ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for questions to ask a Bible study group.

I had a strange dream about cucumbers last night. See, I was eating a toblerone, and for some reason, this chocolate bar had cuke slices inside of it. Even in a dream, it did not taste good. I wonder what it means.

Maybe it is as simple as you realize you need to eat better. Now if Michael Hutchence shows up in the dream, hands you the Toblerone and is holding a white belt in the other hand, I suggest going to see a shrink.

Don't LIKE him? Are you a 13 year old girl or something? Like has absolutely nothing to do with coaching. I don't care if he's the biggest asshole in the world as long as he's competent. I don't want to befriend him or fk him, so who cares about like. I just want someone that knows how to coach. Opinion based on like and dislike is for Justin Bieber fans. There's nothing wrong with calling a clown a clown.
So now T.M.P. you are resorting to name calling? I have always liked talking with you and have never resorted to namecalling because I have not agreed with you. I just agree to disagree.

Don't LIKE him? Are you a 13 year old girl or something? Like has absolutely nothing to do with coaching. I don't care if he's the biggest asshole in the world as long as he's competent. I don't want to befriend him or fk him, so who cares about like. I just want someone that knows how to coach. Opinion based on like and dislike is for Justin Bieber fans. There's nothing wrong with calling a clown a clown.

See Bob Knight era.

So now T.M.P. you are resorting to name calling? I have always liked talking with you and have never resorted to namecalling because I have not agreed with you. I just agree to disagree.

Oh Jesus Christ STFU you over sensitive little weenie....I didn't call you a name.

Read it again but this time douche first as to avoid more irritation.

Agreed. but bitching at everything just because you do not like him is also ridiculous. If person has a legit gripe, then do it, but using every chance to take a shot is petty. Let's leave it at that and not clutter up the OTF with this.

Okay, offer something more amusing or funny to the board.

And until then, eat my dick Captain fvckpants.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Maybe it is as simple as you realize you need to eat better. Now if Michael Hutchence shows up in the dream, hands you the Toblerone and is holding a white belt in the other hand, I suggest going to see a shrink.
The funny thing is, I almost never eat chocolate. But last night, I had a bowl of Edy's fudge brownie ice cream. Other than one piece of cake a few weeks ago, it's probably the only chocolate I've had all year. Maybe that caused it.

goodfellas-tommy-funny-how-movie-poster-II4689.jpg

Tough talk from behind a keyboard. But hey....it is the OTF. At least you admit I am the Captain and you are a lowly, in the barrel, lowlife. Inferus unus.

Last edited:
Agreed. but bitching at everything just because you do not like him is also ridiculous. If person has a legit gripe, then do it, but using every chance to take a shot is petty. Let's leave it at that and not clutter up the OTF with this.

He's a clown and so are his sniveling little pu$$ y apologists who wrap their tepid clown defenses in "I have questions about his coaching too, but I hate the negativity" and "let's just support the team, guys."

Boo f***ing who, apologist.

Yes, you can be both. But you are not. You are a dyed-in-the-wool perfect 100% Republican who fits his religion around his political beliefs. The party is far more important to you than God. And it's not even close.

This has nothing do with your comment to uslayme. That was just an open door. This is based on your entire posting pattern. You are a shitty Christian. You don't care what Christ teaches. You only care about your political views, and you twist and bend the teachings of Jesus to fit what you already believe. You are a bad Christian, a bad pastor, and a bad human being.
I'm a sinner saved by the grace of God. What are you? Have you come to Him yet, believing in His death as payment for your sins? Goat, you got it the exact opposite. My Christian faith makes me a conservative. It's not the other way around as you say. Perhaps you are so locked into your political ideology that you can't see it. Do you really believe Jesus is for abortion or gay marriage? Do you believe Jesus wants people living together without being married? Who is the Jesus you worship? Be careful my friend because the Bible warns against going against God's value system.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I'm a sinner saved by the grace of God. What are you? Have you come to Him yet, believing in His death as payment for your sins? Goat, you got it the exact opposite. My Christian faith makes me a conservative. It's not the other way around as you say. Perhaps you are so locked into your political ideology that you can't see it. Do you really believe Jesus is for abortion or gay marriage? Do you believe Jesus wants people living together without being married? Who is the Jesus you worship? Be careful my friend because the Bible warns against going against God's value system.
Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

That's the thing: I don't feel I need God's value system to be a good human being. Christians like you pick the sins you don't like: gay marriage for example, but ignore the other sins Leviticus mentions. Do you wear clothing that is blended fabric? Do women speak in your church? If she does, stone her because your God commands it. Why do you not point out those sins, VPM?

I stand by this statement: you cannot be a good Christian and vote GOP. You are going to burn in hell for supporting war, VPM. If you support the GOP, you support endless war, you support the needs of the few at the expense of the many, you support pretty much everything the New Testament stands against. You are a pathetic hypocrite.

Reactions: IUecho87
I think my favorite part of this thread is all the athiests telling the few Christians how to be good Christians while picking and choosing which parts of the Bible to try to shove in their face.

Here's how Christianity is supposed to work. Accept, repent, baptize...Then try to live as Christ lived not because we can purchase Heaven through works, but because that is how Christ wants us to live. (TMP is correct. Help the poor, widows, etc.)

Sins: all sins are bad sins and there is no "level" of sin. Cheating, stealing, drunkeness (not a drink or two), murder, etc all pay the same wage of death.

I'm a Restoration Movement Church Christian. I bet 85% of the people who go to my Church are unaware they belong to a Restoration Movement Church or even understand what that is.

The pure animosity of some on this board to Christians is interesting. Goat and TMP don't believe, but they know more about the Bible and Biblical history than most Christians. Others just spout the anti-Christian viewpoints without really understanding what they are talking about.

I do like TMP's questions in which he knows the answers and trying to bait people into stupid answers. For example: Why is God so obsessed with gold?

Oh well, interesting thread with lots of twists and turns. Better than a beer thread or a golf attire thread.

One day VPM....you will discover you have devoted your entire life to a colossal lie.

And It will hit you like fully loaded train....

Here's hoping you'll have enough time to come to terms with it before you die.

I think my favorite part of this thread is all the athiests telling the few Christians how to be good Christians while picking and choosing which parts of the Bible to try to shove in their face.

Here's how Christianity is supposed to work. Accept, repent, baptize...Then try to live as Christ lived not because we can purchase Heaven through works, but because that is how Christ wants us to live. (TMP is correct. Help the poor, widows, etc.)

Sins: all sins are bad sins and there is no "level" of sin. Cheating, stealing, drunkeness (not a drink or two), murder, etc all pay the same wage of death.

I'm a Restoration Movement Church Christian. I bet 85% of the people who go to my Church are unaware they belong to a Restoration Movement Church or even understand what that is.

The pure animosity of some on this board to Christians is interesting. Goat and TMP don't believe, but they know more about the Bible and Biblical history than most Christians. Others just spout the anti-Christian viewpoints without really understanding what they are talking about.

I do like TMP's questions in which he knows the answers and trying to bait people into stupid answers. For example: Why is God so obsessed with gold?

Oh well, interesting thread with lots of twists and turns. Better than a beer thread or a golf attire thread.

Agree.....be as caring to others as you can. If that's being more "Christ-like" then so be it....but that's like me saying I'm gonna be more "Hestia-like" the Greek goddess associated with hospitality and unconditional love. Everyone now knows the Greek gods/goddesses are fairy tales....but they were once believed. Their popularity fell and was replaced by the god(s) of the next political power in control. Jesus is of the same category. It's time people admit that and quit claiming that believing without evidence (i.e. faith) is something to be revered.....it's quite the opposite and is the breeding ground of dangerous extremism.

Nick, I've studied the Bible for years, but don't consider myself an expert. I was raised Methodist, but now consider myself agnostic. I have nothing against good Christians. For example, my 7 year old daughter is interested in learning more about Jesus and wants to go to church, so I take her so she can make up her own mind when she gets older. I have nothing against anyone who is religious...Jewish, Muslim, Christians I don't care. All I ask is if you are going to preach it to others, you should live it yourself.

Based upon what you have said here, you apparently do. That's great. However, I do not think VPM does, and I base this upon what he has posted on the OTF. I don't have animosity towards people who adhere to their faith. I have animosity for frauds. I think VPM is a goddamn fraud. I cannot make any simpler than that. You cannot be a good Christian and a good Republican. The political ideology is incompatible with the religious belief in Christ's teachings. I don't think it is stretch to say that.

That's the key trait that everyone misses. The next life. Which is after reincarnation. I am not freaking wrong, dork, I grew up as a Lutheran and Buddhist. My Mother is a Buddhist.

Also, there's no guarantees that you get "rewarded or punished", by our (western) values of reward and punishment. As good and bad is an ever changing POV and not a physical condition. Reward is learning and knowing. Punishment is continued ignorance. Suffering is needed for both.

Enlightenment is the goal. The ultimate reward is complete enlightenment. It's not good luck, or money, or fame, or getting laid, because you were nice to someone earlier in the day. that's what Americans think Karma is.

Americans use it in a Christian view of a magical arbitrator (like a God or leprechaun or Saata Claus) that punishes bad acts with bad things and rewards good actions with material things.. Who's to say what is good and bad? (see story below for a view of Eastern culture and thought that you sorely need). What is important is acting correctly regardless of which pov you choose.

Here's your cultural lesson. The reason you don't understand how wrong you are, is because you don't understand the culture of the religion or the people. Time for some enlightenment. btw - knowledge is the greatest gift one can give to another. So, learn something.

Dharma is comingled with Karma for the western use of the word "karma." It bugs me a bit too when I hear people use the karma term, but not too much as I understand what they mean, and understand it is wrong.

Dharma is, in essence, the nature of things... something going against it's nature can expect bad outcomes, which leads to bad Karma, moving down a 'tier' in the next life. It's more complicated than that, but that is the gist of it. The western concept of 'karma' is an amalgamation of the two where doing bad things leads to bad stuff coming back upon the person. Actually, I kind of like the idea of it, but rarely do I see this actually happen.

Nick, I've studied the Bible for years, but don't consider myself an expert. I was raised Methodist, but now consider myself agnostic. I have nothing against good Christians. For example, my 7 year old daughter is interested in learning more about Jesus and wants to go to church, so I take her so she can make up her own mind when she gets older. I have nothing against anyone who is religious...Jewish, Muslim, Christians I don't care. All I ask is if you are going to preach it to others, you should live it yourself.

Based upon what you have said here, you apparently do. That's great. However, I do not think VPM does, and I base this upon what he has posted on the OTF. I don't have animosity towards people who adhere to their faith. I have animosity for frauds. I think VPM is a goddamn fraud. I cannot make any simpler than that. You cannot be a good Christian and a good Republican. The political ideology is incompatible with the religious belief in Christ's teachings. I don't think it is stretch to say that.

I grew up Methodist too until I started dating a girl whose father was a preacher for a Christian Church. My parents still go to the same Methodist church in little Brownstown Indiana.

He's a clown and so are his sniveling little pu$$ y apologists who wrap their tepid clown defenses in "I have questions about his coaching too, but I hate the negativity" and "let's just support the team, guys."

Boo f***ing who, apologist.
Another keyboard tough guy....LOL....and by the way, it is hoo not who after boo.

One day VPM....you will discover you have devoted your entire life to a colossal lie.

And It will hit you like fully loaded train....

Here's hoping you'll have enough time to come to terms with it before you die.
But, what if he is right and you are wrong? Then who will need to come to terms? Not stirring echo, just throwing out food for thought.

You think God cares about abortion? I got no problem with that. You think god hates gays? I disagree, but in have to admit it's perfectly compatible with conservative Christian belief. But your hatred of "welfare queens," your obsessive devotion to free-market capitalism, your willingness to kill Muslims, your love of the second amendment, these aren't Christian characteristics. These are conservative republican characteristics that you place above Christ in order of importance in your life. That's why you're a shitty Christian.

I hope it's clear for my part that I have no animosity to most Christians. It is only VPM I am calling out, because I think false prophets should be ridiculed and condemned at every opportunity.

But, what if he is right and you are wrong? Then who will need to come to terms? Not stirring echo, just throwing out food for thought.

If he's right....and the god of the bible is real....then god is an asshole and not worthy of my praise. And I'd tell him right to his face.

I'm a Catholic yet know I am a horrible one at that. I don't agree with every thing the Church teaches but I don't care. I believe what I believe. Some I know believe you can't be Catholic and be a Democrat. I prove them wrong every day. :)

And I firmly believe that Jesus looks down here every day shaking his head thinking, " You guys still just don't get it."

And I love reading the different views of many on the board. Goat, TMP, and others. I can appreciate where they are coming from. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Reactions: mike41703
You think God cares about abortion? I got no problem with that. You think god hates gays? I disagree, but in have to admit it's perfectly compatible with conservative Christian belief. But your hatred of "welfare queens," your obsessive devotion to free-market capitalism, your willingness to kill Muslims, your love of the second amendment, these aren't Christian characteristics. These are conservative republican characteristics that you place above Christ in order of importance in your life. That's why you're a shitty Christian.
God doesn't hate gays. I never said it. I said he wasn't for gay marriage. What is wrong with protecting yourself? That is what the second amendment is about. Yes, I am for free market capitalism because it has given us the greatest lifestyle ever known to humanity. Our poor are the richest poor in the world because of it. Goat, have you noticed how I don't attack you personally? It must say something about your viewpoint where you feel a need to do the same. I don't say you are a terrible lawyer because you appear to be on the socialistic side. I will defend free market capitalism,but I won't attack you. Since you do these things you are a crappy (notice how I cleaned that up) pagan.

God doesn't hate gays. I never said it. I said he wasn't for gay marriage. What is wrong with protecting yourself? That is what the second amendment is about. Yes, I am for free market capitalism because it has given us the greatest lifestyle ever known to humanity. Our poor are the richest poor in the world because of it. Goat, have you noticed how I don't attack you personally? It must say something about your viewpoint where you feel a need to do the same. I don't say you are a terrible lawyer because you appear to be on the socialistic side. I will defend free market capitalism,but I won't attack you. Since you do these things you are a crappy (notice how I cleaned that up) pagan.

I wish Jesus was real so he would bitch slap you in yo face.....

Dumb ..

What is wrong with protecting yourself? That is what the second amendment is about.
Matt 5.39
Yes, I am for free market capitalism because it has given us the greatest lifestyle ever known to humanity. Our poor are the richest poor in the world because of it.
The poor in more socialist Canada and Scandinavia would disagree. Mark 12.17
Since you do these things you are a crappy (notice how I cleaned that up) pagan.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Matt 7.15-17, Gal. 5.22-23

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT