 70,000 people to come in and watch him in Computer Science Class and Lab and generate substantial revenue for the University to offset the potential liability or make a profit.
Also ask yourself this, by admitting this Kid, who was deprived of the opportunity to obtain a football scholarship from MSU and have an education paid for?

Hoosiers are going to get SMOKED Saturday in East Lansing. And y’all have no idea what your talking about. Dantonio and Izzo have more class in their pink fingers then all of you punks lol.

Reactions: Dpend and drm
Hoosiers are going to get SMOKED Saturday in East Lansing. And y’all have no idea what your talking about. Dantonio and Izzo have more class in their pink fingers then all of you punks lol.

Already chipped in for the Refs have you...

If you have the same crew that worked your last game the FBI will be watching closely... There's some personal freed up from the basketball investigation I've heard...

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13

and the Jones Day investigation was led by my nephew, a UM law school grad and big UM fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT