ADVERTISEMENT

Lori Lightfoot is flippin' crazy

Ha, nice try. Of course it’s pronounced hyper. Like a hyper child. I’ve never once seen anyone list it in all caps like “HYPER.”

Take the L and move on Cletus.
I was actually there around 83. We had a church conference youth event there. I placed 3rd in the free throw contest. But I didn't know the name of the facility. It was years later when people talked about the hyper on here that I realized this is where I was at.

I was actually there around 83. We had a church conference youth event there. I placed 3rd in the free throw contest. But I didn't know the name of the facility. It was years later when people talked about the hyper on here that I realized this is where I was at.
For last damn time, it’s HPER. Anyone who has any connection to IU Bloomington knows this.

As much as I love Minneapolis, it has none of my childhood guilty pleasures that frikken Bedford has.

No Big Red pop (it pops up randomly once in a blue moon at Walmart or Cub)
No Long John Silvers (the only one is at the Mall of America food court).
No Pizza Hut/Pizza Express/Nobel Roman's breadsticks with cheese sauce (only red sauce)
No Steak n Shake (we have Freddy's which blows).
No chocolate icing doughnuts with creme filling. It's all custard filling which is like eating a doughnut dunked in banana pudding).

It's probably why I'm not 800 lbs but still, there are some things strip mall towns have that big cities don't.

No Bob and Tom either nor Stern (Howard was on in the late 90's for maybe a year but couldn't beat the local guys).

Lol

I'd say you upgraded from the bottom of the barrel quite nicely

Ha, nice try. Of course it’s pronounced hyper. Like a hyper child. I’ve never once seen anyone list it in all caps like “HYPER.”

Take the L and move on Cletus.
You haven't spoken with many IU grads then.

Did you attend college anywhere? Its' ok if you didn't. just dumb to come here and pretend.

Maybe you should move. Your coastal elite prick demeanor would fit in much better in Manhattan or SF. Stop tarnishing our kind Midwestern sensibilities with your assholishness.
It is all an act to cover the lack of self-esteem. Not a new phenominon here.

She’s at it again

Meanwhile…

78 people shot in one weekend. That's a lot, even for the Dems.

She refuses to go after the gangs. A sane party would force her out.

Reactions: DANC
People are leaving Illinois as it's political system and taxation structure is a black hole disaster. Chicago is a great city if money is of little concern. You can live in safe places that are walled off from the rot and keep playing the music.

The weather sucks 9 months of the year, and what advantages that once existed are being eclipsed by many other cities.

The state is probably the most dysfunctional state in the country with it's wide disconnect of Chicago and down state.

All I know is once people hit their family raising years, they want to go elsewhere. Most of my family has left, and the one's that remain hope to leave within the next few years.
Not really disagreeing with you, but I've become numb to claims that people are "leaving" a state. Hard to prove, it seems.

Are the claims of "leaving" based on documented cases of people known to be physical residents of one state certainly, actually, undeniably going through the BS of packing their stuff into a truck, canceling their utilities, cleaning their vacated residence and driving the rental truck at 50 mph two days to a different state?

Or ...

Are these claims based on a calculation or estimate of one state's reduction in population correlated somehow to a calculation of another state's gain in population?

So many of these claims seem to involve population increases in Texas and, frankly, I wonder if anybody in Texas would even provide that information. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Not really disagreeing with you, but I've become numb to claims that people are "leaving" a state. Hard to prove, it seems.

Are the claims of "leaving" based on documented cases of people known to be physical residents of one state certainly, actually, undeniably going through the BS of packing their stuff into a truck, canceling their utilities, cleaning their vacated residence and driving the rental truck at 50 mph two days to a different state?

Or ...

Are these claims based on a calculation or estimate of one state's reduction in population correlated somehow to a calculation of another state's gain in population?

So many of these claims seem to involve population increases in Texas and, frankly, I wonder if anybody in Texas would even provide that information. Maybe I'm wrong though.
They're losing another seat in Congress after this latest Census.
Couple that with their unfunded pension plans, and the inability to adjust them due to their Constitution, and llinois is in a death spiral.

Last edited:

Or ...

I assume you are a climate change denier too then

She’s at it again

Meanwhile…

Police Superintendent David Brown: "Homicides are up by 5 percent and shootings are up by 17 percent this year compared to the same period last year."

I assume you are a climate change denier too then. ,
No, I think climate change is real. There may be some ground to wonder whether it is entirely manmade or not, but we should be making more preparations to deal with it and I don't think we are doing enough.

The science shouldn't be controversial, either.
4792559f-ad66-459f-bc8c-b55608c12d69.09ee9ab8106cf9fd1f75f19ad468a9ff.jpeg

We have about 200+ years of temperature records in the US and every sixth grader can add them up and calculate the average (or should be able to).

No, I think climate change is real. There may be some ground to wonder whether it is entirely manmade or not, but we should be making more preparations to deal with it and I don't think we are doing enough.

The science shouldn't be controversial, either.

We have about 200+ years of temperature records in the US and every sixth grader can add them up and calculate the average (or should be able to).

So you selectively decide when to listen to the data and when to reject its results?

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
Freddy's is what Steak n Shake used to be. It's excellent.

Can't speak to it, but Minneapolis has Culver's (from WI), Portillos (from Chi) and plenty of other options that are better than Long John Silvers, etc. Steak n' Shake (to your point), used to be pretty solid.

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
So you selectively decide when to listen to the data and when to reject its results?
what results are being rejected?

We have 200 years of temperature data and if I recall correctly 19 of the 20 hottest years on record have occurred in the first 20 years of this century. Should that be treated as a coincidence? Places in Canada are breaking all time high temperature records by 8 degrees in the first week of summer. it is not a subtle effect.

what results are being rejected?

We have 200 years of temperature data and if I recall correctly 19 of the 20 hottest years on record have occurred in the first 20 years of this century. Should that be treated as a coincidence? Places in Canada are breaking all time high temperature records by 8 degrees in the first week of summer. it is not a subtle effect.

WTF are you talking about? Nobody is arguing climate change. Sit this one out.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm critiquing your denial of numerical evidence that demonstrates migrations and population changes based on your "numb" feelings.

There are several ways that these migration flows are measured and any article provides the specific context around that measurement or, if you are lucky, summarizes multiple methods.

But the idea that Chicago and Illinois aren't hemorrhaging people while the the data suggests that it is seems a bit hypocritical, so say the least.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You quoted a post about climate change and then suggested that support for climate change is based on selective decisions to reject data.

It was a ridiculous assertion, so it's good to see that you have backtracked.

You quoted a post about climate change and then suggested that support for climate change is based on selective decisions to reject data.

It was a ridiculous assertion, so it's good to see that you have backtracked.

I suggest you reread. It has NOTHING to do with climate change and everything to do with selective acceptance of data.

I'm nervous that you are in drug development.

I'm critiquing your denial of numerical evidence that demonstrates migrations and population changes based on your "numb" feelings.

There are several ways that these migration flows are measured and any article provides the specific context around that measurement or, if you are lucky, summarizes multiple methods.

But the idea that Chicago and Illinois aren't hemorrhaging people while the the data suggests that it is seems a bit hypocritical, so say the least.
Please read my Post 214.

I specifically asked what the evidence was that genuine residents of one state were actually packing up their stuff and moving to another state. No one (including you) has yet identified the evidence.

States can lose population for reasons other than moving (like dying or failure to complete a census form). And, states can lose Congressional seats even if their population increases. I was asking for the evidence that people are physically moving, because I can't think of any public database that would track such information.

Please read my Post 214.

I specifically asked what the evidence was that genuine residents of one state were actually packing up their stuff and moving to another state. No one (including you) has yet identified the evidence.

States can lose population for reasons other than moving (like dying or failure to complete a census form). And, states can lose Congressional seats even if their population increases. I was asking for the evidence that people are physically moving, because I can't think of any public database that would track such information.
USPS USCB ****ing hell. You think it’s just all a hoax?

Last edited:
Please read my Post 214.

I mean, do you even try and do your own research? Or are you just admittedly lazy af?

I mean, do you even try and do your own research? Or are you just admittedly lazy af?

I suspect some posters are just really old

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT