ADVERTISEMENT

Loyer scoreless

Dude averages 10 points a game on 40 percent from the field with the most unstoppable player in the country kicking it out.

Yet he makes faces and acts like he's the greatest player in college. He's insufferable.

Loyer and Smith are not P5 starters. They have played almost every game of their career against a defense that is in a double team. Purdue will be at the bottom of the B10 for at least the next two seasons.

Loyer and Smith are not P5 starters. They have played almost every game of their career against a defense that is in a double team. Purdue will be at the bottom of the B10 for at least the next two seasons.
No they won’t

I think Smith will have a better future without Edey (vs Loyer) although he won't have Lurch to lob into for easy assists (please PU fans don't hit me with the Ice Berg...if the dude was decent, he would have seen more of the court this year). Smith is a hard nosed competitor. Loyer....more like a fragile drama queen.

Loyer is a mid major talent (at best) who has been protected by the big Canuuk and how teams defended PU. UConn had the personnel to play Edey straight up and the guards to completely shut down the perimeter...although that task was much easier since they didn't have to double down on Edey. Loyer got a glimpse into his future last night. I'm betting he had a restless night of sleep.

What the hell happened to Furst? Does he recover his career next year??

I think Smith will have a better future without Edey (vs Loyer) although he won't have Lurch to lob into for easy assists (please PU fans don't hit me with the Ice Berg...if the dude was decent, he would have seen more of the court this year). Smith is a hard nosed competitor. Loyer....more like a fragile drama queen.

Loyer is a mid major talent (at best) who has been protected by the big Canuuk and how teams defended PU. UConn had the personnel to play Edey straight up and the guards to completely shut down the perimeter...although that task was much easier since they didn't have to double down on Edey. Loyer got a glimpse into his future last night. I'm betting he had a restless night of sleep.

Doesn't PU have a couple of giants who will play next season? I don't know about what has happened to Furst. I almost feel like he could transfer. But his little brother is a walk on at PU so maybe he will stick it out for Josh.

That is weird that Furst went from starter to just picking up cleanup minutes. The look on his face seemed to say ‘I’m outta here’. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Doesn't PU have a couple of giants who will play next season? I don't know about what has happened to Furst. I almost feel like he could transfer. But his little brother is a walk on at PU so maybe he will stick it out for Josh.
they have that Berg guy, but honestly I think he's a stiff...if he wasn't, we would have seen him on the court more when Edey needed a rest. CMP will have to implement an entirely new offensive scheme next year. Guys like Loyer are going to find open look 3s much more difficult. Edey's presence was just so overwhelming and make life easier for everyone.

I've got $500 with your name on it that says they finish in the top half of the B10 next year. They're going to drop, but will still be a tournament team, ranked most of the year and in the top 4-5 in the conference.

they have that Berg guy, but honestly I think he's a stiff...if he wasn't, we would have seen him on the court more when Edey needed a rest. CMP will have to implement an entirely new offensive scheme next year. Guys like Loyer are going to find open look 3s much more difficult. Edey's presence was just so overwhelming and make life easier for everyone.
He's got a 7'2" guy coming in. He's going to get by next year by committee with those 2 and TKR, and I think will still be pretty good in the B10 at least.

Reactions: Bill4411
I've got $500 with your name on it that says they finish in the top half of the B10 next year. They're going to drop, but will still be a tournament team, ranked most of the year and in the top 4-5 in the conference.
I’m not betting money, but I acknowledge your prediction.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
He's got a 7'2" guy coming in. He's going to get by next year by committee with those 2 and TKR, and I think will still be pretty good in the B10 at least.
if that's the case..then you have to wonder what Caleb Furst is thinking about his future. Because it appears to be going nowhere in WLaf.

if that's the case..then you have to wonder what Caleb Furst is thinking about his future. Because it appears to be going nowhere in WLaf.
I'd say he knows what his future in WL is and is OK with it, or his name will be in the portal this year. They also have a 6'10" kid from OH coming in that we recruited who will probably be in front of him. Think of Tim Priller who actually gets some minutes, NIL$, and probably a degree. Is that so bad?

Without an another anomaly appearing on the starting 5 PUke's Juniors to be will be woefull under achievers. No size, no speed with low athleticism they can't prevail.

I'd say he knows what his future in WL is and is OK with it, or his name will be in the portal this year. They also have a 6'10" kid from OH coming in that we recruited who will probably be in front of him. Think of Tim Priller who actually gets some minutes, NIL$, and probably a degree. Is that so bad?
I think Furst will transfer if I had to bet on it. They need a spot open anyway.

not a bad life for sure. Just not what I was expecting based on expectations coming out of HS. Priller was recruited by Crean...and Incarnate Word. The list of schools who pursued Furst (including IU) is much more impressive. I know he had some injury/covid setbacks his first 2 years.

I guess the real question is.... can he dance like Priller??

Furst might hit the portal- if he was going to play much, this would have been the year.

TKR has been extremely underwhelming so far.

Loyer had feasted over the last several games because teams had to dig down on Edey. All of those open shots that Loyer got were fool’s gold. The shots were earned by Edey, not by Loyer. He is a fraud. Smith will still do OK next year, but Loyer will suffer.

Loyer had feasted over the last several games because teams had to dig down on Edey. All of those open shots that Loyer got were fool’s gold. The shots were earned by Edey, not by Loyer. He is a fraud. Smith will still do OK next year, but Loyer will suffer.
Yep that was my original point. He’s been riding Superman’s cape. Those days are now over. They’ll have to work to get open look 3s. Won’t be nearly as easy.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
TKR has been extremely underwhelming so far.
I thought he looked a lot better this year, just playing next to NPOY, so... But, I think he'll be passable next year, but assumed they'd be going to a single post, but seems like the PU folks here still seem to think they'll play one of their other bigs (Berg or the new 7'2" guy) next to TKR still.

Still cracks me up that the word was he was going to PU because they had enough post players and were going to play him on the wing.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT