ADVERTISEMENT

Lori Lightfoot is flippin' crazy

Funny thing is I've never seen Chicago rocking & rolling like it is so far this summer. You can't get into restaurants there are so many people here. The tour boats are packed. The rooftop patios are incredible.

Wrigley Field is sold out. Guaranteed Rate (dumbest name in baseball. Sox park) is still limited but will be wide open in a week. Both teams are in first place with the Sox currently holding the best record in baseball.

Murders down 25%.

This may end up being the best summer in Chicago I've ever had. But yes, Chicago sucks because some idiot who lives in StripMall Town, USA thinks it sucks! It makes me happy that people like Mush stay away...far, far, away.

Funny thing is I've never seen Chicago rocking & rolling like it is so far this summer. You can't get into restaurants there are so many people here. The tour boats are packed. The rooftop patios are incredible.

Wrigley Field is sold out. Guaranteed Rate (dumbest name in baseball. Sox park) is still limited but will be wide open in a week. Both teams are in first place with the Sox currently holding the best record in baseball.

This may end up being the best summer in Chicago I've ever had. But yes, Chicago sucks because some idiot who lives in StripMall Town, USA thinks it sucks! It makes me happy that people like Mush stay away...far, far, away.
Cmon Hoops, your implications here are silly. Wrigley has always been sold out if the Cubs are even semi competitive. Summer in Chicago has always been the best of any major city. Lightfoot has zero to do with that.

Cmon Hoops, your implications here are silly. Wrigley has always been sold out if the Cubs are even semi competitive. Summer in Chicago has always been the best of any major city. Lightfoot has zero to do with that.

Chicago is booming like I've never seen it. What makes her crazy?

Murders down 25%.

lol this tuesday was the deadliest day in chicago all year. 8 people killed by gunfire. your little circle you run is largely immune to it. just like my little circle where i live. but a true dem shouldn't take solace in that and should want/demand better for the entire region

lol this tuesday was the deadliest day in chicago all year. 8 people killed by gunfire.

And...so far this year, murders are down 25%. You should know about murders, since you're from the Murder Capital of the U.S., St. Louis, MO.

With a compound annual growth rate of −1.1 percent, St. Louis tops the list as the fastest-shrinking city. This means that St. Louis City's population fell by an average of 1.1 percent each year from 2014 to 2019.

Murders down 25%.

What's your rooftop patio of choice?

And...so far this year, murders are down 25%. You should know about murders, since you're from the Murder Capital of the U.S., St. Louis, MO.

With a compound annual growth rate of −1.1 percent, St. Louis tops the list as the fastest-shrinking city. This means that St. Louis City's population fell by an average of 1.1 percent each year from 2014 to 2019.
yes stl is dying because they've elected the same dems for half a century. 600,000 plus have moved out of the crime-ridden city to the burbs. the farther west the more conservative the safer. just reality.

as for murders in chicago i have no idea where you get your data

yes stl is dying because they've elected the same dems for half a century. 600,000 plus have moved out of the crime-ridden city to the burbs. the farther west the more conservative the safer. just reality.

Chicago has lost 3,000 people in the last decade. Most of Illinois' population loss is coming from the St. Louis area.

yes stl is dying because they've elected the same dems for half a century
Well that and riverboats got replaced by trains and trucks. Just sayin

But I'm near Indy which only grows b/c roads have to go through the midwest somewhere.

Which major cities have Republican mayors?

right. murders are up this year not down. up by a lot.
Not sure how many times this has to be said to people who like to use Chicago as their example of murder rate. The murders for the vast majority of Chicago happen in 3 gang infested neighborhoods.

St. Louis is worse than Baltimore, Flint MI, Detroit, New Orleans, Newark, Compton(!), Cleveland, Orlando, Memphis, Charleston, Elkhart, San Bernardino,.....oh.....there's Chicago at #24th highest murder rate in the US.

So from now on, I'm just going to say ST. LOUIS!!! Nothin' But A G-Thang.

Chicago Tribune reports that as of 6/15, murders (totaling 294) are 21 more than all of 2020. https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-police-department-shootings-in-memorial-day-weekend/10726969/

Reactions: 76-1 and F.Fletch
Not sure how many times this has to be said to people who like to use Chicago as their example of murder rate. The murders for the vast majority of Chicago happen in 3 gang infested neighborhoods.

St. Louis is worse than Baltimore, Flint MI, Detroit, New Orleans, Newark, Compton(!), Cleveland, Orlando, Memphis, Charleston, Elkhart, San Bernardino,.....oh.....there's Chicago at #24th highest murder rate in the US.

So from now on, I'm just going to say ST. LOUIS!!! Nothin' But A G-Thang.

so what. that's the same as everywhere including saint louis. it's a handful of areas north in the city. there aren't murders in clayton, ladue, frontenac, chesterfield, town and country etc. the city only has 300,000 people out of a region of 2.5 mil so the rate is high bc of those neighborhoods calculated from 300,000. the murder rate is based on 300,000 in the city and excludes 2.2 mil. but that's all immaterial to the politics of the dems leading cities that give rise to these high crime rates. so again is it dems policies that give rise to high crime and homelessness?

Reactions: 76-1
lol this tuesday was the deadliest day in chicago all year. 8 people killed by gunfire. your little circle you run is largely immune to it. just like my little circle where i live. but a true dem shouldn't take solace in that and should want/demand better for the entire region

Yes.....sure seems to be saying that as long as his white ass is safe all is good.. Unusual take for a SJW.

Reactions: 76-1
miami. otherwise the vast majority are dems. so is there a link between dem policies and high homelessness numbers and crime?
Not sure what your point is. Cities have more crime than podunk areas with low populations. Cities have higher homeless populations because there are more resources in a city. Resources as in more people to panhandle from and probably more warm places to sleep. So, yeah, places like Indy and Bloomington will have higher homeless populations and more crime than places like Shoals.

Didn’t say she was. I said your attribution to her is silly.
Okay. Well, I'm just judging by what I see here. They've done a great job getting people vaccinated. I don't see anything "crazy" about her. I also think it's hilarious that Chicago is this boogeyman for every redneck in the US, when Orlando has a higher murder rate than Chicago. and when it isn't nearly as dangerous as many other major cities in the US.

We have 3 neighborhoods in Chicago that have awful gang activity: Garfield Park, Englewood, and Lawndale. No one who is visiting Chicago will probably venture into one of these neighborhoods. What's happening there is a tragedy but it says nothing about the VAST majority of Chicago which is perfectly safe.

Hit me up if you're in Chicago. I'll buy you 1-3 beers.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Not sure what your point is. Cities have more crime than podunk areas with low populations. Cities have higher homeless populations because there are more resources in a city. Resources as in more people to panhandle from and probably more warm places to sleep. So, yeah, places like Indy and Bloomington will have higher homeless populations and more crime than places like Shoals.
not necessarily. the crime rates vary significantly amongst cities of similar populations. homelessness as well. policy and urban planning impact both

Yes.....sure seems to be saying that as long as his white ass is safe all is good.. Unusual take for a SJW.

SJW? What?

I'm saying Chicago is dangerous if you're in a gang and in certain areas of Chicago where they're at war with each other. How does that make me an SJW?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Okay. Well, I'm just judging by what I see here. They've done a great job getting people vaccinated. I don't see anything "crazy" about her. I also think it's hilarious that Chicago is this boogeyman for every redneck in the US, when Orlando has a higher murder rate than Chicago. and when it isn't nearly as dangerous as many other major cities in the US.

We have 3 neighborhoods in Chicago that have awful gang activity: Garfield Park, Englewood, and Lawndale. No one who is visiting Chicago will probably venture into one of these neighborhoods. What's happening there is a tragedy but it says nothing about the VAST majority of Chicago which is perfectly safe.

Hit me up if you're in Chicago. I'll buy you 1-3 beers.

Okay, I admit I was wrong. I saw the article that said May was down 25 percent from last year. I misread it.

I can take being wrong and I have no problem admitting it. That still doesn't make it worse than St. Louis.
i don't think it is worse than saint louis. i think the mayors sound like twins tho and i again question if it's their policies that give rise to this stuff. doc chicago is a fantastic city. i love it. i'm again confining my posts to mayoral (to some extent state) policies

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT